2022 SWBL

Without naming names Franklin has a player/family that is notorious for getting thrown out of games growing up threw the youth program. I’d be happy to share video of a grandfather throwing a full water bottle onto the court from a few years ago
I don’t know the dynamics there at Franklin with the current group of kids/parents but do recall in the football chat this year that there were a lot of complaints about the kids kind of acting out at games. I will say without calling specific kids out from Franklin that when we played them last Friday that there was a kid that was calling my son who is black a n****r on several occasions through the game. That is taking things too far and that kid is lucky he didn’t get his lip split. I hope they go winless!

Without naming names Franklin has a player/family that is notorious for getting thrown out of games growing up threw the youth program. I’d be happy to share video of a grandfather throwing a full water bottle onto the court from a few years ago
This age group of Franklin parents are bad. I have seen it firsthand. I have seen this grandfather in action and have seen other parents threaten to fight parents from other teams. Because of their antics, some of the kids play dirty and have hurt kids from other teams. They see it as a badge of honor as being the 'hard-nosed, tough kid."

It was bad enough at a junior high basketball game one time at Franklin that a parent from the cheerleading squad was ejected in the middle of the game by the officials. That was the height of embarrassment in my opinion.

This age group of Franklin parents are bad. I have seen it firsthand. I have seen this grandfather in action and have seen other parents threaten to fight parents from other teams. Because of their antics, some of the kids play dirty and have hurt kids from other teams. They see it as a badge of honor as being the 'hard-nosed, tough kid."

It was bad enough at a junior high basketball game one time at Franklin that a parent from the cheerleading squad was ejected in the middle of the game by the officials. That was the height of embarrassment in my opinion.
I was recently speaking with a friend who coaches Jr High on the West division. They had nothing but horrible things to say about the Franklin parents and coaches. They actively were harassing players before and after the game. It's embarrassing.

Monroe beats Brookville 64-48.☺️ Taylor had 23 points again.😎 Monroe finally started shooting the ball well thank god!🤠 Brookville couldn’t buy a basket jeez.🥱 Up next for us is Edgewood tomorrow at 5 at Monroe. GO HORNETS buzz buzz!🐝

Last edited:
Madison lost 56-46, got stretched out with foul shots. Bellbrook probably kept their average from 3 at about 50%. We lost but are for real!

Oakwood 40 Carlisle 37: very strong defense from both squads. Was a fun game to watch but very ugly at times as well. Maxwell had 24 to lead all scorers. They go as he does.

Waynesville picks off Eaton 41-40. Eaton will be a little short handed the next couple of games. Player ejected for 2 techs

Friday finals-
Oakwood 40 Carlisle 37
Bellbrook 56 Madison 46
Monroe 64- Brookville 48
Waynesville 41 Eaton 40

looks like East division came back a little tonight. For the year it’s 8-4 East advantage right now. Think it will be around .500 when all is said in done.

Madison lost 56-46, got stretched out with foul shots. Bellbrook probably kept their average from 3 at about 50%. We lost but are for real!
Real question, not hating! Preble beat them by 26 and it seems like it could have been worse. Preble that good? Madison just for real in the SWBL East?

Real question, not hating! Preble beat them by 26 and it seems like it could have been worse. Preble that good? Madison just for real in the SWBL East?
I'm with you on this as well. Not being disrespectful at all but "for real" to me is a team that will win their division/league and is a 15+ win team, for potential to beat good teams in the tournament. Not sure that's Madison. I consider them a .500 type team. Carlisle heavy favorite in that division even at 1-2 right now imo. Madison doesn't play until Eaton this Friday and from the sounds of it Eaton won't have their best player?
Monroe is playing well, they had a good weekend. Oakwood has Maxwell, but he lost so much of the supporting cast it's making it difficult for him, good win for them over Carlisle Friday,

Tough job for the Valley View young head coach, your first game is Tuesday and everyone else has played 3 - 6 games.
I agree, but why wait so long to start playing games? Not every basketball player plays football. You have JV players that could step in. The lost 3 weeks ago.

My take early on as I’ve only seen a few teams so far. East will go through Bellbrook, they seem to be more complete team than Oakwood. Oakwood probably has best player in conference in Maxwell but has little help around him. Waynesville is a contender, the game I saw against Carlisle they were not very good offensively. But in other games they seem to score it well. Might have been an off night.

The West will be Carlisle’s if they continue to play the way they have the first 4 games. They started season with 4 solid teams and some of the best competition on their schedule. 2-2 and all good games except Waynesville, Carlisle totally controlled. Now with that being said Eaton will be solid. From what I’m hearing is Ramy is out next two games that puts them into a disadvantage.

Shawnee beating Madison is to be expected as Madison has no player that can score it like Shrout or take the game over. Madison struggles offensively but the boys do play hard and hustle. They run into a team that can score it pretty well they struggle to keep up.

Brookville is unknown lost some games I figured they would win and beat Oakwood who I thought would handle them easy. I will see them Friday night.

I agree, but why wait so long to start playing games? Not every basketball player plays football. You have JV players that could step in. The lost 3 weeks ago.
I’ve heard VV has 7 kids on Varsity Roster or that will play. Honestly I think all of them played football. Germantown loves their Football and is a football town. Most boys over there play football and are multi sports players.

This weeks schedule

Attachments

• 09C59102-A239-46B8-BF00-D9CB810A8B95.png
    09C59102-A239-46B8-BF00-D9CB810A8B95.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 26
Size got us despite Preble only having 7 total fouls in the whole game. Calls didn’t beat us but didn’t help. Madison didn’t play well.

Monroe wins 55-44. Neither team could shoot well. VV pulled within 6 at 47-41 in the last 3 mins but could never get anything going. Not our best performance but a wins a win. Up next for Monroe is a trip to Oakwood this Friday. GO HORNETS buzz buzz.🐝

Oakwood takes down Waynesville by 11ish. 4 point game going into the 4th. Oakwood strong down the stretch after a couple Waynesville kids fouled out

Tuesday finals-

Brookville 77 National Trail 40
Monroe 55 Valley View 44
Talawanda 52 Eaton 43
CJ 74 Bellbrook 32
Oakwood 58 Waynesville 46

I'm with you on this as well. Not being disrespectful at all but "for real" to me is a team that will win their division/league and is a 15+ win team, for potential to beat good teams in the tournament. Not sure that's Madison. I consider them a .500 type team. Carlisle heavy favorite in that division even at 1-2 right now imo. Madison doesn't play until Eaton this Friday and from the sounds of it Eaton won't have their best player?
Monroe is playing well, they had a good weekend. Oakwood has Maxwell, but he lost so much of the supporting cast it's making it difficult for him, good win for them over Carlisle Friday,

Madison struggles shooting the ball. Obviously they play good D but in order to take the next step forward they need to shoot better.

It will be difficult for Shawnee to win their league with Tri-Village in it but it is not impossible.

Maxwell could have off nights last year because of the talent around him. Now he needs to carry the team every night.

I think gor area fans an interesting game to watch will be Shawnee-Oakwood at Flyin' to the Hoop

They lost Nov. 25. They had tryouts Nov. 29 and 30 but according to state rules the football players could take a week off if desired. That would take them to Dec. 2 so there playing with less then 2 weeks of practice and the football players have had no scrimmages. When your top players are all football players that hurts