2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

Attachments

• IMG_2801.png
    IMG_2801.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 144
First, I have no idea if this is true or not. Read on another thread that Mt. Healthy may have to forfeit some games due to playing ineligible players. This would give Ross an adjustment which would be huge since they are sitting at 17 according to Joe Ethel.

Once again, don't know if this is true or not. For what it's worth the other thread was started by a Fenwick person and they are notorious for trolling on here.

Uh big weekend for Edgewood.Varsisty 42-27 over Franklin.Freshmen beat Lasalle 20-8 and the JV blew out Franklin 36-0.Finally some good news. Been a long year, injuries and the death of an important part of the coaching staff.

Uh big weekend for Edgewood.Varsisty 42-27 over Franklin.Freshmen beat Lasalle 20-8 and the JV blew out Franklin 36-0.Finally some good news. Been a long year, injuries and the death of an important part of the coaching staff.
I guess that booster bowl championship didn’t help them much last night

Uh, nah but Franklin does have a very, impressive WR.Very fast and good hands, possibly a player at the next level
I’m sure he had a big game but was that 275 legit? I know Franklin always has had a problem with the accuracy of stats. I’ve seen them called out on here a few times for ballooned numbers. Either was the kid obviously can play

I’m sure he had a big game but was that 275 legit? I know Franklin always has had a problem with the accuracy of stats. I’ve seen them called out on here a few times for ballooned numbers. Either was the kid obviously can play
I have seen inflated stat numbers before but I would suspect those receiving yards to be somewhere in the ball park, depending on the statistician. Regardless, Wow!!! 9 grabs for 274 yards and 3 TDs that is impressive. I think my biggest gripe on stats are the tackles, especially assisted to equal a total, that seems a bit more subjective.

I have seen inflated stat numbers before but I would suspect those receiving yards to be somewhere in the ball park, depending on the statistician. Regardless, Wow!!! 9 grabs for 274 yards and 3 TDs that is impressive. I think my biggest gripe on stats are the tackles, especially assisted to equal a total, that seems a bit more subjective.
Yeah the tackle stats are laughable sometimes. Is it normal to count sacks and TFLs as also being tackles? It seems like double-dipping to me but I’ve never tracked stats for a team before.

Yeah the tackle stats are laughable sometimes. Is it normal to count sacks and TFLs as also being tackles? It seems like double-dipping to me but I’ve never tracked stats for a team before.
I think yes. However, IMO, a sack (passing attempt) is not a TFL and a TFL (rushing) is not a sack but both would count for a tackle. Like you, I have not tracked the stats for a team...I just read them, lol.

You always give the records of opponents in Edgewood losses, curious if you'll give opponents division and record of Edgewood wins?

UH sorry dont understand the question, just a dumb ole public school graduate.
Nothing wrong with public education.

Edgewood losses came against teams that are 48-3. That is is impressive to the competition they have played.
Edgewood wins came against teams that are 7-20. That is not too impressive.

Essentially, Edgewood has REALLY good losses that count for nothing other than they played them. Then they have three wins, possibly four, against teams without a winning record, nor near a winning record. The bravado cast upon Cougars late last year into the preseason may have left some of the SWBL stalwarts a bit chaffed and outside looking in, for good reason.

It's all good though, Edgewood should be in the playoffs with at worst a 3-7 and at best a 4-6 record. And Ross, good luck with BB or its a stay home.

Uh actually the 6 teams who have beaten Edgewood are 48-6. the bravado was cast fore D-cord died and the 2 captains 2 best players on the team were lost for the year. Uh how do you get chaffed? Uh sounds painful Ross is a lot better than people think

First, I have no idea if this is true or not. Read on another thread that Mt. Healthy may have to forfeit some games due to playing ineligible players. This would give Ross an adjustment which would be huge since they are sitting at 17 according to Joe Ethel.

Once again, don't know if this is true or not. For what it's worth the other thread was started by a Fenwick person and they are notorious for trolling on here.
Uh if Ross wins Friday, they are in.

Nothing wrong with public education.

Edgewood losses came against teams that are 48-3. That is is impressive to the competition they have played.
Edgewood wins came against teams that are 7-20. That is not too impressive.

Essentially, Edgewood has REALLY good losses that count for nothing other than they played them. Then they have three wins, possibly four, against teams without a winning record, nor near a winning record. The bravado cast upon Cougars late last year into the preseason may have left some of the SWBL stalwarts a bit chaffed and outside looking in, for good reason.

It's all good though, Edgewood should be in the playoffs with at worst a 3-7 and at best a 4-6 record. And Ross, good luck with BB or its a stay home.
Uh there are no"Really good losses."Uh Im sure Edgewood will be fine in the SWBL, beginning next season JV and Freshman teams are really good. Qb and 2 rbs back and a good wr is also back

Last edited:
Uh there are no"Really good losses."Uh Im sure Edgewood will be fine in the SWBL, beginning next season JV and Freshman teams are really good. Qb and 2 rbs back and a good wr is also back
That is correct there are no "good losses" when it comes to a points based win system. It was simply meant as they played good competition and lost (the first three weeks were a grinder, ugh).

My point concerning being chafed (not chaffed, fat fingered), was the SWBL was a solid conference before Edgewood and Ross entered. Granted, there are things that happen that can change the course of a team's season but many months ago, Edgewood and to a certain extent, Ross, were the teams to beat and the existing SWBL teams would struggle. It's great that the JV and Frosh have good teams and hopefully those kids can step in and make Edgewood better and make the SWBL better overall.

As a side note, I like Eaton to a be stinker in R16. It looks like they can put points on the board but need to tighten down that D or the McNick game (guessing) in week 11 will be a shoot out.

As a side note, I like Eaton to a be stinker in R16. It looks like they can put points on the board but need to tighten down that D or the McNick game (guessing) in week 11 will be a shoot out.
The Waynesville score was actually pretty misleading due to the double OT where we scored 2 touchdowns. When regulation ended it was only 19-19, and we struggled to put points up for the 2nd week in a row. The defense played great in comparison, and one of our regulation touchdowns was actually a pick-six.

We moved the ball well, but penalties killed drive after drive on Friday. It seemed like every time we had the ball we faced a 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15...etc.

The Waynesville score was actually pretty misleading due to the double OT where we scored 2 touchdowns. When regulation ended it was only 19-19, and we struggled to put points up for the 2nd week in a row. The defense played great in comparison, and one of our regulation touchdowns was actually a pick-six.

We moved the ball well, but penalties killed drive after drive on Friday. It seemed like every time we had the ball we faced a 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15...etc.
Gotcha. I was looking at VV and Bville and the points allowed. Dude, you guys have exceeded what I thought. I honestly thought when Ebright graduated the Eagles would take a step backwards. I was called on the carpet for that and I will eat my crow, I was sooo wrong. Great job this year and I have said on several threads that Eaton could be the stinker in the region...I will stand by that.

Win this week and you probably have McNick. They got a lot of speed and a QB that can sling it. This match up I dont think is very good for Eaton but last year Fenwick felt the wrath, lol.

I would like your match up against Shawnee or Waverly better but I think those two are married next week.

Bottom line, Eaton is to be reckoned with, second or third round for any of the R16 studs wont be a cake walk.

Good luck!

Being behind the sticks has been a theme for this team all season. I've said it before, if Eaton can play a clean game, i.e no turnovers or egregious penalties, they can play with most anyone in R16. They do need to get their running game back on track. Losing Simpson last week will hurt.

Gotcha. I was looking at VV and Bville and the points allowed. Dude, you guys have exceeded what I thought. I honestly thought when Ebright graduated the Eagles would take a step backwards. I was called on the carpet for that and I will eat my crow, I was sooo wrong. Great job this year and I have said on several threads that Eaton could be the stinker in the region...I will stand by that.

Win this week and you probably have McNick. They got a lot of speed and a QB that can sling it. This match up I dont think is very good for Eaton but last year Fenwick felt the wrath, lol.

I would like your match up against Shawnee or Waverly better but I think those two are married next week.

Bottom line, Eaton is to be reckoned with, second or third round for any of the R16 studs wont be a cake walk.

Good luck!
Atkins has really been a pleasant surprise this year. He is on pace to pass for more yards / TD's in a season for an Eaton signal caller since French back in 2010 when we lost to, you guessed it, McNick in the regional championship game.

Last edited:
Atkins has really been a pleasant surprise this year. He is on pace to pass for more yards / TD's in a season for an Eaton signal caller since French back in 2010 when we lost to, you guessed it, McNick in the regional semi final..
You were the one that called me out with the whole QB situation. 🤣 You are spot on. Thanks for the info.

BTW, saw that Eaton/Shawnee game in 2010 with French, that kid was amazing. If I remember correctly, there was a kid named Fudge before him??? Eaton has had some good QB over the years.

Goodness, sorry if I called you out Gamma. I try not to be that guy.

You are correct. It was Austin, and then his brother Jeremy before him.
Nahhhh, you are Golden as far as I am concerned. (however, I can be a shizz...sorry, lol), you just informed me that I was not informed and you were correct 🤣

I like reading you post and all is good.

Not that travel always makes a difference but the possibility of McNick having to make the long trip could be an advantage for Eaton. Seems like every time Eaton has played McNick recently it’s always been either in the Cincy area or at McNick

Not that travel always makes a difference but the possibility of McNick having to make the long trip could be an advantage for Eaton. Seems like every time Eaton has played McNick recently it’s always been either in the Cincy area or at McNick
Trying to recall where the Eaton/ McNick game was 2 years ago. Monroe maybe? Not sure the trip would be an issue for McNicholas they went to Wheelersburg and Columbus this season and of course usually 2-3 GCL games in or near Dayton yearly.

You were the one that called me out with the whole QB situation. 🤣 You are spot on. Thanks for the info.

BTW, saw that Eaton/Shawnee game in 2010 with French, that kid was amazing. If I remember correctly, there was a kid named Fudge before him??? Eaton has had some good QB over the years.

You can't talk about Eaton QBs and not mention Tommy Jones.