2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

VV returns a handful of skill guys, Loses a lot of pieces on the O/D Line and LB core but returns Henson. I look for another strong season from Valley View

Monroe loses a bunch but they also have a lot coming back. Small senior class coming in but a large and talented group of in coming juniors and sophomores. JV was 9-1 this year and the freshman were 5-3 with 2 of their losses to a a very good group of freshman at Clinton Massie. I think the key will be replacing Jackson. If they have somebody to carry the load at FB, they should stay in the top half of the league.

I think Mullins needs to move Miles to RB and Karson Marcum to QB. EJ Jyan is a solid player and together with Miles would be a good backfield. We need a passing game. Monroe is completely one dimensional and against teams like Western Brown you have to have kids that can catch the ball if you want to keep up in shootout games. On the defensive side I wish we’d blitz more. Monroe is never aggressive enough on defense. We’ll be fine just need to figure out their QB situation. Need to open it up not just keep pounding the middle every play.

Eaton loses about 7 or 8 seniors, including their starting QB, and RB, as well as a couple of stalwarts on the defensive side of the ball. They have a good contingent of Juniors coming back, but other than that I really do not know what they have in the coffers.

VV returns a handful of skill guys, Loses a lot of pieces on the O/D Line and LB core but returns Henson. I look for another strong season from Valley View
On offense, VV loses Hypes, Stidham, Clark, from the skill guys. Do they lose anyone else from the portion of the offensive unit? I would assume everything will revolve around Henson on offense as a third year starter.

They bring back Henson, Lynch, Valenti and Malara. Biggest concern is replacing OL on the offensive side

I think Mullins needs to move Miles to RB and Karson Marcum to QB. EJ Jyan is a solid player and together with Miles would be a good backfield. We need a passing game. Monroe is completely one dimensional and against teams like Western Brown you have to have kids that can catch the ball if you want to keep up in shootout games. On the defensive side I wish we’d blitz more. Monroe is never aggressive enough on defense. We’ll be fine just need to figure out their QB situation. Need to open it up not just keep pounding the middle every play.
Miles does a nice job running the option but he is definitely limited at passing the ball. Watching Marcum on JV this year, I've not really seen anything to make me believe he would be any better at throwing it. Not saying that he wouldn't, but the Monroe coaching staff is not calling pass plays from what I've seen. It's not what they do or what they want to do. I do believe moving Marcum to QB and Miles to RB would put more offensive weapons on the field, but I don't see it happening. The staff likes Miles as a leader and what better place to have your best leader than at QB1. I thought they improved drastically on defense this year from the beginning of the year until the end and I think the two Western Brown games reflect that improvement. They gave up 60 something the first time and only 30 something the second time around. But you're not wrong, they don't seem to do a lot of stunting or blitzing and seem to like to sit back in a zone and get pressure with their down lineman. Hard to do out of the 50. Personally I think they would be better suited with a 4 man front if they don't want to do more stunts, but I'm not sure they have the size for the 1 and 3 techniques. Mullins has the program headed in the right direction and if he hangs around I think they will continue to improve. They have a couple of solid groups with some good players coming through.

What’s bump supposed to mean?
bump the thread to the top for visibility.

Excited to see what BB has next year, I've been hearing that the coaching staff might be looking to freshen up the offense. More Shotgun/pistol sets, as well as a stronger emphasis on throwing the ball. I hope that they don't change it up too much, the wing T that Jenkins brought from Massie has been integral to the program turnaround imo.

Looks like Coach Poff has returned to Madison. Hopefully this brings some much needed renewed hope and numbers to help the Mohawks get back on some type of consistent track with the football program.

Excited to see what BB has next year, I've been hearing that the coaching staff might be looking to freshen up the offense. More Shotgun/pistol sets, as well as a stronger emphasis on throwing the ball. I hope that they don't change it up too much, the wing T that Jenkins brought from Massie has been integral to the program turnaround imo.
I feel like you might be able to integrate some of the same principles running the ball, into the Pistol. Having more balance in D3 would be beneficial. In the state championship games, I feel like you see a lot of pistol/shotgun with dynamic QB's, and strong defenses. Most still had strong run games complimented by a dual threat QB.

Coach Jenkins will absolutely open it up ? Not sure how long you’ve been following the program but both of our unbeaten teams under Jenkins ran a lot of pistol sets. You have to have the right quarterback to do so

lebenski was the first he ran it very well then the latest was westbrock, he was very talented , he headed the team that lost to Ross in the playoffs after an amazing year .

so to answer your question , yes, Jenkins will open it up . Last year was Vanilla due to the younger group we had. You have to understand oh Brooke graduated two straight senior classes of 20+ players that contributed heavily since their sophomore years . That’s a lot to replace . I expect this year to be more wide open

Outside of pontz that’s a tough schedule for the eagles next season
The new look swbl is going to be tough 💪

Attachments

• 7FECFC70-7562-4498-9BB1-6DC9525C2D60.png
    7FECFC70-7562-4498-9BB1-6DC9525C2D60.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 77
Coach Jenkins will absolutely open it up ? Not sure how long you’ve been following the program but both of our unbeaten teams under Jenkins ran a lot of pistol sets. You have to have the right quarterback to do so

lebenski was the first he ran it very well then the latest was westbrock, he was very talented , he headed the team that lost to Ross in the playoffs after an amazing year .

so to answer your question , yes, Jenkins will open it up . Last year was Vanilla due to the younger group we had. You have to understand oh Brooke graduated two straight senior classes of 20+ players that contributed heavily since their sophomore years . That’s a lot to replace . I expect this year to be more wide open
Followed for quite a long time.

Just don't want to see the same thing that happened to your jr season with J throwing 50% of his passes straight into the dirt. Then the next season after the QB went out with a shoulder injury the replacement was 0-11with 6 interceptions before being replaced by JV playing seniors.

All the trust in Jenkins in the world. it's the parents and pressure I don't trust.

Outside of pontz that’s a tough schedule for the eagles next season
The new look swbl is going to be tough 💪
Gonna be a really tough year, but with the new additions to the league, gotta expect that going forward.

Love getting a shot at Alter again.