2023 TRC football

1694222537138.png

Setting up this year to be a showdown in week 10 against riverside and MU for the title I think.

i don’t know what’s up with Riverside. they go from beating Northeastern to barely beating Bethel? mind you Northeastern absolutely took it to Bethel.

Week 5 already? 😳
Milton @ Troy Christian
Lehman @ Miami East
Covington @ Bethel
Northridge @ Riverside

My picks:
Milton over TC 28-21
Miami East over Lehman 42-32
Bethel over Covington 55-0
Riverside over Northridge 33-21

Milton @ Troy Christian
Lehman @ Miami East
Covington @ Bethel
Northridge @ Riverside

I think Milton Union continues to build momentum with a big win this week over Troy Christian. Miami East and Lehman has the potential to be a competitive game, but I also expect the Vikings to prevail. Bethel has a chance to get it's first win of the season. I feel like it's said often anymore, but it's hard to believe how far Covington has fallen and how fast. Riverside should get the win over Northridge, but the Polar Bears have the potential to make that game interesting.

Milton over TC 42-7: Milton continues to get better and has an easy victory over TC.

Miami East over Lehman 34-21: Lehman's QB is the whole team so if ME can contain him they should come out on top. ME strength is their defense so it should be a great game.

Bethel over Covington 28-7: Bethel gets their first win.

Riverside over Northridge 34-14: Northridge has potential to keep it close but I think Riverside will run away with the game.

Milton names the score.
Bethel names the score.
Riverside wins comfortably by two or three scores.
Lehman just to buck the trend.

I feel like we say this every year, but why isn't Bethel taking a step forward? It's a district that has been growing consistently. I guess I keep expecting them to start making leaps forward on the football field but it's not happening.

I feel like we say this every year, but why isn't Bethel taking a step forward? It's a district that has been growing consistently. I guess I keep expecting them to start making leaps forward on the football field but it's not happening.
I think they are. They were missing a few key players to start the season and played a good Riverside team close last week. But to your point, they are a pretty big school district and are playing below their size. Changing a culture takes time though, could be on the come up.

I think they are. They were missing a few key players to start the season and played a good Riverside team close last week. But to your point, they are a pretty big school district and are playing below their size. Changing a culture takes time though, could be on the come up.
Definitely played Riverside well. They're hitting their stretch of the season where you would like to see them get some wins. Covington, Lehman Catholic, Northridge, and TC are four teams I would expect them to compete with.

Is there any answers from Covington on how they are on their 3rd losing season. Before 2021 they weren’t below .500 since 1994. The had a stretch from 89-91 they went 1-9. I just can’t believe a program that made 19 of 21 playoffs from 2000-2021, Can hardly win a game. That was their community sport. The current HC and the school cause it takes players also have won 3 games in the last 3 years 1 against Bethel and 2 against A JV Bradford team last year. I understand no one can be happy but what are the answers it can’t all be the coach?

Definitely played Riverside well. They're hitting their stretch of the season where you would like to see them get some wins. Covington, Lehman Catholic, Northridge, and TC are four teams I would expect them to compete with.
Covington and TC I see as easy wins. Ridge and Lehman should be good games

Covington is suffering from the same thing a lot of schools are suffering from, lazy kids and scared parents. It just shows up at smaller schools faster.

Is there any answers from Covington on how they are on their 3rd losing season. Before 2021 they weren’t below .500 since 1994. The had a stretch from 89-91 they went 1-9. I just can’t believe a program that made 19 of 21 playoffs from 2000-2021, Can hardly win a game. That was their community sport. The current HC and the school cause it takes players also have won 3 games in the last 3 years 1 against Bethel and 2 against A JV Bradford team last year. I understand no one can be happy but what are the answers it can’t all be the coach?

Their pee wee program remains competitive. They are always well coached and spectators seem well behaved. I'm sure in time they will be back. How long, who knows?

Where has dograt been lately? Milton should win Friday but it won’t be a blow out. I say 28-7 or 35-14. Troy Christian seems to play Milton well. It’s going to come down to Milton playing up to par in the second half. They seem to run out of gas quickly or lose focus after halftime. They aren’t the first team at Milton to play Ironman ball. I’d like to see a full, up to par game from these boys. Troy Christian isn’t a pushover. Could be a close game. Lehman was a good come back for the Dogs. Keep building.

Where has dograt been lately? Milton should win Friday but it won’t be a blow out. I say 28-7 or 35-14. Troy Christian seems to play Milton well. It’s going to come down to Milton playing up to par in the second half. They seem to run out of gas quickly or lose focus after halftime. They aren’t the first team at Milton to play Ironman ball. I’d like to see a full, up to par game from these boys. Troy Christian isn’t a pushover. Could be a close game. Lehman was a good come back for the Dogs. Keep building.
If I was Fanduel I’d have Milton at -34.5

The primary difference is going from playing in the CCC to playing in the TRC. That's not all of it to be sure, but this years Covington would probably be 4-6 or better in the old CCC. They will struggle to win a game in the TRC.

The primary difference is going from playing in the CCC to playing in the TRC. That's not all of it to be sure, but this years Covington would probably be 4-6 or better in the old CCC. They will struggle to win a game in the TRC.
I think its more that Covington just doesn't have the players both in numbers and talent right now. I don't think its the leagues. Before this downturn of the last few years, IMO Covington would have won the league or been in top 2 in what is now the TRC in most years. MU would have been their main threat. These past 2 years, Covington wins maybe 2-3 games in the WOAC.

I think its more that Covington just doesn't have the players both in numbers and talent right now. I don't think its the leagues. Before this downturn of the last few years, IMO Covington would have won the league or been in top 2 in what is now the TRC in most years. MU would have been their main threat. These past 2 years, Covington wins maybe 2-3 games in the WOAC.
The TRC is a very weak league.

Agree with Roaderfan you go back most years they run this league if not them and Milton battle it out. What 4 WOAC teams are they beating? Arcanum beat MV 6-0 beat them 27-7. Dixie beat MV 35-28 I don’t see a path they could win 4 games this year. Maybe 2. Worst Covington team I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Agree with Roaderfan you go back most years they run this league if not them and Milton battle it out. What 4 WOAC teams are they beating? Arcanum beat MV 6-0 beat them 27-7. Dixie beat MV 35-28 I don’t see a path they could win 4 games this year. Maybe 2. Worst Covington team I’ve seen in my lifetime.
Covington would not get 4 wins in the WOAC with this team.

My thinking is they would have different players if they had stayed in the WOAC. The year before they entered the TRC I sat by a Covington mom at a basketball game. She told me there were several boys who were not going to play football because of the tougher conference they percieved the TRC to be relative to the ood CCC. So let's just say perhaps 10 boys would have played before, but are now playing golf or running cross country. With an extra 10 athletes they may defeat say Mississinawa, National Trail and one more league opponent. Win one of the OOC games and you get a 4-6 record. Not going to get that with this team I agree, but if they were back in the CCC think they might.

Covington would not get 4 wins in the WOAC with this team.

My thinking is they would have different players if they had stayed in the WOAC. The year before they entered the TRC I sat by a Covington mom at a basketball game. She told me there were several boys who were not going to play football because of the tougher conference they percieved the TRC to be relative to the ood CCC. So let's just say perhaps 10 boys would have played before, but are now playing golf or running cross country. With an extra 10 athletes they may defeat say Mississinawa, National Trail and one more league opponent. Win one of the OOC games and you get a 4-6 record. Not going to get that with this team I agree, but if they were back in the CCC think they might.
That’s honestly kinda strange considering Covington turned down a WOAC invite to join the TRC. My guess is it was just perfect timing with joining the new league and talent plus numbers dropping I’m sure they will get it back going next year or year after.