2022 EBC

Serious question who does everyone think West Branches biggest threat in region 13 is. In my honest opinion it is likely Mooney or Canton South. Mooney because they play a tough schedule and won't be intimidated. Canton South because it's a team that may be able to score with West Branch. That win for Carrollton was huge because without a win against Salem or West Branch they may not of made the playoffs.
Canton South is good but they're not on that level this year, probably would have wound up 4th in the EBC had they stayed. Ironically, I think Salem is the team most equipped to hang with them and they could end up playing week 2 of the playoffs. I can only imagine what that atmosphere would be like

With Jackson graduating, why would Ron stay?

It's not that he's done a bad job with this program but what more growth is there with him at the helm? He'll leave it better than he found it, but it's time to allow someone the opportunity to grow this program in a way that Johnson has failed to do.

It's not that he's done a bad job with this program but what more growth is there with him at the helm? He'll leave it better than he found it, but it's time to allow someone the opportunity to grow this program in a way that Johnson has failed to do.
It's not growth you'll get after he leaves, it's a drastic fall off. Don't get me wrong the guy can be a bit much at times but he's the best possible person Salem is going to get for the job. It's not an appealing job, not an attractive town or school district, and it's not a historic powerhouse with some sort of recent fall off waiting to be rebirthed. I said it earlier in this thread but some of you Salem posters have been spoiled by how competitive the teams have been over the last decade and are in line for a ride awakening if Ron Jon does decide to ride off into the sunset

Serious question who does everyone think West Branches biggest threat in region 13 is. In my honest opinion it is likely Mooney or Canton South. Mooney because they play a tough schedule and won't be intimidated. Canton South because it's a team that may be able to score with West Branch. That win for Carrollton was huge because without a win against Salem or West Branch they may not of made the playoffs.
Since Ursuline is no longer in the region, and Girard's QB is out for the season, maybe Beaver Local? Nobody really stands out in that region IMO.

Since Ursuline is no longer in the region, and Girard's QB is out for the season, maybe Beaver Local? Nobody really stands out in that region IMO.
You must not know anything about the backup QB for Girard. I'm not saying they beat West Branch, but still feel they will be final 4 in the region

You must not know anything about the backup QB for Girard. I'm not saying they beat West Branch, but still feel they will be final 4 in the region
I’m a Ytown guy but Region 13 is pretty weak. I like WB here and think they should run through it. There are D5 and D6 regions that would run region 13. Namely reg 17, 19, 21, and 26.

I’m a Ytown guy but Region 13 is pretty weak. I like WB here and think they should run through it. There are D5 and D6 regions that would run region 13. Namely reg 17, 19, 21, and 26.
Sorry, not reg 26 but reg 24. MarionLocal is a machine.

I’m a Ytown guy but Region 13 is pretty weak. I like WB here and think they should run through it. There are D5 and D6 regions that would run region 13. Namely reg 17, 19, 21, and 26
Yes, West Branch is the favorite, and the region is weak. I'm just bringing up the point just because Girard lost their starting QB, that they do have a good plan B at the position.

I still think Canton South may be West Branches biggest threat because the Canton South quarterback is legit and can really score. Do I think they win that game no but I could see a 49-38 type game.

You don’t see a lot of great coaches leaving the program and it improving. Coach Johnson leaving would be a huge hurdle and the talent coming up is highly questionable. Also anyone thinking he is leaving is insane, what does he have better to do?

Typically when the talent leaves, the coach goes with it. It happens every day in every sport at the HS level.

And I suppose his something better to do would be follow Jackson to the college ranks? For as great of a coach that he is, his resume would be a sure thing at the college level, no?

It's not growth you'll get after he leaves, it's a drastic fall off. Don't get me wrong the guy can be a bit much at times but he's the best possible person Salem is going to get for the job. It's not an appealing job, not an attractive town or school district, and it's not a historic powerhouse with some sort of recent fall off waiting to be rebirthed. I said it earlier in this thread but some of you Salem posters have been spoiled by how competitive the teams have been over the last decade and are in line for a ride awakening if Ron Jon does decide to ride off into the sunset
I remember when they started out playing in the AAC and struggled to get points and got blown out almost every week. They’re miles better than they have been, I do also think getting rid of him wouldn’t be a good look unless you had a very very good proven coach to come in. Also I’m not sure how good his staff is, and if he leaves do they leave as well

It is a lot weaker than normal this year, region 21s winner would win all of those regions very easily with kirtland, but WB can absolutley beat every team that are in those other regions. SR in 17 is very very good, but they wouldn’t roll over WB, they would be in a shootout, and I would probably take the better Qb at WB if it came down to it

Big game this week is WB/Carrollton. Carrollton is a very tough team, but so is West Branch. WB is much more explosive and diverse offensively and are no longer a one man show. Some sophomores are really coming through, Mullinex is a good running back. I could be way off but I really don't think Carrollton can hang with WB. If Carrollton can play keep away and finish long drives with TDs they have a chance but I don't see that happening.vvWB 48 Carrollton 21.

Marlington/Salem could be much closer than everyone thinks. Marlington has played a brutal schedule but Salem will pull away in the 2nd half and win 35-14

Alliance/Minerva will not be a fun game. Alliance will get up early and score often and win 55-0.

WB/Carrollton should be a 3 TD game, but if Carrollton's defense can force a few turnovers, WATCH OUT.

Marlington/Salem could also be a 3 TD game if Salem comes out fired up, but if they play like their season is over, they shouldn't be surprised when they lose a close one.

Alliance/Minerva will be sad. I expect Alliance's starters to come out and make a statement before Goodman pulls the plug on them.

I’ll take WB by at least 3 scores . Will be close till the end when I think WB puts it away

Salem better rebound in a big way Salem by 20 plus

Alliance will win. I have read some good things about Goodman their coach and would think he’ll get plenty of young kid in the game

West Branch
Alliance
Salem
Carrollton. Hope can stay healthy and make a run in playoffs. Getting to that time of year where 1 major injury can stop any team.
im not rooting for injuries btw I hope all these young guys stay healthy and make it though the season.

WB/Carrollton should be a 3 TD game, but if Carrollton's defense can force a few turnovers, WATCH OUT.

Marlington/Salem could also be a 3 TD game if Salem comes out fired up, but if they play like their season is over, they shouldn't be surprised when they lose a close one.

Alliance/Minerva will be sad. I expect Alliance's starters to come out and make a statement before Goodman pulls the plug on them.
I and not a big fan of Johnson but he won't let Salem let down- he is a good seasoned coach and has coached in a lot of big games
I’ll take WB by at least 3 scores . Will be close till the end when I think WB puts it away

Salem better rebound in a big way Salem by 20 plus

Alliance will win. I have read some good things about Goodman their coach and would think he’ll get plenty of young kid in the game

West Branch
Alliance
Salem
Carrollton. Hope can stay healthy and make a run in playoffs. Getting to that time of year where 1 major injury can stop any team.
im not rooting for injuries btw I hope all these young guys stay healthy and make it though the season.
i think Salem can be a dangerous team in Region 13. There may be a chance to have 2 WB/ Salem games this year! Johnson has the ability to put the team on his shoulders and score points in a hurry.
Unfortunately Carrollton is probably not a lock for the playoffs, if they lose to WB they may need some help.

Last edited:
Just got done reading The Morning Journal on line. Johnson is unbelievable. Carrollton averages 8 yards a carry and he still thinks they lost the game because of an argument between the officials. Salem never led in the game, for God's sake. I honestly believe the guy thinks he has never lost a game, always blaming it on bad calls or bad conditions, or whatever excuse he can find. Wouldn't bother me at all if WB hangs 70 on them.
He also said "400 yards rushing is an impressive performance by them and we had 500 yards of offense and never got stopped" Something about this comment rubbed me the wrong way. I believe that Salem had 7 offensive possessions and scored on 4 of them. So they were in fact stopped 3 different times. Something isn't adding up here 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I and not a big fan of Johnson but he won't let Salem let down- he is a good seasoned coach and has coached in a lot of big games

i think Salem can be a dangerous team in Region 13. There may be a chance to have 2 WB/ Salem games this year! Johnson has the ability to put the team on his shoulders and score points in a hurry.
Unfortunately Carrollton is probably not a lock for the playoffs, if they lose to WB they may need some help.
With Carrolltons win versus Salem that 99% clinched them a spot according to Drew Pasteur. They will only be like a 13 or 14 seed but as long as they avoid the 16 and Steuby they could be an upset pick in that region.

He also said "400 yards rushing is an impressive performance by them and we had 500 yards of offense and never got stopped" Something about this comment rubbed me the wrong way. I believe that Salem had 7 offensive possessions and scored on 4 of them. So they were in fact stopped 3 different times. Something isn't adding up here 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Everything about Johnson rubs me the wrong way......in case you haven't already noticed;). Even when he tries to give a compliment he smells like a turd.

Everything about Johnson rubs me the wrong way......in case you haven't already noticed;). Even when he tries to give a compliment he smells like a turd.
He rubs me the wrong way too- but he is a good coach and Salem was terrible when he took over. He has done a good job there.