Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Mentor Cardinals

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • Solon Comets

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Strongsville Mustangs

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Not defending him at all. Just making it clear to you you're not the moderator of this thread. Now, let's discuss the GCC as you suggested and stay on topic.
Correct but if I were doing the same thing as him ,I'd be talking GCC in the suburban thread and throwing smack at them. In reality I don't care about the suburban league. It's made up of a bunch of schools who tucked tail and ran from various members of the gcc.

This is brians history. He's a low iq loser who needs to do this stuff on here because he has nothing else to do

Brunswick seems to be improving which is good to see. I'd like the whole conference to be competitive. Just prefer Mentor remain the best ☺️

Wish I could go to the game as I live 20 minutes away. Damn this virus. Pray football is normal next year

Correct but if I were doing the same thing as him ,I'd be talking GCC in the suburban thread and throwing smack at them. In reality I don't care about the suburban league. It's made up of a bunch of schools who tucked tail and ran from various members of the gcc.

This is brians history. He's a low iq loser who needs to do this stuff on here because he has nothing else to do
I really don’t care about anyone’s history. Just don’t tell me to stop a conversation because it’s off topic and than you go and do the same.

I really don’t care about anyone’s history. Just don’t tell me to stop a conversation because it’s off topic and than you go and do the same.
I didn't do the same. I'm rebutting a guy trolling our thread. I already explained this. This isn't hard. And if I want to tell you something , I'll tell you something

Enough about the suburban league. It's ridiculous that anyone representing that league would troll here considering the sissies ran from our league members

I wasn't engaging him and talking on his league. I was telling him to leave

I didn't do the same. I'm rebutting a guy trolling our thread. I already explained this. This isn't hard. And if I want to tell you something , I'll tell you something

Enough about the suburban league. It's ridiculous that anyone representing that league would troll here considering the sissies ran from our league members

I wasn't engaging him and talking on his league. I was telling him to leave
Again, you’re not the moderator. I will discuss SL vs.GCC as I please. It’s a helluva lot more interesting for us than your ongoing history of Mentor with him.

Again, you’re not the moderator. I will discuss SL vs.GCC as I please. It’s a helluva lot more interesting for us than your ongoing history of Mentor with him.
Who is us ? I see most people just talking about the suburban league being inferior and running away. And you aren't a part of this league

I don't see why you keep repeating the moderator line. It isn't clever .

Who is us ? I see most people just talking about the suburban league being inferior and running away. And you aren't a part of this league

I don't see why you keep repeating the moderator line. It isn't clever .
Read your comments. You’re literally moderating me. If you want to be a moderator, stop talking to me and talk to Yappi or a moderator.

Read your comments. You’re literally moderating me. If you want to be a moderator, stop talking to me and talk to Yappi or a moderator.
If I were moderating you I'd tell you to stop or get a ban or something. I'm just saying in general enough with suburban league talk. For calling someone else triggered , you are the one who seems sensitive and are catching feelings.

It's not too much to say we wanna talk about our conference in our conferences thread. I'd say most prefer that when they are actually part of the conference

I've tried to steer it back to that in 3 different posts now but you and the caveman keep going the other way

Won't see me doing that in a suburban thread. And I just commented on the games in the wrc one

If I were moderating you I'd tell you to stop or get a ban or something. I'm just saying in general enough with suburban league talk. For calling someone else triggered , you are the one who seems sensitive and are catching feelings.

It's not too much to say we wanna talk about our conference in our conferences thread. I'd say most prefer that when they are actually part of the conference

I've tried to steer it back to that in 3 different posts now but you and the caveman keep going the other way

Won't see me doing that in a suburban thread. And I just commented on the games in the wrc one
Ok, five year old. Do you want to get back to topic or do you want to be right?

Ok, five year old. Do you want to get back to topic or do you want to be right?
Just like with your triggered projection which it was since your feelings were hurt , you are doing the same thing here

Again I've made 3 posts to move on but you keep it going and won't shut up

This week we have

Brunswick vs Mentor
Euclid vs Strongsville
Medina vs Elyria
Solon vs St Vincent St Mary

Having now seen the westside schools. I'll go:

Mentor over Brunswick: Brunswick's defense can keep them around in this, and the offense is decent enough to put a couple of drives together. But unless Mentor implodes like Medina did against them, the Cardinals will wear them down. I see a 35-14 type game.

Euclid over Strongsville: like Brunswick, Strongsville's defense looks pretty good and Euclid's offense hasn't clicked overall yet. The problem is Strongsville's offense probably won't do much against a very good Euclid defense. If Strongsville plays mistake free (no turnovers and solid special teams) they can keep it close ... like 21-10 or so. But if its flipped and Euclid is mainly mistake free and Strongsville turns it over a couple times, Euclid rolls.

Medina over Elyria: I don't see this being close. Hopefully a game starters only play a half and get out to prepare for the tough finishing stretch. Medina 48, Elyria 13.

I have no clue about Solon and St. V. When did Solon even start practicing? I can see them being rusty and this one being a close game.

Just like with your triggered projection which it was since your feelings were hurt , you are doing the same thing here

Again I've made 3 posts to move on but you keep it going and won't shut up
No, you haven’t. I’m happy to keep this going off the topic of the thread if it teaches you to be a considerate adult. Want to keep it going or not?

Having now seen the westside schools. I'll go:

Mentor over Brunswick: Brunswick's defense can keep them around in this, and the offense is decent enough to put a couple of drives together. But unless Mentor implodes like Medina did against them, the Cardinals will wear them down. I see a 35-14 type game.

Euclid over Strongsville: like Brunswick, Strongsville's defense looks pretty good and Euclid's offense hasn't clicked overall yet. The problem is Strongsville's offense probably won't do much against a very good Euclid defense. If Strongsville plays mistake free (no turnovers and solid special teams) they can keep it close ... like 21-10 or so. But if its flipped and Euclid is mainly mistake free and Strongsville turns it over a couple times, Euclid rolls.

Medina over Elyria: I don't see this being close. Hopefully a game starters only play a half and get out to prepare for the tough finishing stretch. Medina 48, Elyria 13.

I have no clue about Solon and St. V. When did Solon even start practicing? I can see them being rusty and this one being a close game.
I have similar thoughts. Solon it's hard to tell as they started so late

You guys will kill Elyria. Can't say I'll miss them being on our football schedule. Or at all really

Mentor if they play at their best can handle Brunswick easily ..Mentor playing defense like last week vs eds can lead to a close one

Euclid wasnt impressive to me at all. I hope Strongsville hangs around. If Euclid pastes them , I'll lose confidence in the improvements

167, 174 and 183. Read those. I don't need lessons from you. Nor do I care about you
178. How about we just re-name the thread MG2002 The Sociopath? Because you’re inconsiderate enough to carry this on for the rest of those interested in discussing the GCC. I, on the other hand, am considerate and bowing out. You talking about other members and behavior on here is throwing rocks in a glass house.

178. How about we just re-name the thread MG2002 The Sociopath? Because you’re inconsiderate enough to carry this on for the rest of those interested in discussing the GCC. I, on the other hand, am considerate and bowing out. You talking about other members and behavior on here is throwing rocks in a glass house.
You claimed I didn't try to steer it back to the gcc in 3 posts. I gave you those 3 posts

Again I don't care about you. Sorry your feelings are hurt but you don't matter to me. Bye

I have similar thoughts. Solon it's hard to tell as they started so late

You guys will kill Elyria. Can't say I'll miss them being on our football schedule. Or at all really

Mentor if they play at their best can handle Brunswick easily ..Mentor playing defense like last week vs eds can lead to a close one

Euclid wasnt impressive to me at all. I hope Strongsville hangs around. If Euclid pastes them , I'll lose confidence in the improvements

Strongsville's issue is gonna be moving the ball. Granted Medina's defense has played very well the last two weeks and Strongsville couldn't do anything (lone TD was a 79 yarder after it was 34-0 and backups were in). While Medina's defense is solid, its not Euclid.

Strongsville will have to play almost perfect to have a chance in what i would assume becomes a low scoring game (ala Brunswick-Euclid).

Agree on Mentor-Brunswick. Mentor is way more talented but Brunswick is has enough talent and plays hard so they can stick around. I see it as a game where Mentor just wears them down (not like the past couple years where it was over after the first quarter).

Wow, went back and looked and Brunswick has not scored on Mentor since 2016, lol... 45-0, 35-0, 62-0. Knew it had been bad but not that bad. Anyway, I'll be surprised if it gets out of hand like that again.

Strongsville's issue is gonna be moving the ball. Granted Medina's defense has played very well the last two weeks and Strongsville couldn't do anything (lone TD was a 79 yarder after it was 34-0 and backups were in). While Medina's defense is solid, its not Euclid.

Strongsville will have to play almost perfect to have a chance in what i would assume becomes a low scoring game (ala Brunswick-Euclid).

Agree on Mentor-Brunswick. Mentor is way more talented but Brunswick is has enough talent and plays hard so they can stick around. I see it as a game where Mentor just wears them down (not like the past couple years where it was over after the first quarter).

Wow, went back and looked and Brunswick has not scored on Mentor since 2016, lol... 45-0, 35-0, 62-0. Knew it had been bad but not that bad. Anyway, I'll be surprised if it gets out of hand like that again.
Yeah I don't see Mentor completely owning them like that even if Mentor plays at their best for this year. Brunswick will definitely score a couple tds. Not overly impressed with our.defense and our offense has been average

Yeah I don't see Mentor completely owning them like that even if Mentor plays at their best for this year. Brunswick will definitely score a couple tds. Not overly impressed with our.defense and our offense has been average

Agree, and I'll add one more thing since you said that if Euclid pastes Strongsville you'll give up on their improvements.

Strongsville lost a lot from last year and is pretty young and this was not supposed to be a year Strongsville did much, so I wouldn't look too much into it. Strongsville, though, does have some solid juniors and the sophomore class is very good, so next year is where I think they may be a team to watch.

Really, next year is the one where I think the westside schools can realistically all close the gap on the eastside.

Medina (with a healthy Allar) is close right now and they will return just about everybody. Strongsville I mentioned. Brunswick does have a big and pretty good senior class so they may not take a big jump, but they have been running as the No. 3 team (behind Mentor/Medina) in the lower GCC levels the past couple of years, so they shouldn't take a step back.

Then you have Mentor losing Kipp (though Mentor has been solid at the lower levels), Solon losing a four-year starting QB (along with a couple other four-year starters) and Euclid losing their 6-7 D1 players (though I'm sure Rotsky will bring in more help), it could make for a wide open 2021.

Agree, and I'll add one more thing since you said that if Euclid pastes Strongsville you'll give up on their improvements.

Strongsville lost a lot from last year and is pretty young and this was not supposed to be a year Strongsville did much, so I wouldn't look too much into it. Strongsville, though, does have some solid juniors and the sophomore class is very good, so next year is where I think they may be a team to watch.

Really, next year is the one where I think the westside schools can realistically all close the gap on the eastside.

Medina (with a healthy Allar) is close right now and they will return just about everybody. Strongsville I mentioned. Brunswick does have a big and pretty good senior class so they may not take a big jump, but they have been running as the No. 3 team (behind Mentor/Medina) in the lower GCC levels the past couple of years, so they shouldn't take a step back.

Then you have Mentor losing Kipp (though Mentor has been solid at the lower levels), Solon losing a four-year starting QB (along with a couple other four-year starters) and Euclid losing their 6-7 D1 players (though I'm sure Rotsky will bring in more help), it could make for a wide open 2021.
If Medina doesn't beat Mentor in 2021, I'm not sure they ever will ...

I don't follow the lower levels. I expected a few down years after this one then who knows ? But good to know Mentor is with Medina at lower levels

If Medina doesn't beat Mentor in 2021, I'm not sure they ever will ...

I don't follow the lower levels. I expected a few down years after this one then who knows ? But good to know Mentor is with Medina at lower levels

I've only followed the last couple years and have no clue about the current middle schools. But for the current juniors through freshmen, Mentor and Medina have been the overall best with Brunswick right behind. .. and then Strongsville's junior class has been good going back to when those kids were in 7th. Above I said it was their sophomores who were very good had it backward... though they do have a couple good sophomores.

I know Cardz has said the same thing and I don't disagree. Next year is the year and if it doesn't happen probably won't because Mentor isn't going to fall off. I would have given Medina 2022 as well (still a very good class that will definitely help varsity more next year) but the stud QB transferred to Hoban in late July.... but if he can't crack the lineup there maybe he can come back his senior year.

Last edited:
I've only followed the last couple years and have no clue about the current middle schools. But for the current juniors through freshmen, Mentor and Medina have been the overall best with Brunswick right behind. .. and then Strongsville's junior class has been good going back to when those kids were in 7th. Above I said it was their sophomores who were very good had it backward... though they do have a couple good sophomores.

I know Cardz has said the same thing and I don't disagree. Next year is the year and if it doesn't happen probably won't because Mentor isn't going to fall off. I would have given Medina 2022 as well (still a very good class that will definitely help varsity more next year) but the stud QB transferred to Hoban in late July.... but if he can't crack the lineup there maybe he can come back his senior year.
I think we both say that as somewhat of a.hyperbole. It's just that on paper with Medina having a good senior qb and us bringing in a ton of new players and new qb, that's one you should be able to win

No closed enrollment school will be great every season. Unless you are really recruiting or have some monster intra district enrollment situation. Mentor has missed the playoffs a couple times in the last 10 years and had teams beaten by non eds and Iggy in region 1 as well.

Big schools like Medina and Brunswick should be able to beat Mentor at times. Not sure why they both haven't

I think we both say that as somewhat of a.hyperbole. It's just that on paper with Medina having a good senior qb and us bringing in a ton of new players and new qb, that's one you should be able to win

No closed enrollment school will be great every season. Unless you are really recruiting or have some monster intra district enrollment situation. Mentor has missed the playoffs a couple times in the last 10 years and had teams beaten by non eds and Iggy in region 1 as well.

Big schools like Medina and Brunswick should be able to beat Mentor at times. Not sure why they both haven't

I think for Brunswick, part of it is because they were in Region 2 so never played Mentor in their heyday since they were also in different leagues. But Brunswick would have been very competitive from the early 90s to about 2010 against Mentor if they played every year in that period (Mentor probably wins more but it would have been mostly competitive). Brunswick just happened to start playing Mentor annually when Mentor was at its peak and Brunswick was bottomed out. Still, Brunswick looks to be closing the gap but probably still away from actually winning those games.

Brunswick is a lot like Strongsville, it just sustained its success a couple years longer and unlike Strongsville never had to face the R1 gauntlet up until a couple years ago (and moving forward still has the better demographics to get back to the top level). Anyway, Strongsville and Mentor have been regulars on the schedule for over 20 years now and it was competitive up until the last 10 or so (and still for whatever reason Strongsville still gives Mentor a "tougher" time than the other westside schools). With that, there were years when Strongsville lost to both in the same fashion, you just didn't get a Brunswick-Mentor matchup unless both made the state semifinals (which i believe did happen once).

So timing plays a part in Brunswick vs. Mentor.

As for Medina, its simple. It wasn't until the early 2000s before it was a school that had the demographics to compete. From there, the football program was never able to build consistently to be one that maybe every 4 to 5 years has a team that could pop up and surprise somebody. That was despite being very strong in other sports, including both basketball and track, two sports that you would think translate to football (hence the sleeping giant moniker which has been around now for like 20 years).

Anyway, speaking of sleeping giants, wasn't that what Mentor would have been considered in the 80s and 90s of there was the internet and message boards?

It wasn't until "the class" in what 2001 that really springboarded Mentor into what it is now. Medina, IMO, has a chance at doing something similar. They actually made the playoffs a year earlier than I think most expected. Last year is was what I thought this year's team would do (make the playoffs and be somewhat competitive against a marquee title contending team).

Since they did that a year earlier, now upping the expectations for this year. But still its 2021 that is the one where all along could be Medina's version of "the class". You follow that up with what should be a good team in 2022 (and potentially four straight playoff appearances) and now you have something building that can trickle down to the lower levels.

I will say this, in football (basketball will be fine regardless and has even higher upside there) if this 2022 and 2023 class (probably the best two in school history that happen to be b2b) don't do anything, then yeah. Medina will never get there.

Last edited:
I think for Brunswick, part of it is because they were in Region 2 so never played Mentor in their heyday since they were also in different leagues. But Brunswick would have been very competitive from the early 90s to about 2010 against Mentor if they played every year in that period (Mentor probably wins more but it would have been mostly competitive). Brunswick just happened to start playing Mentor annually when Mentor was at its peak and Brunswick was bottomed out. Still, Brunswick looks to be closing the gap but probably still away from actually winning those games.

Brunswick is a lot like Strongsville, it just sustained its success a couple years longer and unlike Strongsville never had to face the R1 gauntlet up until a couple years ago (and moving forward still has the better demographics to get back to the top level). Anyway, Strongsville and Mentor have been regulars on the schedule for over 20 years now and it was competitive up until the last 10 or so (and still for whatever reason Strongsville still gives Mentor a "tougher" time than the other westside schools). With that, there were years when Strongsville lost to both in the same fashion, you just didn't get a Brunswick-Mentor matchup unless both made the state semifinals (which i believe did happen once).

So timing plays a part in Brunswick vs. Mentor.

As for Medina, its simple. It wasn't until the early 2000s before it was a school that had the demographics to compete. From there, the football program was never able to build consistently to be one that maybe every 4 to 5 years has a team that could pop up and surprise somebody. That was despite being very strong in other sports, including both basketball and track, two sports that you would think translate to football (hence the sleeping giant moniker which has been around now for like 20 years).

Anyway, speaking of sleeping giants, wasn't that what Mentor would have been considered in the 80s and 90s of there was the internet and message boards?

It wasn't until "the class" in what 2001 that really springboarded Mentor into what it is now. Medina, IMO, has a chance at doing something similar. They actually made the playoffs a year earlier than I think most expected. Last year is was what I thought this year's team would do (make the playoffs and be somewhat competitive against a marquee title contending team).

Since they did that a year earlier, now upping the expectations for this year. But still its 2021 that is the one where all along could be Medina's version of "the class". You follow that up with what should be a good team in 2022 (and potentially four straight playoff appearances) and now you have something building that can trickle down to the lower levels.

I will say this, in football (basketball will be fine regardless and has even higher upside there) if this 2022 and 2023 class (probably the best two in school history that happen to be b2b) don't do anything, then yeah. Medina will never get there.
Yes Mentor beat Brunswick pretty good in the final 4 in 2007

Even with all you said you'd think Medina and Brunswick as huge schools would beat us a few times. Hasn't been close for the most part. Point is it will happen and 2021 won't be Medina's only shot

Solon

Solon QB still there