2023 St. Ignatius Football

As usual, Football North has linemen as big as their college counterparts, Here is their first game. I'm sure they have gotten much better.

The "usual suspects" have been here all year. Your only contribution lately is to act like a burner account for one of the inept coaches. If you don't like facts this season, that's your choice. Feel free to bookmark my comments, I hope things improve. But I have seen zero from this coaching staff this year, and a further analysis is more worrisome that could be a systemwide issue rather than varsity. A lack of talent or age of talent doesn't make a playcaller routinely not have a clue of either what play to call, or how to actually get the play in timely. A lack of talent or age doesn't keep a coach from making sure the team shows discipline, especially in key moments. It looks and feels like a free for all.

But by all means, take the holier-than-thou all will be well in a matter of 1 season high ground. I'll bookmark your comments the same you will bookmark ours.

Nope. All the solid Ignatius posters are long gone. You’re an embarrassment. No need to engage. You’ll be back on the bandwagon soon enough.
Solid posters like Catfan, CatAlum, IvyCat89, Arizonacat, Catmandoo, etc all of which loved posting in the early 2000s when Ed’s had no state championships and Ignatius owned the series? 😂.

I get Ed’s had a lot of new posters but it was a different time when everyone was kicking each other around on this forum.

Solid posters like Catfan, CatAlum, IvyCat89, Arizonacat, Catmandoo, etc all of which loved posting in the early 2000s when Ed’s had no state championships and Ignatius owned the series? 😂.

I get Ed’s had a lot of new posters but it was a different time when everyone was kicking each other around on this forum.
He just can't engage in truth, so in typical fashion, a fly by, and "no need to engage" because I dont blindly shove my nose up their you know what, when things smell, and deserve to be called out.

The legacy Ed’s posters were great…Genco, Jazzy, 95…brought great dialogue.

Same with the old guard Ignatius posters save for Arizona.

97 always a clown.

The legacy Ed’s posters were great…Genco, Jazzy, 95…brought great dialogue.

Same with the old guard Ignatius posters save for Arizona.

97 always a clown.
How many times did you contribute anything on this 39 page 1,000 post thread over the last 11 months before your hit and runs once monthly the last 2 months. You are free to utilize the ignore feature or start your own thread so all your favorites can fill it up. Go start the 2024 one now and tell us all the reasons 2024 will be so much improved

One positive that came out of yesterday's match is that is showed the young team that they could compete, especially after the last two weeks. The schedule just didn't give them an opportunity to learn how to win.

As usual, Football North has linemen as big as their college counterparts, Here is their first game. I'm sure they have gotten much better.

Clarkson North gave Eds a really good game. Their QB was very effective. He's good at getting the ball out quickly on slants and outs as they run a nice short passing game that compliments their runner. As soon as you think the QB is settled in the pocket he takes off on these designed QB draws that really frustrate defenses. Their offensive line is massive and athletic. #71 looks like a 3-mile island cooling tower. And I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. They can move and will get to the 2nd level with their blocks. Their defense has some athletes, but they don't necessarily do anything unique or great. They just play and tackle hard and avoid mistakes.

The one negative is they have zero depth. I think they only had about 28 kid on the whole team. That takes a toll with traveling and when someone gets shaken up and has to come out for an injury.

I think a revived Wildcat team with Haddad can win this game, but you'll have to play mistake free ball. You'll have to stay in it until they tire in the 2nd half. Should be a good matchup even if there are no points involved.

Clarkson North gave Eds a really good game. Their QB was very effective. He's good at getting the ball out quickly on slants and outs as they run a nice short passing game that compliments their runner. As soon as you think the QB is settled in the pocket he takes off on these designed QB draws that really frustrate defenses. Their offensive line is massive and athletic. #71 looks like a 3-mile island cooling tower. And I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. They can move and will get to the 2nd level with their blocks. Their defense has some athletes, but they don't necessarily do anything unique or great. They just play and tackle hard and avoid mistakes.

The one negative is they have zero depth. I think they only had about 28 kid on the whole team. That takes a toll with traveling and when someone gets shaken up and has to come out for an injury.

I think a revived Wildcat team with Haddad can win this game, but you'll have to play mistake free ball. You'll have to stay in it until they tire in the 2nd half. Should be a good matchup even if there are no points involved.
Thank you.

Went on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised with the battle the boys put out. In the end, coaching killed them...again.

You go punt rush twice in a row, get pressure and even partial block. Awesome. Don't you think the X coaches saw this and baited you into the fake? All Iggy had to do was not allow a fake punt TD by an OL and they win. Unbelievable.

I can't place blame on anyone on the offense. There is no flow to it and it's easily the most predicable offense in the state. I still see mentions of the QB play, but give me a break. If you had Drew Allar out there throwing to covered WRs in a basic offense that can't make a play call for the life of them, this offense would still struggle.

Welo needs to go. Now.

Also, what's with the X offense themselves?? I thought Herbstreit's kid was supposed to be good. Was he hurt or something? I mean, he was barely on the field.

That wildcat crap they ran was also mind numbing.

Much better game. Haddad is a stud. Ignatius doesn’t have a QB that can make plays. Haddad’s TD was all him.

The fact that he could come off an 8 week hiatus and play at that level speaks to the type of athlete he is. Best player on the field. The big boys will come calling as he puts even more plays on tape like he did over the weekend.

I’m hoping all the talented football dads are reading this forum. Just in case their kids are debating between St Ed’s and ignatius.
Will be like fishing in a barrel!

You guys will rebound in a decade or two!!

Kidding best of luck. But I think Canada north wins 28/14

I’m hoping all the talented football dads are reading this forum. Just in case their kids are debating between St Ed’s and ignatius.
Will be like fishing in a barrel!

You guys will rebound in a decade or two!!

Kidding best of luck. But I think Canada north wins 28/14
Ignatius doesn't need talented football dads; they probably have used up their eligibility anyway and ( how to say this politely?) lost a step.

Last edited:
At least we avoided the worst record in 75 years....we will count the exhibition, in essence, for that. The kids were excited to win finally, which, to me, shows where the blame lies on failing the kids all year. Mentor next week, for what it's worth

Personally, I have always hated rematches in the playoffs, even when we were winning. I like to see other teams that we haven't played, see their fans, band, etc. I really liked playing Perry, GlenOak, Stow-Munroe Falls, and teams that we haven't played. I thought it would be possible with the expanded playoffs, but, same old thing. I would have really liked to have gone to Wadsworth; never been to that stadium.

Personally, I have always hated rematches in the playoffs, even when we were winning. I like to see other teams that we haven't played, see their fans, band, etc. I really liked playing Perry, GlenOak, Stow-Munroe Falls, and teams that we haven't played. I thought it would be possible with the expanded playoffs, but, same old thing. I would have really liked to have gone to Wadsworth; never been to that stadium.
Same, I don't have a crazy appetite for a playoff game ar 2-8, but always look forward to the playoffs season in HSFB as a whole. But I would have liked to have seen a team like Wadsworth, and actually, seen a matchup in a year like this to gauge a team like them and see new sights

Ha - the match up neither school wanted in the first round. Mentor deserves a cupcake match up in round 1 after having a good season, but will now have to grind it out. Ignatius, I'm sure, would've much rather caught Wadsworth or the Heights.

Ha - the match up neither school wanted in the first round. Mentor deserves a cupcake match up in round 1 after having a good season, but will now have to grind it out. Ignatius, I'm sure, would've much rather caught Wadsworth or the Heights.
More like Euclid, Elyria or St. Wrongsville

Don't forget Eaglemerc, he was prolific during the Coach Gibbons years.
Hello old pal...glad to see that your boys have done do well..

I stop in a few times a year, but spend most of my time working for a dog rescue.

See ya' in the neighborhood....I am out at one of the local parks, including across the street from you, before 6:00 A.M. every day waking my pup.