2022 SWBL

Crazy Horse

How does everyone feel about upcoming season? Carlisle was at Bluffton shootout today and won it. I know they beat Arcanum twice. Carlisle brings back everyone this season, They should be very good in the West and would have to be favorites. There has been some coaching changes and some seniors that were very solid graduated. My thoughts feel free to throw in scores and shootout info.

EAST-

Oakwood- has to be favorite with Maxwell coming back. losing Wright will hurt a little with a few other seniors gone. will be an interesting team to watch.

Bellbrook- should be solid as well bring back Labensky, Webb is another nice option they will have.

Franklin- Who knows they lost a ton of talent and a great coach. I think they will be down this season until new coach gets established. Might take a year.

Monroe- Lost Hitchcock to graduation. Bring back Taylor who is a decent guard. lost a lot of seniors as well.

Waynesville- Mitchell Graduated, Don't know much about them.

WEST-

Carlisle- They Bring back all starters POY Conner Smith and first team Blake Lawson. They should be in position to have a good season.

Eaton- They will be solid again as Ramy Amhed returns along with most of team from last year.

Valley View- Lost leading scorer JT Ferguson. Will be a wild card as they have talent just see how they perform.

Madison- Pendelton graduated, they will be better than last year had a nice few upcoming players.

Brookville- Lightcap is gone will have some room for young guys to step up.

West is bad. East is good like last year. Oakwood will be the favorite in the east Maxwell is the best player in the league. I guess Carlisle in the west. Connor Smith is good. I wasn’t impressed with the two freshman at Carlisle last year. Maybe they had an off day. I expect Franklin to be bad. Bellbrook to fight with Oakwood. Waynesville to be better than expected and Eaton to play well. Valley View is a wild card. Brookeville is the worst team

West is bad. East is good like last year. Oakwood will be the favorite in the east Maxwell is the best player in the league. I guess Carlisle in the west. Connor Smith is good. I wasn’t impressed with the two freshman at Carlisle last year. Maybe they had an off day. I expect Franklin to be bad. Bellbrook to fight with Oakwood. Waynesville to be better than expected and Eaton to play well. Valley View is a wild card. Brookeville is the worst team
West will be better this year than last season, Most of the teams will be competitive this season. Oakwood will be solid with Maxwell fro sure. Carlisle will be tough with Connor, the Two Freshmen were freshman last year but to start and gain valuable experience is key to their success. A freshman to get 1st team is pretty solid. They definitely had some freshman moments, but for majority of season you could see the development.

West will be better this year than last season, Most of the teams will be competitive this season. Oakwood will be solid with Maxwell fro sure. Carlisle will be tough with Connor, the Two Freshmen were freshman last year but to start and gain valuable experience is key to their success. A freshman to get 1st team is pretty solid. They definitely had some freshman moments, but for majority of season you could see the development.
Well the west couldn’t be any worse. The west won one game against the east…somehow it was Brookville. The west was 1-24 against the east

Well the west couldn’t be any worse. The west won one game against the east…somehow it was Brookville. The west was 1-24 against the east
Agree, this season should be more competitive for sure. the East was loaded last year with a lot of seniors with some talent.

Madison could surprise some people. They return some kids that will be seniors that have started since they were sophomores, the big kid was coming on at the end of last season and they brought a couple of sophomores off the bench. They had some good shooters on JV along with some decent size.

Madison could surprise some people. They return some kids that will be seniors that have started since they were sophomores, the big kid was coming on at the end of last season and they brought a couple of sophomores off the bench. They had some good shooters on JV along with some decent size.
I agree on Madison. I think they will be much improved this year. I know the freshmen class thats now Sophmore are a solid group. Dont think they will win the West but they will compete for sure. Basketball season is right around corner. Will be interested to see some of the schools non conference schedules when they come out. I know Carlisle OOC schedule: Fenwick, National Trail, Preble Shawnee, Bethel, Legacy Christian, Middletown Christian, Dayton Christian, Twin Valley South, and Emmanuel Christian

Agree, this season should be more competitive for sure. the East was loaded last year with a lot of seniors with some talent.
OG post is an awful good assessment in my opinion BUCKNUT. West won 2 games against the east last season as Madison beat Waynesville. Oakwood, Bellbrook and Franklin graduated quite a bit and I don't think any of those clubs will be overall as good as they were last season. VV will get their PG back providing he stays healthy in FB, would've been a much different VV team with him on the floor last season. I see Carlisle, Madison and Eaton all coming back improved and better in depth. Brookville is extremely well coached and always play their guts out, not sure what they'll have though in terms of Jimmy's and Joe's. I look for it to be an awful fun hoop season!

SWBL has changed so much with how the east and west are split. I think I heard more teams join next year? Like Edgewood?
Stays the same for this upcoming season 22/23. It will change the following season 23/24. Right now splits are uneven. The crossovers will not count as league games when this happens. I know they are looking for another school just don’t know if it’s possible this late in game.

East
Edgewood
Talawanda
Ross
Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe

West
Oakwood
Valley View
Eaton
Madison
Carlisle
Brookville
Waynesville

Stays the same for this upcoming season 22/23. It will change the following season 23/24. Right now splits are uneven. The crossovers will not count as league games when this happens. I know they are looking for another school just don’t know if it’s possible this late in game.

East
Edgewood
Talawanda
Ross
Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe

West
Oakwood
Valley View
Eaton
Madison
Carlisle
Brookville
Waynesville
Did they announce that Talawanda was joining? Last I heard, it was only Ross and Edgewood.

Did they announce that Talawanda was joining? Last I heard, it was only Ross and Edgewood.
Yeah heard it’s a done deal. At least that’s what I was told by a good source. They need another team to make it 7 and 7 makes scheduling a lot easier.

With a lot of teams still in Football I wonder how this will effect the teams? Should be interesting, I know most of the smaller schools will have some athletes still in football and might be in it for a couple weeks.

With a lot of teams still in Football I wonder how this will effect the teams? Should be interesting, I know most of the smaller schools will have some athletes still in football and might be in it for a cou
Typically schools give the fall athletes up to a week to "try-out" for winter sports after their season has concluded. Lets be honest though, most of the winter coaches know where these fall athletes fall in the pecking order of freshman, JV, and Varsity teams.

What is scrimmages looking like this week, if any? I know Carlisle is at home with Talawanda Wednesday. Friday Carlisle is at Franklin Monroe.

Carlisle scrimmaged Talawanda tonight. Carlisle had some bright spots and some things to work on. overall for first scrimmage they looked good. Every Quarter was competitive. think almost all of the 5 quarters played was within a bucket. think final after 5 was 66-65. both teams subbed a bunch trying to see what they have for the season.

Carlisle scrimmaged Talawanda tonight. Carlisle had some bright spots and some things to work on. overall for first scrimmage they looked good. Every Quarter was competitive. think almost all of the 5 quarters played was within a bucket. think final after 5 was 66-65. both teams subbed a bunch trying to see what they have for the season.
Franklin scrimmaged Fairborn Monday and as usual their were some good things and also revealed things that they need to work on. Played 5 qtrs and the Cats showed great hustle.