Alter vs Clinton Massie

Massie is just too one dimensional. When they fail behind 21-0 at the half the game was for all intent and purpose over. You don’t come back from 21 points down gaining 3,4 yards at a time and eating up 8 minutes. Alter was the better team which is what I thought going in. Alter wins over Wyoming by 10 next week.

I suspect Clinton Massie wasn't that good this year. Kind of an ugly win for Alter.

And that game WAS NOT the region 16 final.
So, now Massie wasn’t that good? Come on, man. And that was far from an ugly win. Alter was in total control the whole game. If it wasn’t for a fumble on the Massie 30, Alter was about to go up 28-0. Total domination and Massie should be happy the final score was only 21-3.

Massie is just too one dimensional. When they fail behind 21-0 at the half the game was for all intent and purpose over. You don’t come back from 21 points down gaining 3,4 yards at a time and eating up 8 minutes. Alter was the better team which is what I thought going in. Alter wins over Wyoming by 10 next week.
Improved bit by bit through the season. It's maybe one of the better coaching jobs by the staff since they back to backed. Loosened up the playbook some and it showed in this game. Think the Knights are m/l a year ahead of schedule. Coed could be real interesting next regular season. Nice to be surprised on the upside... Tough way to go out for CM faithful.

Windy
Drew Pastuer has Alter as a 20+ favorite.
Alter Dominated the game vs Massie from the start.

Alter by 3 TDs

Alter dominated and deserved the win. They are a tough out for anyone. But lets not discredit Massie by saying they aren't that good. They were missing there top 2 rushers and still hung around for a bit. If they could've converted that drive at the end of the first half they may have had a chance. But Alter defense stepped up and got the big stops when they needed them. It could've been worse. Go Alter. Represent SW Ohio.

So, now Massie wasn’t that good? Come on, man. And that was far from an ugly win. Alter was in total control the whole game. If it wasn’t for a fumble on the Massie 30, Alter was about to go up 28-0. Total domination and Massie should be happy the final score was only 21-3.

Did Massie look like a good team to you?

Alter benefits from a fumble deep inside Massie's territory and they may have fumbled one of their own that was not called. They got a comical 66-yard TD run, which was good on their part but Massie looked like a pee-wee team on that play. Massie moved the ball pretty well up and down the field virtually all game and almost made it 21-7 at the half. Alter gives up some terrible-looking Massie passes - this from a team that cannot throw the ball. Alter can't do anything on offense in the second half. And, Alter botches an onside kick that comes right back to the kicker! If Massie could have even remotely, competently thrown the ball, the game's outcome likely would have been different.

Massie was not a good team, and a really good Alter team would have hung 42 (or more) on them, not 21.

ps, Alter's center often disrupts a play's timing by snapping the ball high.

I think Alter came out with intensity in the first half and dominated. May have mentality relaxed somewhat in 2nd half. They were not as aggressive offensively also in 2nd half. CM ran their version of hurry-up end of 1st half. I was surprised in the 2nd half by what seemed to me as a lack of urgency down 21 points. Field goal decision was interesting since they still needed 3 scores. They seemed to take most of the play clock to run a play, getting 1 play every 30 to 45 seconds, chewing up the clock. You don't go 12-0 without being a very good or great team. Alter defense has only given up 9 points in playoffs to date. Defense has made great strides. Offense in not as one dimensional as many people think. Looking forward to next week. Would not be surprised if back at Monroe.

I think Alter came out with intensity in the first half and dominated. May have mentality relaxed somewhat in 2nd half. They were not as aggressive offensively also in 2nd half. CM ran their version of hurry-up end of 1st half. I was surprised in the 2nd half by what seemed to me as a lack of urgency down 21 points. Field goal decision was interesting since they still needed 3 scores. They seemed to take most of the play clock to run a play, getting 1 play every 30 to 45 seconds, chewing up the clock. You don't go 12-0 without being a very good or great team. Alter defense has only given up 9 points in playoffs to date. Defense has made great strides. Offense in not as one dimensional as many people think. Looking forward to next week. Would not be surprised if back at Monroe.
Yes, didn’t understand the FG in that situation….unless they were more concerned about being shutout. When did that last happen to CM?
Alter defense was lean and aggressive. From my perspective from the line to the safety all the kids had the same body type. They may struggle with a good passing team however. I’m not sure if that’s Wyomings strength?

Alter benefits from a fumble deep inside Massie's territory and they may have fumbled one of their own that was not called. They got a comical 66-yard TD run, which was good on their part but Massie looked like a pee-wee team on that play. Massie moved the ball pretty well up and down the field virtually all game and almost made it 21-7 at the half. Alter gives up some terrible-looking Massie passes - this from a team that cannot throw the ball. Alter can't do anything on offense in the second half. And, Alter botches an onside kick that comes right back to the kicker! If Massie could have even remotely, competently thrown the ball, the game's outcome likely would have been different.

Massie was not a good team, and a really good Alter team would have hung 42 (or more) on them, not 21.

I have a slight suspicion you dont like Alter huh...?

Everyone sure thought Massie was good before last night.

Man I have no dog in this fight but it seems like you're not trying to give credit to Alter at all. All I'm hearing is if we could have did this if we could have did that you couldn't do that because obviously they must have been playing great just give credit to that team and just move on

Congrats to Alter on the win they were definitely the better team last Friday.

Knowing CM was down 4 starters going in, a lot of the fans knew they was gonna have to catch a couple breaks to get by this game. Then the fumble on the CM opening drive really sent all the momentum to Alter and really they never looked back or was it ever in question. No disrespect to the CM boys, they still fought hard and never gave up.

Talking about the future and no excuses being made (no question Alter was the better team). The next couple seasons are gonna be fun to watch. CM is really young with 8 sophomores starting all season on this 12-1 team and Alter looks to be Junior heavy and are favored big in the regional final. Anyone who knows, knows, the GCL is always a tough out, along with Wyoming. Hopefully all these teams stay d4 again next year.
I like CM and thought they did well, just out sized, muscled and speeded in the end. It is dang hard to play from behind with their style of offense. Hats off to Alter to adjusting to the 21st Century and having embraced the passing concept, not great, but decent. IMO, neither Alter or Massie will get by the semis, this year or near future, unless they take a soul searching mission into a multi phase offensive structure. Those top dogs in DIV are more balanced in their offensive and can match TD for TD plus in the end.

Now, Alter will probably beat Wyoming and many will think I am full of BS but take a long hard look at the other top three or four teams in the other three regions and my point is made.

Finally, for all you Alter fans, hate me as I don't give a rats arse. Standing in the in the concession line for a two for one Chick-fil-al and listening to your woofing about how great you are. Enjoy next week, the eye of the storm is quickly approaching.

Both teams have proven that they can win with their respective offenses and defenses as much as you despise them. CM has the most recent title wins but both have won multiple state titles running those long lost offenses vs the new wave. I have been watching CM since the mcsurley era began. I didn’t believe in it either for the longest time. But they proved me wrong and I can admit it. You may find yourself admitting you’re wrong too over the next several decembers as both teams have very bright futures.

Finally, for all you Alter fans, hate me as I don't give a rats arse. Standing in the in the concession line for a two for one Chick-fil-al and listening to your woofing about how great you are. Enjoy next week, the eye of the storm is quickly approaching.

Now I know you know this, but it isn't all Alter fans. I am very often very critical of their weekly performances, especially when I read glowing comments from all the Alter homers.

Why are Massie people still posting? We all understand the countless unfair reasons you guys lost. Come watch the game on Friday night, and afterwards talk about how you would have beaten either team.

Why are Massie people still posting?
Because they can and by being a message board and signed up to post, they are allowed..... It is the endearing nature of this post that makes Alter a local favorite. I would give my third nut to see Alter play Glenville and see the posts that come from Knightland after that game.

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Why are Massie people still posting? We all understand the countless unfair reasons you guys lost. Come watch the game on Friday night, and afterwards talk about how you would have beaten either team.

Valley Girl Hair Flip GIF by Freedomists

That’s the essence of Massie. We will attempt to do one thing better than anyone else. Most years that one thing gets us pretty darn far in the grand scheme of things. I’ll take 2-3 wins every postseason knowing when the stars align, state championship is within reach