2023 St. Ignatius Football

Guess I'm going to have to drive the 110 miles up to Glendale and take the field to congratulate a fellow Ignatian and slip on the grass in the process.

What I have so far:
CLEVELAND ST. IGNATIUS
1 - @ Springfield
2 - @ Mentor
4 - @ Austintown Fitch
5 - (H) Akron Hoban
6 - @ Toledo Central Catholic
7 - @ Lakewood St. Edward
8 - @ Cincinnati Moeller
9 - (H) Cincinnati St. Xavier
We are available Week 3

A pretty brutal schedule for your guys. 6 out of 8 on the road to start the year is terrible, and if they play Xavier at JCU and Football North on W. 31st, that's 2 "home" games at Byers.

Hoban > TCC > Eds > Moeller > X, that's the trail of tears of Ohio high school football.

Congratulations to Jon Gannon - the new HC of the Arizona Cardinals

That's great news. Good luck to him at Arizona
That makes 4 head coaches in the NFL from Northeast Ohio. In addition to Gannon, there's Josh McDaniels (Canton McKinley and Las Vegas Raiders), Brandon Staley (Perry and Los Angeles Chargers), and Mike Vrabel (Walsh Jesuit and Tennessee Titans). All are under the age of 50.

It's a stupid schedule. Almost a guaranteed 4-5 loss season.
How long does frazinger honestly keep his job if he can’t turn things around? How many years does he get 3-5?

Not trying to troll when my eagles hired nedzwicki back in 07 they realized pretty quickly and let him go after 2 yrs , and brought in an outsider in Finotti.

just from my friendly convos with some iggy alumni they don’t see things changing anytime soon with the direction of things.

How long does frazinger honestly keep his job if he can’t turn things around? How many years does he get 3-5?

Not trying to troll when my eagles hired nedzwicki back in 07 they realized pretty quickly and let him go after 2 yrs , and brought in an outsider in Finotti.

just from my friendly convos with some iggy alumni they don’t see things changing anytime soon with the direction of things.
Ignatius isn't going to fire Franzinger. The football program being great again does not seem to be a priority.

And yes it will take years. There is talent in the program but it's missing key parts.

Just my opinion, but the 2023 season has major questions at QB, OL, DL, and LBs. There are usually LBs rising up but that hasn't been the case recently.

Last edited:
Ignatius isn't going to fire Franzinger. The football program being great again does not seem to be a priority.

And yes it will take years. There is talent in the program but it's missing key parts.

Just my opinion, but the 2023 season has major questions at QB, OL, DL, and LBs. There are usually LBs rising up but that hasn't been the case recently.
Qb is bright spot in my opinion over next few years! Ignatius has very good senior junior and sophomore to choose from next season!

I agree about the quarterbacks. The problem has been the o-line, which has been a comparative weakness for quite a few years. Hopefully LCB can bring some good coaching of fundamentals and build up the players to shore up the most critical part of any offense.

Last edited:
Fans who are interested might want to hop over to First Energy Stadium today to see the hockey team play Benedictine, followed by Ed's vs Padua.

Yesterday's post:

HKY: A reminder that tomorrow's Regional Semifinal game will be played at FirstEnergy Stadium at 4 p.m. Those in attendance must follow the NFL's clear bag policy. Gates will open at 3 p.m. and the entrance is at the NW Junior Gate!

If you missed today's hockey regional semi-final, the Cats ( 4-0 against Benedictine) will play for the regional championship on Fri at 7 at First Energy against Padua, which beat St. Edward 1-0 in 3OTs