2023 TRC football

That’s honestly kinda strange considering Covington turned down a WOAC invite to join the TRC. My guess is it was just perfect timing with joining the new league and talent plus numbers dropping I’m sure they will get it back going next year or year after.
I agree, I thought the position was a bit odd, and certainly since then we have seen the TRC is not very different from the CCC, it seems even more odd now. They will be back I'm sure, and when they are, I can start to root against them again.

i don’t blame Covington for joining this league. they now play a schedule full of county games. it may seem like awhile ago, but Covington was pretty darn good when this move was announced.. just unfortunate how thing played out.

My opinion on the dominant Covington teams, they would be in the Top 2 of the TRC year in, and year out. The one team that could challenge them on their good seasons would be Milton Union. But Covington had some really talented teams during their prime, despite playing in a league that was often viewed as weaker. During several of those seasons, Miami East field very quality football teams.

Milton has had quite a few good teams in that time and scrimmage Covington every year during that time. It was pretty even. Covington was horrible before joining the CCC when they were in the SRC with Milton.

Riverside remains in the drivers seat after an easy win over Northridge. Milton, East and Lehman are challengers. Bethel gets a win over Covington.
Big game this week with East visiting Milton.

Riverside 4-1/2-0
Milton Union 3-2/2-0
Lehman 3-2/1-1
Miami East 3-2/1-1
TC 2-3/1-1
Bethel 1-4/1-1
Northridge 1-4/0-2
Covington 0-5/0-2

Last edited:
I thought the Pirates looked good last night. Definitely the best they’ve played all year. Their passing game was impressive. Hopeful they can keep it rolling.
Not saying it wasn’t, but it was Northridge. Their loss to Ansonia was impressive. They gave that team all they had. Very impressive.

Next week:
Milton vs East
Riverside vs Troy Christian
Northridge vs Covington
Bethel vs Lehman

my picks:
Milton over East 27-26
Riverside over TC 42-0
Northridge over Covington 31-28
Lehman over Bethel 42-6

Next week:
Milton vs East
Northridge vs Covington
Bethel vs Lehman

my picks:
Milton over East 27-26
Riverside over TC 42-0
Lehman over Bethel 42-6
Hard to argue against your predictions. East-Milton offer up the most intriguing match up. After the Bethel-Riverside score I'm not sure the Lehman game will be that lopsided. But I do think the wins and losses add up.

Milton will have a hard time with East. The Vikings will push them into the second half and pull out the victory. East 28-22.
Tough game for the Vikings last week. I see them bouncing back this week against a good Milton team. Could go either way but I give the Vikings defense a big play late to seal it 21-14.

I'm gonna go with the following even though I think the MU/ME and Bethel/Lehman games could go either way.

Milton over East 23-20
Riverside over TC 34-12
Northridge over Covington 30-6
Bethel over Lehman 27-21

Next week:
Milton vs East
Northridge vs Covington
Bethel vs Lehman

my picks:
Milton over East 27-26
Riverside over TC 42-0
Lehman over Bethel 42-6
I agree on your picks. I think the MU/ME game is massive this year. I would probably say that I think Northridge beats Covington badly.

Milton pulls out the win over a stubborn and improved Miami East team. Riverside is hitting their stride. It will take a monumental effort from any other team including MU to beat them. Milton gets a week to rest with Covington next. Congrats to the winners!

Loved the old skip pass backwards to the rb for a forward pass for a touchdown on fourth down by the Dogs. They caught Miami East asleep. Pearce uses that play once every five years.