2023 NWO Football

What conference title race will you be looking forward to the most this season?

• NLL Buckeye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • NLL Cardinal

• NBC

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • BVC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • CHSL Central (MI)

• NWOAL

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • TAAC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toledo City League

• Total voters
NWO Round 1 Playoff Picture + Predictions (Division 1-3)
Yayyy! Playoffs! Here are what I'm thinking for D1-3 right now (D4-7 to come). My picks denoted by [x] next to team.

Division 1, Region 2
(My winner: Olentangy | Dark horse: Findlay)
■ No. 10 Perrysburg at No. 7 Whitmer [x]
■ No. 14 Olentangy Liberty at No. 3 Findlay [x]

Division 2, Region 6

(My winner: Avon | Dark horse: N/A)
■ No. 15 Start at No. 2 Anthony Wayne [x]
■ No. 13 Cleveland Rhodes at No. 4 Southview [x]
■ No. 10 Fremont Ross at No. 7 Avon Lake [x]
■ No. 12 Clay at No. 5 Olmsted Falls [x]
■ No. 16 St. John’s at No. 1 Avon [x]

Division 2, Region 8

(My winner: Anderson | Dark horse: Winton Woods)
■ No. 10 Xenia at No. 7 Lima Senior [x]

Division 3, Region 10

(My winner: Central Catholic | Dark horse: N/A)
■ No. 14 Ashland at No. 3 Tiffin Columbian [x]
■ No. 10 Sandusky at No. 7 Medina Buckeye [x]
■ No. 9 Defiance [x] at No. 8 Bay Village Bay
■ No. 12 Clyde at No. 5 Rocky River [x]
■ No. 16 Bowling Green at No. 1 Central Catholic [x]

Division 3, Region 12

(My winner: Badin | Dark horse: Wapakoneta)
■ No. 12 New Richmond at No. 5 Wapakoneta [x]
■ No. 11 Hillsboro at No. 6 Celina [x]
■ No. 13 Elida at No. 4 Vandalia Butler [x]
Some good games
Some sheds
2 Obituaries in next Saturday's Blade

If Napoleon does get by Bellevue, it's because Red, like Clyde, is banged up beyond belief.

Historically, Napoleon hasn't done well in Postseason, especially the Bellevue, Clyde, Eastwood, and Perkins types who've simply punched Cats in the mouth a bit harder

Pasteur predicted 1st round upsets
R2
Springfield over Wayne
Miamisberg over Hayes

R6
Brecksville over Westlake

R10
Defiance over Bay
Sandusky over Buckeye

as I inferred. 3-7 is very low for Liberty so I looked. They lost in OT to teams at the top of the region.

Looking at particularly the urban-suburban match-ups, I, not being an insider, often wonder how much of the difficulty in beating those C-Bus burbs has to do with player ability to learn and execute a play-book, as opposed to skill and coaching. Urbans have a much higher IEP rate. One kid not able to concentrate or struggling to learn,... that's a penalty, a forgotten play, a missed assignment.

You've (I believe it was you) referred to the lack of discipline on the Whitmer team regularly. Is it coaching or student ability?
Do we actually have any data on the amount of kids playing that have IEP’s that are commuting penalties, etc.? There is a lot to unpack here in general. Also, it’s never a single thing when it comes to these complex issues. I’m sure there is a large pie with many different slices and I would assume that IEP percentage (if that could even be a thing that people would know. Lots of assumptions made that an inner city football team have more IEP players playing on it. Would be a very hard thing to actually know) would be part of that large pie with many different slices.

Play-offs Edition

Who gets that DV R18? Coldwater auto or does LB have a shot?

R2+4N are mostly ours, right? Which NWOHIO wins/goes furthest in each and who has good chances in the final four?

R2: Look at (3-7) Olentangy Liberty's schedule. Doesn't look like a free pass for Findlay.
R6: Bottom 8 doesn't look that strong. AW-Avon seems a reasonable guess on the final?
R10: HTH did Norton get all the way over here? I got Clyde winning it.
R14: Anything to stop Perkins-Glenville?
R18: WOW!
R22: I've NO idea.
R24: Same
I don't follow what your are saying about Region 18, with regard Coldwater and Liberty Benton

looks like I posed a question. Don't think I said anything.

You asked "Who gets that DV R18? Coldwater auto or does LB have a shot?". The clarity in those questions is lacking.

What does "Coldwater auto" mean? Does LB have a shot? A shot at winning a game? Winning the region?

I think everyone agrees Liberty Center is the favorite followed by Coldwater/Oak Harbor/Edison.

You asked "Who gets that DV R18? Coldwater auto or does LB have a shot?". The clarity in those questions is lacking.
I think that Liberty Center has their number for the second year in a row.
1disciple, you must be in MENSA. Apparently, those questions were really, really hard. I asked because I have no familiarity with teams on their schedule or common opponents.

looks like I posed a question. Don't think I said anything.
So Coldwater who is the 6th seed you are asking if they are the automatic favorite? They got dumptrucked by Liberty Center last year 34-0 and this LC team is better than last year.

Then you proceeded to ask about Liberty Benton who is the 5 seed but plays in an atrocious conference and also got dumptrucked by Liberty Center last year 41-7.

Your questions don't make sense regarding content or context.

So Coldwater who is the 6th seed you are asking if they are the automatic favorite? They got dumptrucked by Liberty Center last year 34-0 and this LC team is better than last year.

Then you proceeded to ask about Liberty Benton who is the 5 seed but plays in an atrocious conference and also got dumptrucked by Liberty Center last year 41-7.

That's why they're questions dumbshit. Because when I don't know, I ask questions as opposed to bluster pretend I'm a bigshot knowing something someone else doesn't yafckhead. I'm in Toledo. I don't know one liberty from another. It's like the fourth one mentioned. Hence, questions. Got any other problems shithead?

If you don't want to answer someone's question, you can just ignore. smh.

Last edited:
That's why they're questions dumbshit. Because when I don't know, I ask questions as opposed to bluster pretend I'm a bigshot knowing something someone else doesn't yafckhead. I'm in Toledo. I don't know one liberty from another. It's like the fourth one mentioned. Hence, questions. Got any other problems shithead?

If you don't want to answer someone's question, you can just ignore. smh.
Do your own homework

Drew Pastuer
Joel Eitel
Martin RPI
Yappi
Black Swamp
NWO Sports
Toledo Blade

That way you don't have the excuse of being ignorant

Do your own homework

Drew Pastuer
Joel Eitel
Martin RPI
Yappi
Black Swamp
NWO Sports
Toledo Blade

Major Payne GIF

Do your own homework

Drew Pastuer
Joel Eitel
Martin RPI
Yappi
Black Swamp
NWO Sports
Toledo Blade

It's called a "message board." These aren't life facts ignorant. There's no test determining the fate of humanity. Nearly ALL the talk is make-talk.

Man, I'm really living in your head without trying, lol

It's called a "message board." These aren't life facts ignorant. There's no test determining the fate of humanity. Nearly ALL the talk is make-talk.

Man, I'm really living in your head without trying, lol
Nope

You are making yourself look like a clown though

You are admitting that you get on this message board and make posts without knowing what your talk about

I don't follow what your are saying about Region 18, with regard Coldwater and Liberty Benton

Imagine being so petty that as a middle aged man you'd actually get pizzed off when someone talks about a team other than your kids.

Nope

You are admitting that you get on this message board and make posts without knowing what your talk about
S-T-F-U.

I was wondering how long it would take for your arrogant stank to make its way over here from the NWOAL thread.

Take it easy bucky, LC is good, really good. The Tigers should roll to Final 4 but they play the game for a reason. Dial it back a bit.

Liberty-Benton is Findlay West. Olentangy Liberty(north of Columbus) plays at Findlay East. Liberty Center is somewhere north of Findlay East and West.(I honestly have no idea). I have heard that they are really, really good and people really, really like them.

Nope

Except I wasn't "talking about it." I was asking questions. Because where I come from and who I deal with are comfortable admitting we do not know everything. We're comfortable in seeking the expertise of others. Our don't shrink when we're aware we should seek knowledge. To seek it from people appears to offend you, when they have all this "google" and instragram stuff to educate us. Was your daddy named "google?"

Do you feel it is better to blather hoping no one knows you have no idea what you're talking about? Or is it better to talk about what you know? Which of those is "clownish?" Where does knowledge come from? Is it magic? Has all your knowledge come from google and facebook? Or did you occasionally, ask a question? ;)

Urban Dictionary: A trending metaphorical term to describe a specific type of large "booty". Dumptruck refers to a booty that typically exceeds the measurement of 40.

Hmmm. Seems an odd choice of words, but I'm not judging.

Urban Dictionary: A trending metaphorical term to describe a specific type of large "booty". Dumptruck refers to a booty that typically exceeds the measurement of 40.

Hmmm. Seems an odd choice of words, but I'm not judging.
Or maybe it just means they got run over such as with a large piece of construction equipment.

Maybe they got bulldozed

Well not only does Bowling Green get to play TCC 1st round, but they have to do it without the head coach as he's been suspended for a "violation of internal district policy." Oof. Another hit for the expanded playoffs phenomena . This game is going to be as ugly as it gets across the state.

Well not only does Bowling Green get to play TCC 1st round, but they have to do it without the head coach as he's been suspended for a "violation of internal district policy." Oof. Another hit for the expanded playoffs phenomena . This game is going to be as ugly as it gets across the state.
they suspended a coach for a game that won't make a lick of difference. Makes an Admin look like they did something I suppose.

What's that got to do with the coach being suspended?

they suspended a coach for a game that won't make a lick of difference. Makes an Admin look like they did something I suppose.
Well, they apparently did do something.
Proportional? In your judgement? Since you imply you know the what's and where's of this but don't want to be specific (fair enough), that's an opinion you can give without giving away the tightly held goods.

What's that got to do with the coach being suspended?
Competition is already watered down, now they have to go out there without the man in charge. They don't stand a chance in hell. I remember when first rounds were competitive and interesting. No team with a .500 or losing record should get the privilege of partaking in the playoffs.

Competition is already watered down, now they have to go out there without the man in charge. They don't stand a chance in hell. I remember when first rounds were competitive and interesting. No team with a .500 or losing record should get the privilege of partaking in the playoffs.
Disagree. That limits how someone schedules OOC, particularly a team that wants the best competition they can find for their players. I get it, all-in brings in some very weak teams. It also allows the stronger teams to schedule stronger. Iron sharpens iron. A 4-6 team can have a legit shot at a couple rounds if not more. Frankly, there's often no difference between a 1-16 and a 1-8 except maybe a few minutes more time for the JVs.