2023 NWO Football

What conference title race will you be looking forward to the most this season?

• NLL Buckeye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • NLL Cardinal

• NBC

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • BVC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • CHSL Central (MI)

• NWOAL

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • TAAC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toledo City League

• Total voters
Disagree. That limits how someone schedules OOC, particularly a team that wants the best competition they can find for their players. I get it, all-in brings in some very weak teams. It also allows the stronger teams to schedule stronger. Iron sharpens iron. A 4-6 team can have a legit shot at a couple rounds if not more. Frankly, there's often no difference between a 1-16 and a 1-8 except maybe a few minutes more time for the JVs.
I have a feeling there are going to be a few “upsets” where the winning team is below .500. Especially the below .500 that play really good competition.

Disagree. That limits how someone schedules OOC, particularly a team that wants the best competition they can find for their players. I get it, all-in brings in some very weak teams. It also allows the stronger teams to schedule stronger. Iron sharpens iron. A 4-6 team can have a legit shot at a couple rounds if not more. Frankly, there's often no difference between a 1-16 and a 1-8 except maybe a few minutes more time for the JVs.
East, you choose to disagree with me on literally everything on here no matter the context. So your first word was not needed as it goes without saying :LOL:

What are our best first round HOME games in NWO? Any division. Time is short, get cracking with answers.
D5 7-3 Genoa @ 7-3 Huron rematch from week 3 where Genoa won 21-20(I know it's pushing it to call Huron NW Ohio)
D1 7-3 Perrysburg @ 7-3 Whitmer rematch from week 7 where Whitmer won 25-15

D7 8-2 Leipsic at 7-3 Pandora-Gilboa. Week 2 rematch that Leipsic won 21-14
I'm really interested in this game. Pandora beat Grove by 3 the first week of the year then had 3 losses on the year to really good teams. Lost to Bluffton by 7, Leipsic by 7, and Liberty-Benton by 5.

I watched the WOSN broadcast of the first Pandora/Leipsic game on youtube and it looked like a pretty even game but Pandora busted a couple coverages that led to Leipsic TD's. Leipsic's game-winning TD was actually played well by the Pandora defenders but the ball got tipped in the air and Schroeder caught it to score the go-ahead TD. I think since struggling against Grove and Bluffton, Leipsic put the Schroeder kid back at QB which I think makes them more dangerous.

Should be a fun game. This 8 vs. 9 matchup wouldn't be happening in the old playoff format, which would be a shame because I think both of these teams could get hot and make a run for the region

Agreed, which makes the article more laughable. Travel costs must be tough. ;)
I don’t think travel is a big hurt here.
Last year travel was St. Ed’s, Findlay, Lima
This year Findlay, Brother Rice and St. Mary’s. Then the ford field would take them over a little further than last year.

I think they biggest hit in the long term looking at future finances would be gate. Get in the NLL and you can get a Perrysburg, AW, Whitmer, Clay, Findlay, Northview, Southview, etc. Gate. That’s a way better revenue stream. The big public’s new exactly what they were doing with that. Hurt the gate and possibly kill the programs. Have to schedule all of these out of metropolitan area games and it will eventually catch up.

NO, they won't get into the NLL. Because they'll rename the league. :D

Private school don't seem to travel well in general. It might pick up basketball season at least for the week-end games.

Smart move would be our D1's and maybe our larger D2's joining THEIR league or Saline's. Findlay moves where they belong. Fremont moves where they belong. Lima moves where they belong. And they all become regular one or two game rotating OOC.

Those Whitmer - DCC games were hella good. More of that.

Last edited:
Findlay rejoining the privates would be like putting a spoiled tuna fish sandwich back in the frig hoping that it will taste better after a few more days.
sched.png

That tuna spoiled for a whole season and they still ate it. That certainly looks like "2023" After all the (justified) complaints, these two went ahead and scheduled anyhow. Explain that?

View attachment 48839

That tuna spoiled for a whole season and they still ate it. That certainly looks like "2023" After all the (justified) complaints, these two went ahead and scheduled anyhow. Explain that?
I found it very odd that Findlay agreed to play TCC I can guess that maybe Findlay didn't have any other options? Plus TCC hasn't taken any of Findlay's athletes so animosity isn't has great as it is toward St. John's and St. Francis which has taken a number of non-football athletes.

They play week one next year as well. I was surprised too ! I guess it shows where you stand which after CC is usually a shed.

Last edited:
I don't know why Findlay is still playing TCC in football but I was talking about rejoining the privateS in a league.

I don't know why Findlay is still playing TCC in football but I was talking about rejoining the privateS in a league.
If they're going to schedule them, they're not going to hesitate to play them in a league. Particularly if the current NLL model doesn't meet revenue expectations.