2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said multiple times on this thread the SWBL is as weak as I’ve ever seen them from top to bottom. Bellbrook and VV being the only credible teams. I love the SWBL but trying to be honest the league was loaded in 2015, 2016,2017 then took a drastic nose dive. Franklin multiple titles multiple playoffs, VV multiple years multiple playoff wins, Brookville 2015 Regional championship, Carlisle multiple titles multiple playoff appearances, madison multiple SWBL titles 11-3 2017, MU multiple playoff wins. The league was loaded with talented teams and players.

Like I said multiple times on this thread the SWBL is as weak as I’ve ever seen them from top to bottom. Bellbrook and VV being the only credible teams. I love the SWBL but trying to be honest the league was loaded in 2015, 2016,2017 then took a drastic nose dive. Franklin multiple titles multiple playoffs, VV multiple years multiple playoff wins, Brookville 2015 Regional championship, Carlisle multiple titles multiple playoff appearances, madison multiple SWBL titles 11-3 2017, MU multiple playoff wins. The league was loaded with talented teams and players.
I think it's just a cycle because I'm hearing that everywhere.

When did football become anything but "play for fun"? These kids have worked their butts off and deserve a full season. Not sure why Madison has ended their season but it's likely due to the rona.
Who told you Madison has ended their season? To my knowledge they will be playing Brookville tomorrow night.

When did football become anything but "play for fun"? These kids have worked their butts off and deserve a full season. Not sure why Madison has ended their season but it's likely due to the rona.
I don’t know if a kid plays a winter sport basketball or wrestling I’d hate to see them get injured and lose out on that for basically a scrimmage game. I know you probably don’t like that but these games are absolutely meaningless, I thought it was ridiculously when they came out with it, if you wanted teams to have 10 games just have a regular season but that’s not a school issue that’s a higher up issue.

I don’t know if a kid plays a winter sport basketball or wrestling I’d hate to see them get injured and lose out on that for basically a scrimmage game. I know you probably don’t like that but these games are absolutely meaningless, I thought it was ridiculously when they came out with it, if you wanted teams to have 10 games just have a regular season but that’s not a school issue that’s a higher up issue.

It's only a meaningless/scrimmage game because they already played a playoff game in a weird year. If two 2-6 teams were playing week 9 during a normal season with no chance at the postseason they wouldn't cancel the game because it was "meaningless". As far as I know, stats and records (win or loss) count as official for postseason awards. I would bet the kids on those teams want to get their 10 games in the same as they would any normal year and I highly doubt they count the opportunity to line up and play a few more times as meaningless or a burden as they think about winter sports.

These games are important for the kids and for the growth of their programs. Yes, they are "meaningless" in the context of playoffs and league titles but the kids deserve to play. Covid has taken enough away from this country and I'm for the kids playing. Less than 1% of kids die from this virus. Plus it's keeping many of them off the streets. Look at the bigger picture. Before expanded playoffs the season would have been meaningless to you as well. But the kids played and loved it.

Brookville posted the stream Link for the Madison game tonight. Looks like it’s still on. *SWBL site doesn’t have all teams complete schedules Joe Eitel does though.

League scores (all non playoff games)
Eaton - 28
Greenville - 6

Franklin - 22
Carlisle - 6

Dixie - 35
Mississinawa Valley - 0

Milton-Union - 32
Defiance - 28

Other games either canceled or postponed till tonight due to weather

Good night for SWBL teams. Milton ran into a decent team in Defiance. They had a swift RB and a couple of good receivers. QB was very accurate. I was impressed with Milton's ability to bend but not break. Special teams won this game for MU in the end by converting all of their 2-pt conversions. Milton really needs to do something about their field. It's horrible.
I would like to see Milton face more WBL or MAC teams.

Good night for SWBL teams. Milton ran into a decent team in Defiance. They had a swift RB and a couple of good receivers. QB was very accurate. I was impressed with Milton's ability to bend but not break. Special teams won this game for MU in the end by converting all of their 2-pt conversions. Milton really needs to do something about their field. It's horrible.
I would like to see Milton face more WBL or MAC teams.
Much tougher game than most anticipated.

Much tougher game than most anticipated.
Milton struggles with teams that can pass the ball. Their, Defiance, success in the mud and slop was impressive. I put them on par with Brookville or Madison. Maybe a little better. The field conditions were a factor in MU and Defiance not stopping some big plays.
Milton will be a VERY good team the next 3 years. All of these kids come back except a very few.

Milton struggles with teams that can pass the ball. Their, Defiance, success in the mud and slop was impressive. I put them on par with Brookville or Madison. Maybe a little better. The field conditions were a factor in MU and Defiance not stopping some big plays.
Milton will be a VERY good team the next 3 years. All of these kids come back except a very few.
A muddy field can be the ultimate equalizer. Milton has speed and if that game was played on turf I think Milton wins by 2 TDs

Brookville beats Madison 42-0 yikes I was told most of Brookville’s seniors didn’t even play, This confirms my thinking that Carlisle and Madison are in big trouble with the new SWBL because Eaton is on the up they will never beat Brookville or VV in football and crossover games besides Oakwood will be ugly.

Brookville beats Madison 42-0 yikes I was told most of Brookville’s seniors didn’t even play, This confirms my thinking that Carlisle and Madison are in big trouble with the new SWBL because Eaton is on the up they will never beat Brookville or VV in football and crossover games besides Oakwood will be ugly.
Why didn't the seniors play? Milton scrimmaged Brookville and they must have improved dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.