2022 SWBL

Thinking the West is better then a lot of people give credit to them this year. The East was very senior loaded last year and had some nice players. The West was down but most of teams bring some solid players back. Will be interesting to see how the split works out this season record wise.
Well the west won more games against the east tonight then all last season.

Almost all of VV main contributors for this season were on the football team so it’s going to take them a little bit to switch gears but they have the potential to surprise people. Gibbs and Stidham can go create their own shot if they need to, Henson and Valenti will probably be their best players. It’ll be interesting to watch VV for sure.

Almost all of VV main contributors for this season were on the football team so it’s going to take them a little bit to switch gears but they have the potential to surprise people. Gibbs and Stidham can go create their own shot if they need to, Henson and Valenti will probably be their best players. It’ll be interesting to watch VV for sure.
They always have the athletes it seems to compete. Just lost a big time scorer in JT. Late in year they will be a tough opponent for sure. Heard they got a pretty rough schedule as well?

Carlisle 62-60 over Fenwick. Carlisle was undersized but shut the ball really well. Pretty balanced scoring form Indians. Smith had 19 to lead team

Watch out for Madison. Huge win on the home opener and dedication night of coach Jeff Smith court. A very nice win 41-30 over a good Arcanum team that lost to Preble Shawnee 47-40 the night before. Look out for the West this season!

This weeks games

Attachments

• 040D17D5-4098-4D49-95AE-F8DE4084C82C.png
    040D17D5-4098-4D49-95AE-F8DE4084C82C.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 50
I ask this honestly ... am I missing something about Madison here? struggled to beat a franklin team who replaced nearly everyone and is playing without their best player, and didn't really come close against Monroe. I know they're 3-1, but feel like more needs to be seen.

I ask this honestly ... am I missing something about Madison here? struggled to beat a franklin team who replaced nearly everyone and is playing without their best player, and didn't really come close against Monroe. I know they're 3-1, but feel like more needs to be seen.
We will Know more about them after this week, Bethel, Bellbrook, and Preble Shawnee. I watched the DC game vs Madison. Madison controlled it but DC was down two starters. Madison plays hard, but Im with you, need more games to get a good judge.

Brookville Oakwood game anyone watch this game? I saw stats and looked like Maxwell had an off night shooting. 5/16 shooting 0/6 from 3.
Didn’t watch it, but looks like they shut Maxwell down or he just had an off night. He don’t have the help he had last year, so might be a frustrating season for him. Brookvilles new transfer had 31 points.

Throw out DC game and Mohawks only averaging 39pts. If they for real they'll need to generate more offense. We shall see how the next few weeks shake out, but 3-1 start has been a pleasant surprise.

Throw out DC game and Mohawks only averaging 39pts. If they for real they'll need to generate more offense. We shall see how the next few weeks shake out, but 3-1 start has been a pleasant surprise.
If they continue to play defense and rebound like they did this passed weekend specifically Saturday against Arcanum, 39pts per game will be enough!

Tuesday Finals-

Ross 62 Monroe 57 in overtime

Edgewood 55 Franklin 35- Heard this one was ugly with parents getting thrown out.

Waynesville 85 Legacy 52

Madison 42 Bethel 39- another low scoring defensive game for Mohawks.

Bellbrook 75 Eaton 55

Without naming names Franklin has a player/family that is notorious for getting thrown out of games growing up threw the youth program. I’d be happy to share video of a grandfather throwing a full water bottle onto the court from a few years ago

Without naming names Franklin has a player/family that is notorious for getting thrown out of games growing up threw the youth program. I’d be happy to share video of a grandfather throwing a full water bottle onto the court from a few years ago
Oh wow, sounds like some problems then for the Kid involved in program. Its sad that this is part of the kids HS years and his youth.

Monroe just can’t finish. Number 4 had 23 points. He’s our best player. Played his heart out. No one else can’t shoot or drive the basket. Monroe passes the ball too much and throws it away. At some point they’re gonna have to find their identity as a team and where they want this season to go. I think we can win some games but if they don’t get others involved to Help #4 out they won’t get anywhere. They can’t expect him to carry us every game. We beat ourselves in the final 20 seconds of regulation. Had the perfect chance to get it done but like all Monroe teams the past several years can’t figure out how to play together. I’ve been watching many years and they always have one kid who can do it all but have little to no good help around him.

Wildcats are currently in funk and they need to work thru it. They have had injuries and suspensions and a new coaching staff, they just need to be patient .Wildcat fans are spoiled because there have been several years of great Basketball and they are down so there are some short fuses.

I know the game. I was the site manager and he sat there and watched as I had to clean it up in front of him. He left before I had the pleasure of kicking him out!