Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Big time recruit who just announced where he will attend school for his Senior season in a oh by the way I’ll be in Pick Town soon . Of course it’s Pick North . Coach Hill is very rich in talent is the proverbial just OK overall as a coach but a great recruiter (. Laid back players coach ). Good for them . Probably add another stud or two before too long

Word on the street is Pickerington High School North has a new enrollee, hailing from horse and buggy territory.

He’s also pretty good at football.
8EBCB389-59DB-4850-BA46-75834FA7E2F9.jpegPN transfer with top 5 college schools listed

Last season, Pick North did LESS with MORE than any other school in central Ohio. There's too much talent and athleticism to be mediocre. They have a big-time QB who's a D-1 recruit and other highly recruited players all over the field. What is holding them back? Why do they consistently play down to the level of competition? Hopefully, this new kid will bring leadership and a winning attitude.

All this hate towards the Pick North coaching staff ... I am not from the area, just curious, why is Pick North ok with their football team being just ok? Is there any sense that the HC might be on the hot seat? From the outside looking in, seems like they should have a better record.

I heard that when North beat Central a couple years ago, that it saved his job.
Completely agree though, with the amount of talent they have their record should be much better.

Last season, Pick North did LESS with MORE than any other school in central Ohio. There's too much talent and athleticism to be mediocre. They have a big-time QB who's a D-1 recruit and other highly recruited players all over the field. What is holding them back? Why do they consistently play down to the level of competition? Hopefully, this new kid will bring leadership and a winning attitude.
Has to be coaching….

I heard that when North beat Central a couple years ago, that it saved his job.
Completely agree though, with the amount of talent they have their record should be much better.
He has coached his team well in some big games . The issue has been consistency and playing down to competition . Not enough intensity consistently and sloppy play ( attention to details) has led to some very avoidable losses to teams with less material than he has .

He has coached his team well in some big games . The issue has been consistency and playing down to competition . Not enough intensity consistently and sloppy play ( attention to details) has led to some very avoidable losses to teams with less material than he has .
"Some big games" might be oversell. I'd say one or two. How many games has his team been coached poorly?

Not a North or Central fan just seen North have more talent then maybe any other team in central Ohio and haven't seen a team underachieve like they have every year. Maybe not all coaching but it is a pattern. Load up with outside talent then have a mediocre outcome. John Cooper anyone?

"Some big games" might be oversell. I'd say one or two. How many games has his team been coached poorly?

Not a North or Central fan just seen North have more talent then maybe any other team in central Ohio and haven't seen a team underachieve like they have every year. Maybe not all coaching but it is a pattern. Load up with outside talent then have a mediocre outcome. John Cooper anyone?
How many games he has had his team firing on most cylinders is debatable of course but for some reason this school has attracted a lot of interest from kids outside the district . It’s a Good school academically no strong overall culture that kids might have trouble fitting into as a “ newcomer or outsider “. Coaching style isn’t aggressive , so kids obviously feel comfortable “. Joining “ for lack of a better term . I don’t think he’s a bad coach per se but it’s probably about time the program makes a final four. If not this year ? When ?

7-5 last year with 2 of the losses to Pick Central.
The last 2 years they lost in the playoffs to Central. Maybe it’s a mental block when they play PC not sure.
On paper they are “loaded” again for 2023.

D1 QB, TE, RB’s, WR’s and part of their oline but for whatever reason they can’t put it together and that’s why I say coaching UNLESS the locker room is a mess and the players don’t like each other?!?!?

not sure too much about the D this coming year.

Last edited:
I’m curious to see how the kid Sam Dixon will run in a higher D1 division. Playing against Elder first game, going against a Pick Central team who must be anxious to prove the culture hasn’t changed with a new HC, and a Gahanna squad looking to follow up on successful season. I’m surprised he would choose PN over PC but maybe PN is destined for greatness this season.

Folks love to hate on the PN coaching staff, but this might be the first year they have all stayed together since Hillerich took over. No one got a head job, or coordinator job somewhere else.
Compare that to central who was the picture of stability for 20 years. Makes a difference.

I don’t see much changing with Central. Just hope all those big lineman can move. They’ll maul you in a phone booth, but you make em move their feet, they struggled

Folks love to hate on the PN coaching staff, but this might be the first year they have all stayed together since Hillerich took over. No one got a head job, or coordinator job somewhere else.
Compare that to central who was the picture of stability for 20 years. Makes a difference.
I mean, I get it, but, isn’t most of the criticism literally coming from the Violet Township side of the district?

I don’t see much changing with Central. Just hope all those big lineman can move. They’ll maul you in a phone booth, but you make em move their feet, they struggled
I think with the sophomore Rocco Williams playing QB this offense will be more passing than what we have seen in the last couple years. I don’t think they change the offensive philosophy and become Air Attack but they will open it up more.

I think with the sophomore Rocco Williams playing QB this offense will be more passing than what we have seen in the last couple years. I don’t think they change the offensive philosophy and become Air Attack but they will open it up more.
I’m hearing great things about Rocco Williams looking forward to see if he can lead Central.

I love how every year about this time PN comes on here saying how great they are going to be. Last years “BUILDING A DYNASTY” post was hilarious. With all the recruiting they do each and ever year they have only beat PC 1 time in the past 11 years ( and that was because PC had a late fumble ). 6-4 is not a dynasty. What really cracks me up is how you describe PN as loaded this with a good amount of lineman? LOL. The only OL returning are Lahr (which he is not bad) and Annarino (who PN recruited away from PC). Unless PN recruited a bunch of massive OL they will be just line last year very average. DL has the Olentangy recruit coming back (McCullom ) who is a very good player. But the rest of the DL is gone to graduation. Unless there is some magical pipeline of lineman that have suddenly showed up since season end I don’t see how they can say they have a good amount of good lineman.

PC (on the other hand) goes through replacing great players each year. This year will be no exception. But the talent pool at PC is deep this year (much deeper than last year). And both sides of the ball will have big, strong, physical lineman. The difference this year is the players are not as experienced as the ones that graduated (Egan and Smith will be hard positions to replace). But mark my word the lineman are huge. Speed and depth will also be a huge part of PC’s team this year. Remember, Biles 3 years ago was a JV kid. No one knew who he was until his junior year. Right out of the gate everyone asked who he was. We knew all along…………he was a JV kid that came through the program.

The retirement of Coach Sharrett will be odd at first. But Lomanico has been with the program since the 90’s and is an outstanding coach. The entire coaching staff is back. So, there will be little change (if any) at PC this year.

Finally, 8-2 at worse is your prediction for PN? Well good luck with that. Elder will be a huge hurdle in “The Pit!” 0-1 to start the season could unravel PN early and quickly when that happen.
Add Schultz to that list of starting OL. Not to mention the TE that lines up in formation. DL has some strong kids that just need some game reps, PN lost both LB's and a S. Not sure what they'll do there. Not to mention the teams leading WR is at PC now.

In which big games has he coached them well? Asking for a friend...

In which big games has he coached them well? Asking for a friend...

So his teams have been poorly coached in every game under Coach Hill ? K. I guess he hasn’t won a few bigger games against teams that were good ? Again I stand corrected . He hasn’t coached well in any game

Last edited:
Beat PC and beat Coffman in 2019 when Coffman was better than them . I was at that game . ( although some Coffman stars sat out). Out coached Crabtree that night (. Crabby could have put the game on ice if he used Threats on
Offense but he didn’t )

I thought he had his team ready for the central rematch. Bad snap killed them. Best they’ve looked in awhile against central.
Also first time ever North has a tougher OOC?