Best storyteller songs?

Original version of song based on Charlie Ryan's own experience racing his buddy. Ryan was driving his customized hot rod which had a 1930 Ford body sitting on a shortened 1948 Lincoln chassis with a 1948 Lincoln V12 motor. One of his friends was his opponent in the race.

Short, but sweet:

You can also sing " Amazing Grace" to the tune of " Gilligan's Island." It's completely sacrilegious, but it will entertain people at a dull party.

Last edited:
I have to try this:
Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come
This grace that brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home
When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright, shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun

Nope, I had to cheat. I was doing fine to a point, then googled. Have to repeat, "the hour I first believed."

Ok, so did the Gilligan writers do that on purpose? Had to have.

Smoovr have a couple favorite good story tellin'; songs, but none gets to the nitty-gritty and down and dirty like Clarence Carter....bring a humongaloid smile to Smoove's face..

Last edited:
Smoovr have a couple favorite good story tellin'; songs, but none gets to the nitty-gritty and down and dirty like Clarence Carter....bring a humongaloid smile to Smoove's face:

I can't get this video to play, Smoove. Please repost.

Smoove gives Smoove's sincerest apologies....Smoove have repostified my song for the best the storyteller ever...Clarence Carter.

Lyin' Eyes' by the Eagles is one of the most evocative songs I've heard. I can literally visualize each scene with every verse.

Jackson Browne has a few as well but "Fountain of Sorrow" always comes to mind.

"Eleanor Rigby"

"Jeremy" - Pearl Jam.