Brunswick Blue Devils
Elyria Pioneers
Euclid Panthers
Medina Bees
Mentor Cardinals
Solon Comets
Strongsville Mustangs

SVillegrad

Mentor vs. Medina, with Solon and Euclid right behind. Brunswick may spoil but probably won't finish in the top 4. Strongsville and Elyria, like basketball this past year, will fight each other to stay out of the basement (like basketball, Strongsville probably wins that).

bkmk1

If we have HS football, and hopefully we will, my schedule for choices to see so far that week (which is week 5 -- (9/25):
Mentor at Medina and Ignatius at Massillon.
I hope I actually have a decision to make.

SVillegrad

Would love to see Brunswick shock the league and win it.
But I think its going to be Mentor.
Brunswick will be good this year (GCC will have five legit teams) and will be capable of hanging with the top 4, but it would definitely be a shock if they won the league. If I had to rank, it is:

1. Mentor: They steamrolled everybody in the league last year so no question they belong at the top.
2. Medina: This is the beginning of at least a three-year window where they can make some serious noise.
3. Solon: Solon is always going to be competitive, but think Mentor/Medina have a little more talent/depth.
4. Euclid: Rotsky will patch together enough athletes where they will still be a tough team to beat.
5. Brunswick: They are coming back, but 2021 is probably the year they can think about competing for the title.

6. Strongsville: Lou Cirino is a very good coach, but I don't see Strongsville beating any of the teams above.
7. Elyria: Good luck in the SWC, where they should at least be middle of the pack in football most years.

cjb56

Brunswick will be good this year (GCC will have five legit teams) and will be capable of hanging with the top 4, but it would definitely be a shock if they won the league. If I had to rank, it is:

1. Mentor: They steamrolled everybody in the league last year so no question they belong at the top.
2. Medina: This is the beginning of at least a three-year window where they can make some serious noise.
3. Solon: Solon is always going to be competitive, but think Mentor/Medina have a little more talent/depth.
4. Euclid: Rotsky will patch together enough athletes where they will still be a tough team to beat.
5. Brunswick: They are coming back, but 2021 is probably the year they can think about competing for the title.

6. Strongsville: Lou Cirino is a very good coach, but I don't see Strongsville beating any of the teams above.
7. Elyria: Good luck in the SWC, where they should at least be middle of the pack in football most years.
Interesting about Brunswick. I’ll keep my eye on them in 2020, especially their underclassmen. It’s Avon vs Brunswick Week 1 in 2021.

SVillegrad

Interesting about Brunswick. I’ll keep my eye on them in 2020, especially their underclassmen. It’s Avon vs Brunswick Week 1 in 2021.
That should be a good game.

Brunswick has been the only team that has given Medina and Mentor challenges at the lower levels the past two years. ... Those three are undefeated against the rest of the league at freshman/JV the past two years, though Brunswick has been third in that pecking order behind Medina and Mentor. Both Medina and Mentor have some loaded looking teams coming up, so not beating them isn't a knock on Brunswick, IMO.