Akron Butchel vs Trotwood Madison

I think he could've taken his starters out a little sooner in my book but I think 100 was a goal. Akron had their starters until the end. I would've got my 2nd string in with a little more time on the clock.

Zezzo!

I think he could've taken his starters out a little sooner in my book but I think 100 was a goal. Akron had their starters until the end. I would've got my 2nd string in with a little more time on the clock.

Maybe it’s a good thing you aren’t coaching this weekend. :shrug:

hubman

Dont underestimate the loss of Jonathan King, he was their heart and soul! There isnt another Jonathan King on that team as it stands today.

I agree Livingston got the ink but Jonathan King was the heart and soul of this years team. He will truly be missed. That being said 8 out of the top 10 players on this years team were 9th and 10th graders which is a nice problem to have, and who truly knows the affects of this years run on the minds of the neighborhood kids that may have thought STV was the only game in town. The Buchtel neighborhood is arguably home to the best Div 2 athletes in the state in three different sports (Tre Tucker Track 100 meter and LJ State Champ as a Junior. Jordan & Jacob Decatur Wrestling 3x State Champs, Most Outstanding Wrestler of the State tournament (Jordan) and on their way to Ohio State next year, Chris Livingston Basketball, I know after the game I saw Thursday Amari Davis has something to say about that, but you get the idea) So it is important to keep as many of those Buchtel neighborhood kids at home as possible, and this run can only help that.

Last edited:

hubman

A number of factors in my mind. Their first time there, their regular season league schedule did nothing to prepare them, TM is that good. Should also add Many of the Griffs are underclassmen, 14,15,16 year olds.
I agree with all of these except for the schedule part. They lost 7 regular season games, that tells me they were more than challenged during the season. I think your other factors are spot on.

SeeYaSometime

I agree with all of these except for the schedule part. They lost 7 regular season games, that tells me they were more than challenged during the season. I think your other factors are spot on.
I agree about their OOC schedule. I believe I said their “league schedule”, referring to the City Series League.

I agree about their OOC schedule. I believe I said their “league schedule”, referring to the City Series League.
Really doesnt matter when you play 11 non league games plus Ellet 2x a year. East and Firestone are okay. You can make your nonleague as tough as you want and only have 4 cupcake games on schedule.

Maybe it’s a good thing you aren’t coaching this weekend. :shrug:
I wish you were a second stringer back in the day or had a son on the second string and wanted to see him play. They had the game wrapped up with 2 minutes left easy. The second string wants to play also and see what they can do. If the score was under 15 I might be reluctant but they were up 25.