2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valley View - 16
Indian Hill - 21
Halftime

VV discipline issues gift wrapped IH 30 yards on a TD drive right before half. That drive for IH came right after VV botched a short FG attempt.

What a game in Indian Hill tonight! Fun to watch ... great facilities and atmosphere (even with the COVID limitations). Looking forward to heading down to Wyoming next Saturday night. Kids played hard and seem to be really having fun this year

Good luck to both.
I have:
Bellbrook 42, Ross 29
Valley View 28, Wyoming 18

I'm going one further and pick Bellbrook to play for a state title vs. Chardon.
Valley View will run into trouble with Clinton Massie.
Milton at Carlisle will be a barn-burner. I think Milton knowing this is their last SWBL game will want to go out with a win. MU by a td.

Last edited:
Good luck to both.
I have:
Bellbrook 42, Ross 29
Valley View 28, Wyoming 18

I'm going one further and pick Bellbrook to play for a state title vs. Chardon.
Valley View will run into trouble with Clinton Massie.
Milton at Carlisle will be a barn-burner. I think Milton knowing this is their last SWBL game will want to go out with a win. MU by a td.

I think BB might beat Ross, but they are going to have a hard time stopping them. Ross is HUGE up front with one DI commit and a junior who will likely to go DI next year. They run the triple really well and we know that is hard to prepare for. Ross has only punted 4 times all year. If BB wins I think they will have to outscore Ross. I wouldn't be surprised to see a score in the 49-42 range regardless of who wins.

I expected to see both Bellbrook and Valley View win last week, although I did think Indian Hill would be a tough win for the Spartans. This week is a whole new set of challenges. For Bellbrook, I think Ross is the first team that has the ability to beat them in the playoffs. They can score and make things interesting against the Eagles. For Valley View, this week is much like last week. Wyoming will be a tall challenge with another quality offense and QB to deal with. I expect this to be a coin flip game, maybe a slight edge to Wyoming.

I believe Madison was suppose to play Waynesville this week. Madison went to remote learning today for two weeks and cancelled all extra curricular activities for the week so no football game

Some had injuries but I was told by a Brookville parent that 8 of the 11 seniors didn’t play the QB was one of them.
Some had injuries but I was told by a Brookville parent that 8 of the 11 seniors didn’t play the QB was one of them.
Just to clarify about the Brookville seniors....I know first hand as my son is one of the 11. Two quit right after playoff loss (QB was one of them due to preparing for basketball), three are injured, six are remaining to play. These six played vs Madison and they will play their final game at home this Friday.

Has there been any confirmation on the Madison Waynesville game?
I was told by a Waynesville football mom team was told of Madison cancellation and their 15 seniors relieved. Many of them weren’t feeling another game after their sad playoff loss. Seems their season ended last weekend too.

What's everyone's thoughts on Bellbrook vs. Ross and Valley View vs. Wyoming in the Regional Semi-Finals?

I've had a chance to see all 4 teams this season and I think both of these games are likely nail-biters.

I'll take both Ross and Valley View in tight games that can go either way and I think both have the possibility to be high scoring games.

Wyoming game makes me nervous, I don’t know how fresh last years thumping is in the mind of the returning VV players and how it’s affecting their mentality. The coaches will have an excellent game plan but execution will be on the players. They can’t afford to play tight.

Wyoming game makes me nervous, I don’t know how fresh last years thumping is in the mind of the returning VV players and how it’s affecting their mentality. The coaches will have an excellent game plan but execution will be on the players. They can’t afford to play tight.
no Prater this year

I watched some film on Wyoming. I was more concerned last week vs. Indian Hill than I am about Wyoming. I'm not saying Wyoming can't win, but I don't think they're quite as dynamic offensively. Specifically they aren't as dynamic at the QB position. Indian Hill had speed at the skill positions but also at the QB position. Wyoming's QB looks to be not as strong of a passer or runner. They do have good skill players at WR and RB. Indian Hill would get to the edge with jet sweeps, rolling their QB, etc. I think Wyoming is more likely to run right at you with their RB with a little jet sweep action. I anticipate that Wyoming has a strong defense and will look to run more of the power spread run at Valley View.

It'll be a very close game, probably a lower scoring game. I think Valley View wins something like 21-14.

Status
Not open for further replies.