2020 Presidential Race

I’ve shredded you and you’re mad . You’re dumb , add zero to any discussion and are a freaky troll who is as clever as Fredo C. Is this a serious forum ? Who cares . Not me .
How have you shredded me? You have nothing, you're an empty vessel like Old Joe. And you do care because you can't stop responding to me. Tick tick tick...

Saying a race will tighten three months out in politics isn’t a hedge you moron . You really are an idiot aren’t you ?
If Trump is such an epic failure, there is no way the race will tighten. So which is it? You post every day how bad he is, yet you always hedge. You're a spineless douche.

Did POTUS announce his big healthcare plan yet? Today was his self-imposed deadline. I’m sure he can provide details from the golf course, right?

If Trump is such an epic failure, there is no way the race will tighten. So which is it? You post every day how bad he is, yet you always hedge. You're a spineless douche.

He has failed , that is clear , but he has a base that supports him no matter what . Then he has rich conservatives who only care about taxes and deregulation. Then he is pro life (. Now anyway wasn’t always ) and will get religious one issue voters . So no matter how badly he’s failed he gets a certain percentage of votes from
The aforementioned groups and just people who always vote R.

He is behind in polls now because the country is doing poorly and he has done a terrible job handling the corona virus and is seen as having incompetent advisers . People vote party no matter what and there is only two . He has lost support in the suburbs with white voters and with Seniors which I think will cost him the election and may cost the party the senate . Spineless ? Do you know politics at all ? I know you’re calling the election now and you should get an online betting account and lay the wood with Trump if you’re confident . Things can change and often do the last few months before a general election , but they won’t change because he will suddenly become a better more effective leader . These are way things are now . It doesn’t look good but you thinking you need to make a definitive judgement now in a general election ? That’s what people like you do . You have no idea what you’re talking about and don’t know politics at all . You’re embarrassing yourself . EC even knows it

Last edited:
He has failed , that is clear , but he has a base that supports him no matter what . Then he has rich conservatives who only care about taxes and deregulation. Then he is pro life (. Now anyway wasn’t always ) and will get religious one issue voters . So no matter how badly he’s failed he gets a certain percentage of votes from
The aforementioned groups and just people who always vote R.

He is behind in polls now because the country is doing poorly and he has done a terrible job handling the corona virus and is seen as having incompetent advisers . People vote party no matter what and there is only two . He has lost support in the suburbs with white voters and with Seniors which I think will cost him the election and may cost the party the senate . Spineless ? Do you know politics at all ? I know you’re calling the election now and you should get an online betting account and lay the wood with Trump if you’re confident .
You seem to have a gambling problem. You also don't sound so sure of your position. Polls don't mean much as 2016 proved. Yes I do know a fair amount about politics and I know you're scared and rightly so.

You seem to have a gambling problem. You also don't sound so sure of your position. Polls don't mean much as 2016 proved. Yes I do know a fair amount about politics and I know you're scared and rightly so.

Gambling problem ? More like gambling living it’s what I do .( one of the things ) . You have no clue . . Anyway your crutch of 2016 is just that . Scared of what ? I’m fine no matter who wins . I think the country has suffered because this guy was here during this crisis and a majority feels the same way . . Terrible leader and incompetent . He’s in trouble and you haven’t given
Me any real things he can run on at this point. Scared ? Pretty confident at the moment .

Gambling problem ? More like gambling living it’s what I do .( one of the things ) . You have no clue . . Anyway your crutch of 2016 is just that . Scared of what ? I’m fine no matter who wins . I think the country has suffered because this guy was here during this crisis and a majority feels the same way . . Terrible leader and incompetent . He’s in trouble and you haven’t given
Me any real things he can run on at this point. Scared ? Pretty confident at the moment .
Except when you get called out on a bet. How is 2016 a crutch? Everyone doubted him then and he won. When people see Joe debate and that he has nothing to offer and is a shell of a person, they'll do the right thing. It is all unfolding, the Left has been losing their minds since Trump won and have done everything they could to undermine him at every turn. Russia, impeachment, riots, a pandemic and he is still going to win. I know that burns your . People are being quiet, sitting back and watching what the Left has to offer, which is nothing. Nov is coming... The ultimate thing is Trump isn't Biden.

I handicap sports mainly . Not whether or some wimpy dude takes calls from Tulsa or not . Not 2016 . People did doubt he would get enough votes to win last time . He got 3 million less but won a few key states by small margins. No one really knew how he would do as President and certainly didn’t think he would be a guy who would tweet and golf more than work . And be this incompetent . Virus is not under control and the economy is in rough shape .The majority of the country has no doubt that he has failed to lead and has been a bad President . How do you think he gains more support ? He may lose the white vote at this rate .

I handicap sports mainly . Not whether or some wimpy dude takes calls from Tulsa or not . Not 2016 . People did doubt he would get enough votes to win last time . He got 3 million less but won a few key states by small margins. No one really knew how he would do as President and certainly didn’t think he would be a guy who would tweet and golf more than work . And be this incompetent . Virus is not under control and the economy is in rough shape .The majority of the country has no doubt that he has failed to lead and has been a bad President . How do you think he gains more support ? He may lose the white vote at this rate .
AHNC

Hey ECLB . LBF , the mascot , wimpy kid who entered HS at 96 pounds? When did break three bills wimp ? .
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Taken seriously ? Here as a minority in a right wing echo chamber ? Yes that’s important to ne. . You stay in a safe space . You guys just go 4 on one because you’re wimpy fellsrs . What are guy doing up so late ? You got a company to run. Little wimpy kids get to run company’s , Going Ha a bunch of times is a little kid thing . Stay safe in your majority EC with your dad protecting you . Where is he by the way wimpy . Real class act the worm is

This isn't anywhere near what the Trump administration has been saying since this started . Oh that's right . Panic quelling . So are you admitting that this administration has been lying to us all along? LOL . A couple EC luminary's who are rumored to be members of Mensa told us about 7 weeks ago that ' THIS" { Pandemic in this country } is pretty much over " . So now it's always been inevitable that we will have 500,000 deaths ? That last WH Corona task force estimate after mitigation was 100,000 to 200000 , possibly getting to 250,000 . This isn't personal to you SWC , I know you're just relaying some info , and I hope this isn't going to be accurate . I think may be we could have handled this a little bit better . I know some don't agree because they want to defend the administration at all costs and want four more years of this bullchit , but hopefully some things change in a few months. There is no question that Trump was hoping only mostly Blue Northeastern states were affected in a significant way , and that the virus would float away by May and he could spend the rest of the campaign having rallies and blaming Democratic states .

Cults of personality and populism have proven to be a really strong movement , but it seems to be waning a bit . Hopefully that trend continues.

Fauci was predicting a minor inconvenience in the early days and very few deaths. He was wrong. Trump listened to Fauci and also needed to convince the American people that there was no real danger to avoid panic. If you think Biden (or ANY politician) would have made any difference in the response you should keep taking what you are taking because you have no business trying to deal with reality.

Fauci can look at it from a purely clinical assessment and state that we CAN limit the outcome of any virus pandemic if we only quarantine everyone 100% of the time needed for exposure and recovery (if someone ALWAYS lives or dies within 30 days of exposure) and is "safe" 10 days after recovery. Close the country, seal everyone in their homes for 45 days and the virus is gone. That works with a small population but a nation of 330M of free people and not so much.

Panicked morons buy all of the toilet paper, clear out the ground beef, soup, etc. They don't work, they don't pay taxes, they don't send kids to school. We can see the influence and fears of morons every day. So there has to be a little calming influence, unfortunately for America, the guy charged with being the calming influence is Trump. Half of the elected officials in Washington, 90% of the press, and 100% of the Hollywood idiots detest Trump and so anything said to calm fears is immediately cast as a lie. 90% of the crap Obama spewed regarding the recession was 110% bullshyte, yet the press went along with it - the same can be said of half the works of FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, Ford, Clinton, GW Bush..... Never mind that Presidents from George Washington on down have tried to calm the morons by projecting what they would like to see, whether that was realistic or not.

Just like FDR when briefed about the upcoming D-Day and Truman when briefed on the plans to invade Japan you look at the numbers and are appalled. But the people doing that planning have done the math. If you understand that, then the panic is stupid. If you want to go back and look at the projections, no one was saying that we would be able to keep deaths under 50K, it was 50K by Memorial Day, it was 100K by 4th of July...... It's 200K by Labor Day..... without a vaccine, everyone eventually gets this and they will live or die. There's not a thing that can be done to change that, the only question is timing. The question no one is addressing is if the disease does NOT produce long-term antibodies - how does a vaccine save anyone? In 1918, they attempted to slow the progression but eventually around 60% of the global population was infected with the virus (so 1.2B of nearly 2B people) and a death toll of around 50-100M. What stopped it was not face masks, social distancing, a vaccine, or a specific treatment - we reached global herd immunity. That is what we are looking at and all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Real epidemiologists have run the numbers, we cannot close the planet, face masks, social distancing, etc. flattens the curve -which means prolongs the inevitable. It doesn't eliminate anything, it just lengthens the time period. Thinking about 500K Americans dying in a single year is appalling, but if you knew we could drag it out to 2-3 years does that make the number any less appalling? If it is inevitable, other than protection of our medical industry, why wait?

Fauci was predicting a minor inconvenience in the early days and very few deaths. He was wrong. Trump listened to Fauci and also needed to convince the American people that there was no real danger to avoid panic. If you think Biden (or ANY politician) would have made any difference in the response you should keep taking what you are taking because you have no business trying to deal with reality.

Fauci can look at it from a purely clinical assessment and state that we CAN limit the outcome of any virus pandemic if we only quarantine everyone 100% of the time needed for exposure and recovery (if someone ALWAYS lives or dies within 30 days of exposure) and is "safe" 10 days after recovery. Close the country, seal everyone in their homes for 45 days and the virus is gone. That works with a small population but a nation of 330M of free people and not so much.

Panicked morons buy all of the toilet paper, clear out the ground beef, soup, etc. They don't work, they don't pay taxes, they don't send kids to school. We can see the influence and fears of morons every day. So there has to be a little calming influence, unfortunately for America, the guy charged with being the calming influence is Trump. Half of the elected officials in Washington, 90% of the press, and 100% of the Hollywood idiots detest Trump and so anything said to calm fears is immediately cast as a lie. 90% of the crap Obama spewed regarding the recession was 110% bullshyte, yet the press went along with it - the same can be said of half the works of FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, Ford, Clinton, GW Bush..... Never mind that Presidents from George Washington on down have tried to calm the morons by projecting what they would like to see, whether that was realistic or not.

Just like FDR when briefed about the upcoming D-Day and Truman when briefed on the plans to invade Japan you look at the numbers and are appalled. But the people doing that planning have done the math. If you understand that, then the panic is stupid. If you want to go back and look at the projections, no one was saying that we would be able to keep deaths under 50K, it was 50K by Memorial Day, it was 100K by 4th of July...... It's 200K by Labor Day..... without a vaccine, everyone eventually gets this and they will live or die. There's not a thing that can be done to change that, the only question is timing. The question no one is addressing is if the disease does NOT produce long-term antibodies - how does a vaccine save anyone? In 1918, they attempted to slow the progression but eventually around 60% of the global population was infected with the virus (so 1.2B of nearly 2B people) and a death toll of around 50-100M. What stopped it was not face masks, social distancing, a vaccine, or a specific treatment - we reached global herd immunity. That is what we are looking at and all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Real epidemiologists have run the numbers, we cannot close the planet, face masks, social distancing, etc. flattens the curve -which means prolongs the inevitable. It doesn't eliminate anything, it just lengthens the time period. Thinking about 500K Americans dying in a single year is appalling, but if you knew we could drag it out to 2-3 years does that make the number any less appalling? If it is inevitable, other than protection of our medical industry, why wait?
Agree with your take on why delay the inevitable. The New York city numbers are vastly improved over a couple months ago. They either got really serious about handling it or it burned itself out taking so many of the "ripe" lives that were soon going to expire anyway. To me the obvious answer is the latter.

One area I wish Trump would stop hammering is on the blame for the spread of the virus. He says it could have been very easily stopped. Really?
First the Chinesee did not know what they were dealing with until it was already "out of the box".

We had the advantage of knowing it was on it's way here and could not contain it or stop the spread, same as every other country. So stop pretending it could have been prevented very easily, when zero countries have prevented it from spreading to them.

Stop the spread by allowing the spread. I have been for this model since day one, and only Sweeden seems to have decided on going this route. The way we are doing it is we are expending vast resources trying to wall off the virus. Trying to prevent spread of a virus that is at present more adept at spreading than we are at stopping the spread. In business trying to prevent the inevitable is almost always a death nail to prosperity, as too many resources get consumed fighting something that is not preventable.

It won't be long until Florida and Texas look like they have got it figured out and numbers begin vastly improving. Then Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio etc. will be up next.

We continue to rape our economy for something unstoppable, and not real detrimental from overall health standpoint. Serious, to be sure with some lasting organ damage in a few who get it bad but do not succumb to it. For most everyone else, full recovery with no long term lasting effects seems the rule.

Yet we will fight on trying to prevent even one death of a 98 year old with heart disease and kidney failure from acquiring it and passing a month earlier than if the virus did not arrive. My step mom is locked away in "jail" since March. We talk on the phone but have not physically touched since March. In May she told me she never thought she would be locked away from the world at age 88. She said she would prefer to go on living life and accept the possible consequences for contracting the virus rather than have her family off limits for who knows how long. Her health is not great, and I have no doubt virus or no virus her experation date is within two years due to dementia. But some see it differently, and see each day of existence as some kind of victory. I have long said when I no longer can make a meaningful difference in the lives of my family and community, I do not want to linger and be a burden.

A quote concerning inevitable situations:

"Doing nothing or doing something will both end at the same place, just one a bit later and in much worse shape from the fight".

...and trump is doing everything possible to throw chaos into voting, voting by mail and well any americans voting. His strategy is to not have people vote...because the polling is BRUTAL.
How is having polls open stopping people from voting? Shutting down the polls as the left wants discourages voting.

The lefts policies are what is brutal.

There is no way the Leftists allow Goofy Joe anywhere near a debate stage.

There's one way--
joe biden those are the hard questions ill be asking here are the answers media

Last 4 North Carolina polls: Biden +4, Biden +3, Biden +7, Biden +4

CBS had a poll out yesterday showing Biden up 48-44. That’s tough for an incumbent: Trump hasn’t been above 46 in an NC poll since April.

He didn't seem to excite anyone in the primaries.

In a large field of candidates anyone who didn’t get off to a great start was doomed. He was also the victim of the democrats primary system which puts two very non diverse states first. Outside of Obama it’s been a death sentence for minority candidates over the years

In a large field of candidates anyone who didn’t get off to a great start was doomed. He was also the victim of the democrats primary system which puts two very non diverse states first. Outside of Obama it’s been a death sentence for minority candidates over the years
Sure sounds like excuses...

Last 4 North Carolina polls: Biden +4, Biden +3, Biden +7, Biden +4

CBS had a poll out yesterday showing Biden up 48-44. That’s tough for an incumbent: Trump hasn’t been above 46 in an NC poll since April.
As much of a disaster as you guys claim Trump is that's bad for Biden.

Agree with your take on why delay the inevitable. The New York city numbers are vastly improved over a couple months ago. They either got really serious about handling it or it burned itself out taking so many of the "ripe" lives that were soon going to expire anyway. To me the obvious answer is the latter.

One area I wish Trump would stop hammering is on the blame for the spread of the virus. He says it could have been very easily stopped. Really?
First the Chinesee did not know what they were dealing with until it was already "out of the box".

We had the advantage of knowing it was on it's way here and could not contain it or stop the spread, same as every other country. So stop pretending it could have been prevented very easily, when zero countries have prevented it from spreading to them.

Stop the spread by allowing the spread. I have been for this model since day one, and only Sweeden seems to have decided on going this route. The way we are doing it is we are expending vast resources trying to wall off the virus. Trying to prevent spread of a virus that is at present more adept at spreading than we are at stopping the spread. In business trying to prevent the inevitable is almost always a death nail to prosperity, as too many resources get consumed fighting something that is not preventable.

It won't be long until Florida and Texas look like they have got it figured out and numbers begin vastly improving. Then Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio etc. will be up next.

We continue to rape our economy for something unstoppable, and not real detrimental from overall health standpoint. Serious, to be sure with some lasting organ damage in a few who get it bad but do not succumb to it. For most everyone else, full recovery with no long term lasting effects seems the rule.

Yet we will fight on trying to prevent even one death of a 98 year old with heart disease and kidney failure from acquiring it and passing a month earlier than if the virus did not arrive. My step mom is locked away in "jail" since March. We talk on the phone but have not physically touched since March. In May she told me she never thought she would be locked away from the world at age 88. She said she would prefer to go on living life and accept the possible consequences for contracting the virus rather than have her family off limits for who knows how long. Her health is not great, and I have no doubt virus or no virus her experation date is within two years due to dementia. But some see it differently, and see each day of existence as some kind of victory. I have long said when I no longer can make a meaningful difference in the lives of my family and community, I do not want to linger and be a burden.

You must not have turned on a TV for two months when New York handled the virus. They basically shut the state down and locked people in their houses to stop the spread. It didn’t burn out on its own they snuffed it out.

The obvious flaw people make when talking about letting it burn is that they use our current numbers as evidence. Our current numbers are controlled by numerous restrictions that are curbing the virus a bit. Take them off and the virus will take off in short order. If you take them off right now we’ll definitely have an overlap between flu season and covid. The health care community has been explicitly clear that that’s a horrible idea.

My other point is that by the end of the year we’ll know if we have a working vax. There are also several other treatments coming down the pipes that look to be very promising. For example remdesivir is being reformulated into inhaler and pill form. Once it’s reformulated it’ll be available for home use similar to tamiflu. It should cut hospital visits down drastically once available.

Why not hold out a little bit longer and let science bail us out. The economy isn’t going to get better while the virus rips though us anyway. Imagine the carnage caused by auto makers spending months starting and stopping because their work force is sick.