Akron Butchel vs Trotwood Madison

Trotwood-Madison by 15-20. Buchtel is young and doesn’t have the experience that Trotwood has at this stage. Trotwood has been to the final four the past 2 years, so their players have been here before.

Trotwood/Buchtel

I am a Trotwood guy, and I think they will win the game. But saying 15 to 20 points in any State Semi Final is a little much to me. The Livingston kid is unbelievable. Now so is Amari Davis for Trotwood. Should be a great game.

This group for the rams deserve a championship. They have been close, it is there time.

I think they win by double digits. I have seen them play 7 times this year. I am amazed at the consistent energy of play this group has brought for 3 years now.

Bring another one back to the Miami Valley Rams!

I can't see anyone beating the Rams this year. Too much talent and experience at the state level, and perhaps more importantly, no St. V's in D2.

This Livingston kid may be a prodigy, but Amari Davis is about as good as any high school player in Ohio right now. I expect him to steal the show in D2 this week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Three trips to the final four all five starters with big game experience on the biggest stage high school has to offer. And they have the one of the best coaches in the state. We cannot guarantee a Title but by God if there is a program that deserves one it is the Rams and the city of Trotwood in Basketball. They have paid their dues. All Hail Might Ram Nation

Don’t dislike Trottwood , but the running up the score has many not rooting for them. As for the coach ? How good would he be if he coached a bunch of country bumpkins instead of an all star team ?

1 time, the coach is a great coach, period. On running up the score, was his starters in? I have no clue, just asking.

Don’t dislike Trottwood , but the running up the score has many not rooting for them. As for the coach ? How good would he be if he coached a bunch of country bumpkins instead of an all star team ?

I'm not a fan of running it up, but I don't particularly have an issue with them blasting league teams that didn't invite them when breaking away from the GWOC and forming a new league.

Rocky's been there and done that. He did a nice job in his time at Greeneview, winning multiple league titles. They seem to have been very up and down since he's been gone. As far as all-stars, I'm not sure what your point is since all the major names have come through their pipeline. I know I definitely have some old junior high scorebooks to testify to that. They're probably about as "home grown" as anybody in D1 or D2 at state.

I'm not a fan of running it up, but I don't particularly have an issue with them blasting league teams that didn't invite them when breaking away from the GWOC and forming a new league.

Rocky's been there and done that. He did a nice job in his time at Greeneview, winning multiple league titles. They seem to have been very up and down since he's been gone. As far as all-stars, I'm not sure what your point is since all the major names have come through their pipeline. I know I definitely have some old junior high scorebooks to testify to that. They're probably about as "home grown" as anybody in D1 or D2 at state.

Thank you NMW! :thumb: And I wonder how good a country bumpkin coach would be with a team full of talent? :shrug: Also, I don't think they run up the score, they have a system with rules that every player from 7th grade team through the varsity team has to commit to. It's no different than a Moeller or St. Ed's or even a Centerville or programs of that ilk. Ideally, isn't that what "programs" are about?

Thank you NMW! :thumb: And I wonder how good a country bumpkin coach would be with a team full of talent? :shrug: Also, I don't think they run up the score, they have a system with rules that every player from 7th grade team through the varsity team has to commit to. It's no different than a Moeller or St. Ed's or even a Centerville or programs of that ilk. Ideally, isn't that what "programs" are about?

This is what I see from them. Its very hard to teach kids to turn the switch off. If 8-12 on the chart check in, they owe to their team, fans, school to have the switch on. And when your identity is pressure defense, those kids work every day to play the way their coached.

You cant tell 8-12 on the roster to go out and play zone, or let the other team score. (Maybe a soft man or zone under two minutes, but thats it.) Your part of the program, play to it.

The second string wants to play and if the starters aren't in they're not running up the score. I agree with a previous post about most if not all are home grown. Why so much hate for Trotwood baffles the mind and you think "WHY". Go Trotwood and do the school, The fans, The City proud with a "STATE CHAMPIONSHIP".

He was the coach at Greenview. Took them to the state championship, Lost to Lebron James his freshmen year. Not exactly country bumpkins but close. Dude can coach. Flat out.

4 of the 5 starters all attended Trotwood Middle School. The 5th starter Matthews came to Twood as a Freshmen and has been there all 4 years. Your right, they are an all star team.....An All Star team of Trotwood kids! Those kids play hard as hell and the system the coach runs fits right up their alley. I went and watched the MS a couple of times this year and they play the same way, Relentless. He is putting it in the Bball DNA, play hard or sit!

Vs. Northridge the starters were done midway through quarter 3 and there were 4 Freshmen and 1 sophomore mopping up and they were playing hard as hell too... How do you ask kids to stop playing hard? Good Luck Ram Nation! You Deserve it!

This is what I see from them. Its very hard to teach kids to turn the switch off. If 8-12 on the chart check in, they owe to their team, fans, school to have the switch on. And when your identity is pressure defense, those kids work every day to play the way their coached.

You cant tell 8-12 on the roster to go out and play zone, or let the other team score. (Maybe a soft man or zone under two minutes, but thats it.) Your part of the program, play to it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Yak, it's not fair to the other players.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I’ve watched a lot of basketball in my life. I haven’t seen Trotwood this year, but I have seen Buchtel. Any team is going to have to be and play VERY good to knock out Buchtel this year.

Last edited:
Pressing up 40 in 4th quarter is Completely bush league. They are outstanding but few are rooting for the Running up Rams.

I can’t believe there are people on here trying to suggest that this team did not run the score up on weaker teams. Of course they did. They ran the score up worse than any team in the history of Dayton high school basketball. System or style of play?? Nonsense. There is no excuse for what they did, and the coach is to blame.

I can’t believe there are people on here trying to suggest that this team did not run the score up on weaker teams. Of course they did. They ran the score up worse than any team in the history of Dayton high school basketball. System or style of play?? Nonsense. There is no excuse for what they did, and the coach is to blame.
Of course there’s a good excuse. The other schools in their league played turncoat and formed a new one with them not included. The way it was handled was bush and underhanded. So yeah, Trotwood is completely justified in playing how they play. If you don’t like it, tell the kids to get better so it doesn’t happen.

Of course there’s a good excuse. The other schools in their league played turncoat and formed a new one with them not included. The way it was handled was bush and underhanded. So yeah, Trotwood is completely justified in playing how they play. If you don’t like it, tell the kids to get better so it doesn’t happen.

High school sports first and foremost is supposed to be about the kids. This is about a coaching ego wanting to score the most points in the history of high school basketball. If Trotwood had fielded teams in all sports they would have a complaint. Why would Trotwood want to be in a weak League that offered no challenge in football and basketball anyway?

Quit your crying this is what's wrong with society nowadays.. everybody gets a trophy!!! If you step on the field or court of competition then you're no different than the starters or best players that just got ran off the court. Is this what we come to, then why do we keep score?! If this is the case when a team is getting beat by 30 plus points then run the clock or turn the scoreboard off sheesh. Rocky has nothing to prove to anyone 4 of 6 years to the State Final 4 says enough. And as far as those cowards that left the GWOC, well that's another subject. I will take my ball and go home well bye. Carry on Carry on

I frankly don't have much of a problem with it considering that almost all of the schools they've done this to this year are the schools that cut and ran on them, leaving them effectively league-less as they weren't going to stick with the bigger schools that are 2-3x their size.

People complain that they're bad, don't field teams, etc. in a lot of non-revenue sports, and it's true. However, anyone with a pulse knows that move was made so that other people could call themselves "league champs" in basketball and football.

And?

Pressing up 40 in 4th quarter is Completely bush league. They are outstanding but few are rooting for the Running up Rams.

Trotwood is rooting for the "run it up Rams", and that's all we need. These kids are battle-tested and skilled, and they've been on a mission since last year. Now as far as running it up on inferior teams? Trotwood's style of play is constant pressure. That pressure means EVERYBODY gets it, so when we're playing in March we're not getting tired. We're used to running up and down the court and wearing teams out. If you don't like it, tell your GWOC buddies to get in better shape.

Anyhow, without St. V's I think that Trotwood would be going for the 3-peat this year. Last year, Walther's pressure handling IMO was entirely why St. V's beat them.

The only team to hold Trotwood under 80 this year is Centerville (75). Buchtel had better be ready for a track meet.