2023 NWO Football

What conference title race will you be looking forward to the most this season?

• NLL Buckeye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • NLL Cardinal

• NBC

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • BVC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • CHSL Central (MI)

• NWOAL

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • TAAC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toledo City League

• Total voters
Avon takes a knee (?) at the Titans 10 as first half clock expires...they could've spiked it and attempted the FG. Assume it was a mental mistake but this Avon team is really 10-0? Maybe a 2nd half team.

I think maybe Whitmer's parents should have formed a mob last week. lol.

sigh

Dang, I blinked on the Findlay game. They've tied it up.

Anyone know how TCC is doing against BG?

TCC 42 BG 7 (next up another home game vs. Defiance who beat Bay Village 14-7)

Ottawa Hills taking it to Margaretta 35-7. How far can the Green Bears go this year? Looking real solid.

An injury riddled Perrysburg takes it to Whitmer. Kinda a head scratcher.

Findlay gets a scare then takes over.

Ross gets beat like a drum.

Naptown playing great football after that 1-4 start.

I and jafo are not surprised. 3-7 Columbus area team winning game over NLL champ just shows how bad big school football in NW Ohio is other than TCC.
Findlay was up 35-21...and Liberty was set to attempt the XP at the end but then Findlay called a timeout to ice the kicker, Lib changed their mind and went for the win.

I and jafo are not surprised. 3-7 Columbus area team winning game over NLL champ just shows how bad big school football in NW Ohio is other than TCC.

In this case I think it's more the fact that Findlay had a 2 score lead in the 2nd half and choked it away. The moment was too big for them. At least they didn't lose by 26.

Why in the world did Findlay call a timeout? Liberty had no timeouts left and was planning on going to overtime!

In this case I think it's more the fact that Findlay had a 2 score lead in the 2nd half and choked it away. The moment was too big for them. At least they didn't lose by 26.
Well hire a cheerleader to be head coach it is not a surprised. Just didn't want to ruin their reputation of being mediocre came close after blowing out Whitmer but now it still fits.

To be fair… If you look at Liberty’s schedule, they are probably one of the best 3–7 D1 teams you’ll ever see. They played a lot of the Columbus area teams really close. Total collapse by Findlay as they were up 2 scores late in the fourth quarter I believe.

To be fair… If you look at Liberty’s schedule, they are probably one of the best 3–7 D1 teams you’ll ever see. They played a lot of the Columbus area teams really close. Total collapse by Findlay as they were up 2 scores late in the fourth quarter I believe.
That is my point that a 3-7 Columbus area team was expected to be as good as NLL league champ because the quality of football in Columbus is so much better than NW Ohio.

Agreed. A little surprised it was that close. Although Findlay's coach cheered his little heart out, he got caught with his pom poms down.

Last edited:
I don’t think travel is a big hurt here.
Last year travel was St. Ed’s, Findlay, Lima
This year Findlay, Brother Rice and St. Mary’s. Then the ford field would take them over a little further than last year.

I think they biggest hit in the long term looking at future finances would be gate. Get in the NLL and you can get a Perrysburg, AW, Whitmer, Clay, Findlay, Northview, Southview, etc. Gate. That’s a way better revenue stream. The big public’s new exactly what they were doing with that. Hurt the gate and possibly kill the programs. Have to schedule all of these out of metropolitan area games and it will eventually catch up.
I think this is also why there’s a big push to get a 12th team in the NLL. These late in the season home games against TCL teams that bring less fans than coaches won’t fly for long.

Liberty’s part of the OCC (six team division) may be the thunderdome of D1 public school football. Not that there’s a realistic state title contender in it, but it is a very intense weeks 6-10. There’s no such thing as an off week in that league.

Why in the world did Findlay call a timeout? Liberty had no timeouts left and was planning on going to overtime!
If you think you can have your kids take a breath, remind them to stay off the center and possibly sub in Lentz (not sure if he is always out there for PAT, but he is 6’8”) there is nothing wrong with the time out. Blocking it ends the game as well! You can’t take the TO to overtime anyways.
Bold move by Liberty to go for 2 with the Philly special, but I think criticism over the timeout is just hating on the coach, who no one on here seems to like.