2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals would be up multiple touchdowns if they could generate a fraction of the pass rush that the Steelers are doing.

Who needs Chase? Joe B. is the man 350 yds., 4 TD's today, even makes back up receivers look good. Hopefully Chase will be back next week without Awuzie, Bengals are going to need to score as many pts. as possible.

joe needs to navigate the pocket better. he shouldn't have that many passes knocked down.

hopefully mixon is good to go. bengals can't have perine as lead back.

jtk
()

I think Perine is okay, but there are no good backups after him right now due to injury.

Is it possible that there are more tipped passes due to the OL actually blocking better?

joe needs to navigate the pocket better. he shouldn't have that many passes knocked down.

jtk
()
Tell me you don't understand football without telling me. Seriously. Burrow was under pressure all game and did a miraculous job navigating a mostly messy pocket, and finding receivers quickly. And some dopes complain that he wasn't perfect.

Guess what, there are 2-3 Pro Bowlers on that defensive line. They are going to make some good plays.

jtk
()
Burrow and Herbert are 1 - 2 in tipped passes could be the way they deliver the football not sure as Herbert is 6'' 6. Early in the year Burrow would hold onto the football longer (move around in the pocket), to preserve his body I think he has been coached to get rid the football quick take less hits. Be nice for Burrow to have a line like KC or Chargers and be able to go through his progressions but he does not have that luxury. When Chase went out there was some so-called experts in the national media saying the Bengals offense would struggle - last 2 games the Bengals have scored 79 pts. and over 850 yds. of offense. I just know this Burrow makes everybody around him a better receiver. Burrow made Uzomah a rich TE how is CJ doing with the Jets - answer 10 receptions this year.

Burrow and Herbert are 1 - 2 in tipped passes could be the way they deliver the football not sure as Herbert is 6'' 6. Early in the year Burrow would hold onto the football longer (move around in the pocket), to preserve his body I think he has been coached to get rid the football quick take less hits. Be nice for Burrow to have a line like KC or Chargers and be able to go through his progressions but he does not have that luxury. When Chase went out there was some so-called experts in the national media saying the Bengals offense would struggle - last 2 games the Bengals have scored 79 pts. and over 850 yds. of offense. I just know this Burrow makes everybody around him a better receiver. Burrow made Uzomah a rich TE how is CJ doing with the Jets - answer 10 receptions this year.
Burrow is a pretty swell QB, no doubt that.
Hopfeully that was just a bad day for the defense as its embarrsing to give up that many to the Stillers NOffense.

Yesterday's win may go a long way in the playoff race.

The Jets (6-4) have three winnable home games left (Bears, Lions, and Jags) but with how bad their offense looked yesterday, they could easily play their way out of contention.

The Pats' (6-4) next 7 games look nearly as tough as the Bengals' final stretch. The Pats-Bengals matchup on Xmas Eve will have huge stakes.

The Chargers (5-5) have lost 3 of their last 4 and will likely have to win a few big games on the road to finish at least 9-8.

Can't see any of the AFC teams with losing records creeping their way back into the pack.

Like the use of Perine on swing passes out of the backfield shed that tackle attempt by the steeler linebacker with ease. Doubt too many NFL db's are willing to take Perine on head-to-head the guy has biceps and legs like an oak tree.

jtk
()
Perine averages like 5 ypc. It's obviously a small sample size and not ideal to roll with a backup but Perine can get the job done. He's already been getting the bulk of snaps when Mixon was off the field.

Tell me you don't understand football without telling me. Seriously. Burrow was under pressure all game and did a miraculous job navigating a mostly messy pocket, and finding receivers quickly. And some dopes complain that he wasn't perfect.

Guess what, there are 2-3 Pro Bowlers on that defensive line. They are going to make some good plays.
please don't question my football knowledge. i made a fair assessment as to what i saw. to say he doesn't get too many passes tipped is silly. it wasn't only the pittsburgh game. i didn't say joe wasn't good, i was just offering some critique. are you trying to tell me pittsburg has a good DL? come on man, that wasnt the first game i've seen. hell i even tortured myself and watched the browns game beforehand.

jtk
()

Perine averages like 5 ypc. It's obviously a small sample size and not ideal to roll with a backup but Perine can get the job done. He's already been getting the bulk of snaps when Mixon was off the field.
i didn't say i didn't like perine, but there's a reason he isn't an every week starter and a situational player. he actually plays to the bengals OL strengths which is more of a power run game, and he does a good job at pass pro. but an every down back. come on man, you're smarter than that.

jtk
()

i didn't say i didn't like perine, but there's a reason he isn't an every week starter and a situational player. he actually plays to the bengals OL strengths which is more of a power run game, and he does a good job at pass pro. but an every down back. come on man, you're smarter than that.

jtk
()
Bingo. That's why I'm not as worried if the Bengals have to roll with Perine for another week as the lead back. Running backs are the most interchangeable pieces offensively in the game right now. If the Bengals were a run-first team, I would be worried, but the offense doesn't go through the running backs, it runs through Burrow and the WRs. They just need a competent running game to keep defenses honest and help open up some play action.

Bingo. That's why I'm not as worried if the Bengals have to roll with Perine for another week as the lead back. Running backs are the most interchangeable pieces offensively in the game right now. If the Bengals were a run-first team, I would be worried, but the offense doesn't go through the running backs, it runs through Burrow and the WRs. They just need a competent running game to keep defenses honest and help open up some play action.
you nailed it. not a bad option for a week or 2 but mixon needs to return soon.

jtk
()

Really like what Irwin has done with his opportunity and Hurst has really turned into a nice safety blanket for Burrow with Chase out.

It's so nice to have a #1b in Higgins as well. Had that bad drop in the 1st half, but that's rare. He's as sure-handed as you get. Almost always catches the ball with his hands away from his body.

Really like what Irwin has done with his opportunity and Hurst has really turned into a nice safety blanket for Burrow with Chase out.

It's so nice to have a #1b in Higgins as well. Had that bad drop in the 1st half, but that's rare. He's as sure-handed as you get. Almost always catches the ball with his hands away from his body.
That sideline catch was simply amazing. And Perrine is an upgrade from Mixon. I firmly believe that.

Burrow has thrown some dimes today.