2023 St. Ignatius Football

If you are going to use a TO, you use it immediately once down. I honestly keep being more concerned about this stuff. And then you call a freaking screen for a loss. What a bunch of fools on the sidelines

Let's see if the coaches can use any brain cells and put Haddad in on O in OT and get the 1 score that prob wins it. Knowing the coaches, they will do something absurdly bad

Much better game. Haddad is a stud. Ignatius doesn’t have a QB that can make plays. Haddad’s TD was all him.

What is the offensive plan in overtime? Wait until the play clock runs down to 10 before beginning to line up and then chuck it up toward Haddad?

Scratching my head. I have never seen Ignatius lose a game they had won. At least not like that.

What is the offensive plan in overtime? Wait until the play clock runs down to 10 before beginning to line up and then chuck it up toward Haddad?

Scratching my head. I have never seen Ignatius lose a game they had won. At least not like that.
On a fake punt to a 275lb DT who ran 49 yards for a TD. Unbelievable

There is never a plan. Never. Coaches are in over their head. Just because you were good players doesn't mean that translates to coaching

If you are going to use a TO, you use it immediately once down. I honestly keep being more concerned about this stuff. And then you call a freaking screen for a loss. What a bunch of fools on the sidelines
A 44 year old with a screen name calling a group of high school coaches ‘fools’.

May I suggest stepping away from Ignatius football for the last couple of weeks of the season.

Years in passing should not sever….

yeah buddy. I’m a man for others myself. Just a bit older than you and unimpressed private school elitism that simply didn’t exist in my day.

Today was a perfect display of what has angered and discouraged Wildcat fans.

Most are in shock on how the whole thing could have fallen apart so quickly, and how such a proud, classy program has been thrown to the dogs. I feel for Chuck Kyle, who must suffer seeing the program he sweat blood for all these years, undone in such a short period. Shame on all involved. I'm sure no one involved with the program wants it to fail, but it is not changing or improving as it should; same mistakes, same penalites at the wrong time, same PF penalties. It's one thing to lose a game, but to display no poise or organization is another. The kids fought hard today, but there was always a sense of inevitable doom.

Last edited:
Today was a perfect display of what has angered and discouraged Wildcat fans.

Most are in shock on how the whole thing could have fallen apart so quickly, and how such a proud, classy program has been thrown to the dogs. I feel for Chuck Kyle, who must suffer seeing the program he sweat blood for all these years, undone in such a short period. Shame on all involved. I'm sure no one involved with the program wants it to fail, but it is not changing or improving as it should; same mistakes, same penalites at the wrong time, same PF penalties. It's one thing to lose a game, but to display no poise or organization is another. The kids fought hard today, but there was always a sense of inevitable doom.
I think this is absolutely the best summary of the situation and my accompanying feelings I have seen yet. I have caught myself multiple time thinking of Kyle watching this disaster

With its victory over Moeller, St Ed's has moved to #1 in R1. Right now, the Wildcats would be going to Wadsworth, but, when McKinley loses to Massillon, they will probably fall to 4, so Ignatius would go to Benson.

Reactions: PDC
Since next week's game does not count, here are the "final" nine game pt totals.

Ignatius-82 ( shut out twice, scored 7 or fewer three other times. Running clock against -four and one within two points of rc)
Opponents -285

With its victory over Moeller, St Ed's has moved to #1 in R1. Right now, the Wildcats would be going to Wadsworth, but, when McKinley loses to Massillon, they will probably fall to 4, so Ignatius would go to Benson.
I was hoping for a week 11 rematch with the Wildcats, but our win today eliminates that chance. We will end up #1 or #2 depending on how we do against our rival Hoban. 🤣 Ok, just kidding. (CatAlum hated when I said Hoban was our real rival.) Of course you're our real rival. Only Hoban people care about Eds v Hoban.
Nevertheless, after today., I must ask how many Hadads' do you have that are an ongoing thorn in our side? Does it ever end? BTW, he's a great player. Do you have some extra Hadads' that can go to Eds? We'd love to have them!😃
If we stay at #1 a week 13 rematch is likely. If we go to #2 then a week #14 matchup will be the result. That assumes St. Ed makes it to those weeks. I have no doubts about the WIldcats being there.😁 You're not going to lose to the Wadsworth Grizzlies. 😮 Are they the Grizzlies?

The usual suspects are out again tonight!
Bookmark all of these comments for next season around this time.

Ignatius’ best player made his debut tonight, he’s a difference maker. Probably would have helped this season just a bit.

Frosh was starting at OG. Surrounded by Sophs.

Defense battled.

When’s the last time a 1-9/2-8 team won a playoff game? May just happen this year depending on draw.

I was hoping for a week 11 rematch with the Wildcats, but our win today eliminates that chance. We will end up #1 or #2 depending on how we do against our rival Hoban. 🤣 Ok, just kidding. (CatAlum hated when I said Hoban was our real rival.) Of course you're our real rival. Only Hoban people care about Eds v Hoban.
Nevertheless, after today., I must ask how many Hadads' do you have that are an ongoing thorn in our side? Does it ever end? BTW, he's a great player. Do you have some extra Hadads' that can go to Eds? We'd love to have them!😃
If we stay at #1 a week 13 rematch is likely. If we go to #2 then a week #14 matchup will be the result. That assumes St. Ed makes it to those weeks. I have no doubts about the WIldcats being there.😁 You're not going to lose to the Wadsworth Grizzlies. 😮
I think we will play McKinley after they lose to Massillon and Wadsworth beats N. Royalton ( 1-8).

There is a freshman Haddad, Trey, who is also a wr/db

I think we will play McKinley after they lose to Massillon and Wadsworth beats N. Royalton ( 1-8).

There is a freshman Haddad, Trey, who is also a wr/db
The Hadads' are great players. I need to get the Andrews' brothers to get them to transfer to Eds. 😂 Not happening!🤣

I rarely ever saw a personal foul called against St. Ignatius when Chuck Kyle was in charge. To hear that they had multiple in one game let alone all season is shocking! That should tell you everything you need to know about the new coaches.

The usual suspects are out again tonight!
Bookmark all of these comments for next season around this time.

Ignatius’ best player made his debut tonight, he’s a difference maker. Probably would have helped this season just a bit.

Frosh was starting at OG. Surrounded by Sophs.

Defense battled.

When’s the last time a 1-9/2-8 team won a playoff game? May just happen this year depending on draw.
The "usual suspects" have been here all year. Your only contribution lately is to act like a burner account for one of the inept coaches. If you don't like facts this season, that's your choice. Feel free to bookmark my comments, I hope things improve. But I have seen zero from this coaching staff this year, and a further analysis is more worrisome that could be a systemwide issue rather than varsity. A lack of talent or age of talent doesn't make a playcaller routinely not have a clue of either what play to call, or how to actually get the play in timely. A lack of talent or age doesn't keep a coach from making sure the team shows discipline, especially in key moments. It looks and feels like a free for all.

But by all means, take the holier-than-thou all will be well in a matter of 1 season high ground. I'll bookmark your comments the same you will bookmark ours.

You must have missed 2005 when Bobby Huth got his head slammed into the turf.
I don’t remember plays from 18 years, let alone 3 years ago like Massillon fans do. Guess I’m not just as invested in watching games in person and then reliving them on YouTube. Congrats on that memory!

There's a handful of new posters on the Ignatius thread this year who I think miss the fact that most posts on the Eds or Ignatius thread by the other side is just good natured banter, especially when the threads are slow. Don't take everything too seriously, and a little back and forth banter is a good thing.