Alter vs Clinton Massie

Birdfan

Looks like week 13 has a good one lined up! Should be a great game any idea where this on might be played?

Any predictions? This should be the "game" of the year in R16.

But then either could lose to Shawnee the next week.... so much for the "game" of the year in R16.

Massie to me is an enigma. Right when they look absolutely unstoppable and unbeatable, they have a game that brings them back to being “very beatable”. Are they throwing the ball any more than usual ?

I watched both teams...on replay.

First, I love the cats calling the games for both schools, though I have to give the edge to the Massie press box crew. I never knew southern Ohio could sound like West Texas but it was a great called game and takes me back to driving through TX on a fall evening. I actually listened to both games before watching the films and again, great job by the respective teams announcers they were the eyes to the game. I'd love to sip some bourbon and talk football with the Massie crew, lol

Second, both teams bring a lot to the table but neither may be the best team in Region 16. Both are established in what they do and this game could be over by 8:45. Neither team's secondary impressed me much and that will be the down fall of both in the out weeks if they make it beyond this region. Both have stout rush defenses and solid physical offensive lines with good running backs. Both substitute a lot on both sides of the ball, both rosters are big with a lot of plug ins. However, Massie appears to have the better athletes and faster all around. Not bashing Alter as in their own right have a quality, athletic, group of skilled kids but Massie seems to be better overall in defense and offense, while special teams is a push. I am by far not an expert and usually proven wrong many, many times on this site with my predications and comparisons but...

I will have to go with Massie in this tough game. I am thinking this game would be best served in Bellbrook which is quality venue for quality game as this should be.

I watched both teams...on replay.

First, I love the cats calling the games for both schools, though I have to give the edge to the Massie press box crew. I never knew southern Ohio could sound like West Texas but it was a great called game and takes me back to driving through TX on a fall evening. I actually listened to both games before watching the films and again, great job by the respective teams announcers they were the eyes to the game. I'd love to sip some bourbon and talk football with the Massie crew, lol

Second, both teams bring a lot to the table but neither may be the best team in Region 16. Both are established in what they do and this game could be over by 8:45. Neither team's secondary impressed me much and that will be the down fall of both in the out weeks if they make it beyond this region. Both have stout rush defenses and solid physical offensive lines with good running backs. Both substitute a lot on both sides of the ball, both rosters are big with a lot of plug ins. However, Massie appears to have the better athletes and faster all around. Not bashing Alter as in their own right have a quality, athletic, group of skilled kids but Massie seems to be better overall in defense and offense, while special teams is a push. I am by far not an expert and usually proven wrong many, many times on this site with my predications and comparisons but...

I will have to go with Massie in this tough game. I am thinking this game would be best served in Bellbrook which is quality venue for quality game as this should be.
Agree on the Massie crew. I was at the game but viewed the replay yesterday. I was thinking I was listening to a game in Alabama but Texas fits the bill as well. Overall they did a nice job, obviously slanted towards CM but that’s expected. I’ve listened to games where the crew was so obviously homers it was painful.

I haven’t seen Alter play but as a former McNick dad I have a lot of respect for their system and what they do. Their football program in particular has been a tough nut for McNick to crack. I’ll go with Alter by a TD.

Agree on the Massie crew. I was at the game but viewed the replay yesterday. I was thinking I was listening to a game in Alabama but Texas fits the bill as well. Overall they did a nice job, obviously slanted towards CM but that’s expected. I’ve listened to games where the crew was so obviously homers it was painful.

I haven’t seen Alter play but as a former McNick dad I have a lot of respect for their system and what they do. Their football program in particular has been a tough nut for McNick to crack. I’ll go with Alter by a TD.
LOL, with the Massie crew...heck yeah, be homers, that's what they should be but they do a great job, better than most of building up the other team while maintaining that homefield advantage, per se. If there were a sequel to Varsity Blues, these cats have my vote for announcers. Those cats are tops.

The Indian Hill and Alter game is online. It is a good game and though Alter ran away with it, there were moments that IH gave a fight. IH started on the wrong side by throwing an INT on their first play and Alter scored on their first play. I try to look my into the game more than just the score. Alter was by far the better team this past week but IMO, they have some issues and Massie may be able to handle them.

Again, it should be a good game and I hope to get to it, depending on location.

LOL, with the Massie crew...heck yeah, be homers, that's what they should be but they do a great job, better than most of building up the other team while maintaining that homefield advantage, per se. If there were a sequel to Varsity Blues, these cats have my vote for announcers. Those cats are tops.

The Indian Hill and Alter game is online. It is a good game and though Alter ran away with it, there were moments that IH gave a fight. IH started on the wrong side by throwing an INT on their first play and Alter scored on their first play. I try to look my into the game more than just the score. Alter was by far the better team this past week but IMO, they have some issues and Massie may be able to handle them.

Again, it should be a good game and I hope to get to it, depending on location.
Do they have any common opponents

McNick. Alter beat them 28-7. Massie beat them by 1. To be fair the Alter- McNick game was closer then the score indicates.
Sounds like this game is a true tossup. Two coaching legends going at it. Nothing fancy or tricky with these guys. I’m sure they know exactly what each other does and we have to wait and see who does their thing better.

For 3 quarters. Rockets wore down and the earlier probes by Alter got exploited.
I didn’t see the game. I was listening on and off online. Alter announcers said as much…I think it was 7-7 in the third quarter. Alter has had McNicks number for years.

According to another thread the Alter/ Massie game at Monroe.

Last edited:
Hey I will put in plug for the Alter broadcasters they do an excellent job and are not annoying homers. Will have to catch the Massie crew after reading this thread. If Alter stays away from turnovers I think they have great chance in this game. It is going to be close and as is with most games the battle will be won at the line of scrimmage. Alter O-line can be inconsistent, they have gotten better late in the season. I will take Alter 17-14

Last edited:
The massie crew sounded pretty cool. Waay better than the goof balls they had last year. Had to turn the sound off they were so bad.

That is a pretty dumb statement. Call it what you want but losing nearly 3 out of every 4 times played is pretty poor odds.
Is it? Statisticians get it, it was a JOKE!!! Kind of a statistics thing and not doubting your ability to understand numerators and denominators on a calculator...I can do math all damn day long and even the stuff that has no numbers.