AOC --- the gift that keeps on giving

wow. Stupid people aren't stupid because of the color of their skin - they're stupid because they are stupid.

As WBP pointed out, she is so stupid, she makes anyone look good.
I won't call her stupid, as it's not my style. All those who do, I have to wonder.... What qualifications (other than their own opinion of themselves) do they possess to be able to call someone else stupid? Aren't they making the dubious assumption that everyone must think that they have established the fact that they are smart? Why is she stupid, yet no Republicans are?
Just wondering.

I won't call her stupid, as it's not my style. All those who do, I have to wonder.... What qualifications (other than their own opinion of themselves) do they possess to be able to call someone else stupid? Aren't they making the dubious assumption that everyone must think that they have established the fact that they are smart? Why is she stupid, yet no Republicans are?
Just wondering.

I do not think she is stupid for a millennial bartender, probably just a little below average.
Now if I were to compare her to the average bartender/manager/ bar owner I can say honestly I have never met one that uninformed and unintelligent. Most bartenders seem to have a pretty good grasp and widely versed on many subjects. I would say the average bartender who I have had long conversations with is in the same intelligence category as the couple congressmen I have met and maybe higher.
Age and experience have much to do with this but you would hope our congress could do better than this...maybe the bar should not be set as high as the average bartender but she is not even close.

Did she say "the Millennials are more badass than the Greatest generation" no.

She certainly inferred Millennials are the greatest generation ever which de facto makes them better than the WW2 generation.
That quote alone should show everyone how bat crap crazy she is

I do not think she is stupid for a millennial bartender, probably just a little below average.
Now if I were to compare her to the average bartender/manager/ bar owner I can say honestly I have never met one that uninformed and unintelligent. Most bartenders seem to have a pretty good grasp and widely versed on many subjects. I would say the average bartender who I have had long conversations with is in the same intelligence category as the couple congressmen I have met and maybe higher.
Age and experience have much to do with this but you would hope our congress could do better than this...maybe the bar should not be set as high as the average bartender but she is not even close.
I certainly agree with you in many aspects about her. She won her seat in an extremely small geographical/demographical district in NYC. She has gotten a ton of media coverage (especially with RW media). Why? She's something new and says outrageous things. The media just eats this up.
However, in the Democratic Party as a whole, her influence is next to nothing as far as the rank and file are concerned. Personally, I don't pay a bit of attention to her rantings in front of the cameras.
The attention paid to her on here is only because many want to try to paint her as the face of the Democrats, even though her influence hasn't been reflected anywhere in the presidential race or with typical Democrats like me.

I certainly agree with you in many aspects about her. She won her seat in an extremely small geographical/demographical district in NYC. She has gotten a ton of media coverage (especially with RW media). Why? She's something new and says outrageous things. The media just eats this up.
However, in the Democratic Party as a whole, her influence is next to nothing as far as the rank and file are concerned. Personally, I don't pay a bit of attention to her rantings in front of the cameras.
The attention paid to her on here is only because many want to try to paint her as the face of the Democrats, even though her influence hasn't been reflected anywhere in the presidential race or with typical Democrats like me.
Agree with the republicans painting her as the face of the Dems...but why the heck are almost all the leading presidential candidates are parroting her insanity?

Agree with the republicans painting her as the face of the Dems...but why the heck are almost all the leading presidential candidates are parroting her insanity?
Because she is the face of the party.

It cracks me up these Dems try to downplay the influence of her and the rest of the squad while championing their stances.

They couldn't even sanction Omar for making anti semitic remarks.

I'd say that she has influenced the Presidential race a bit. How many Dem candidates openly endorsed her Green New Deal? She has definitely helped to steer the Dem platform to the left.
Centrist Dems like yourself and IB will need to decide if you can support a candidate that supports her ideals.

She is a side show. It is easy in today's typecast drive-by media to paint the Democrat Party as AOC. She is fringe.

Pretty good article about my Congresswoman that touches on this very subject (AOC).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/magazine/wp/2019/08/26/feature/the-quiet-endurance-of-marcy-kaptur/?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Kaptur has nothing against AOC, as she’s popularly known. (“She’s very energetic,” she says.) But about that strategy? Kaptur is skeptical. “It’s exciting to get elected and it’s exciting to get all this notoriety. But in the end, you have to turn your ideas into laws, and that takes a lot of work,” she says. “Maybe there’s another way. Maybe [the new members will] win the lottery, and they’ll be able to do whatever they want. But for people of ordinary means, the answer is to persevere and to immerse yourself in the subject matter of your district and how that relates to others in the country.”

Just wondering.

There are most assuredly stupid Republicans. The difference seems to be that stupid Republicans generally stay in the background and don't try to overshadow party leadership. Stupid Democrats are seemingly the leaders and faux leaders of the party. Justin Amash is an example of a stupid Republican. John McCain did a lot of stupid things. There were a lot of stupid Republicans that couldn't pull the trigger when they had the chance to really kill Obamscam, fix immigration, and fund the wall.

I really wonder how far the D's will go with their campaign running on TDS and fringe. Will the common everyday working people go for it?

I really wonder how far the D's will go with their campaign running on TDS and fringe. Will the common everyday working people go for it?

Considering that it still seems that they are unable to poll or make contact with actual working people, they once again won't know until they've lost.

Running on TDS seems to be a logical strategy given the president's historically bad polling numbers for this point in a reelection campaign.

The opposite side of the coin is that the numbers don't mean much until the challenger becomes readily apparent.

There isn't a real party option for anyone that's centrist/moderate or that identifies as a libertarian or some other mesh of liberal/conservative ideologies.

There isn't a real party option for anyone that's centrist/moderate or that identifies as a libertarian or some other mesh of liberal/conservative ideologies.

Trump used to be a democrat but since they changed and were bought off by the globalist the only way to the white house was through the republicans who also hated him. He is left of Kennedy and knows the only way to save our country from the globalist is to fight to the death.

Our nation will cease to exist if he fails...Open boarders with free healthcare will do it instantly and almost every dem says that is good???
Can you name one candidate who is not for this besides Biden. He is their favorite because he is most controllable and has serious mental issues just like the last brain dead puppet they tried to get in?

Unless his tune has changed in the last few months, Comrade Bernie is against open borders and has called the concept a "Koch brothers' proposal" to exploit cheap labor, and that open borders would make any expansion of free healthcare, etc. untenable as you'd have illegals flooding across and sucking up all the giveaways.

Out of the no shot long shots Andrew Yang has made it pretty clear that he doesn't believe you could have UBI or single-payer healthcare without having legit border security.

The majority of liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans in Washington are globalist/open border types, albeit usually for different reasons. The only difference is many Republican politicians have changed their tune a bit for the moment because it seems politically expedient to do so.

Trump used to be a democrat but since they changed and were bought off by the globalist the only way to the white house was through the republicans who also hated him. He is left of Kennedy and knows the only way to save our country from the globalist is to fight to the death.

Our nation will cease to exist if he fails...Open boarders with free healthcare will do it instantly and almost every dem says that is good???
Can you name one candidate who is not for this besides Biden. He is their favorite because he is most controllable and has serious mental issues just like the last brain dead puppet they tried to get in?
Good grief. Where to begin?

You are concerned with Biden's mental gaffes yet tout Trump? The man is all over the map.

Did I see someone "liked" all of this BS?:LOL:

Good grief. Where to begin?

You are concerned with Biden's mental gaffes yet tout Trump? The man is all over the map.

Did I see someone "liked" all of this BS?:LOL:

I like it a lot ?‍♂️

Is he a bit over the top ? Absolutely. It's called hyperbole.

Mr size 6 7/8 hat and 50 coat. ;)

There are most assuredly stupid Republicans. The difference seems to be that stupid Republicans generally stay in the background and don't try to overshadow party leadership. Stupid Democrats are seemingly the leaders and faux leaders of the party. Justin Amash is an example of a stupid Republican. John McCain did a lot of stupid things. There were a lot of stupid Republicans that couldn't pull the trigger when they had the chance to really kill Obamscam, fix immigration, and fund the wall.

I see your post and raise you Sarah Palin.

Speaking of sweet Sarah, I see Todd is cutting her loose.

I'm thinking about getting a haircut and moving to Wasilla.

I see your post and raise you Sarah Palin.
? talk about entertaining reality TV show. All one has to do is follow the Palin family news briefs for a good laugh. The sad thing is, politically, she has some good things to say, but her personal life and family have been a real ch!! show. I love how recently her husband seems to have filed for divorce using only initials for peoples' names but all of the dates fit the Palin family exactly, wedding date, birth dates, etc. The Palin's are like there is one in every family and for the Republican Party they are it. :ROFLMAO:

welp, I'm afraid that our cute-but-controversial little cucaracha is prolly gonna be a one-hit wonder in Congress.....

Maybe CNN will hire her ?

......As a well-known New York Democrat who is unconcerned about jeopardizing a future career in national politics, (Fernando) Cabrera is the most serious primary challenger to enter the race......

“The ‘o’ in Ocasio stands for ‘zero,’” he says impatiently. “She has brought home zero money, she’s advanced zero bills.” His frustration is obvious. Cabrera explains that he had no intention of running for the congressional seat. “I would’ve retired,” he says, but then he saw how Ocasio-Cortez derailed Amazon’s plan to bring its headquarters, and 25,000 jobs, to Queens. .....This infuriated Cabrera, who was in talks (as a councilman) with city educators to develop special technical high schools that would train students for jobs exactly like those Amazon would have offered.

Cabrera is convinced his traditional values better reflect the district and will win out over AOC’s particular brand of social-media-friendly progressivism. “It’s a moderate to conservative district,” Cabrera says. “I’m a match, I’m a perfect fit, I’m a reflection the people.”

Cabrera is under no illusions about the uphill battle he’s facing. He recognizes that the country’s young progressives, spurred on by sympathetic and monolithic national media, have rallied around Ocasio-Cortez as the epitome of authenticity. After all, she livestreams herself making mac and cheese. Cabrera’s campaign rests on his belief that New Yorkers have a finely tuned nose for the real thing and they’ve realized Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t qualify.

“In this district we’re not impressed with any type of celebrity status,” he says. “We want elected officials who are able to produce results and she has utterly failed.” We’ll find out, on June 23, 2020, whether his faith in New Yorkers is justified.

I think she'll realize full time TV celeb status the next Primary.