2019 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC)

eastisbest

Nice hard hitting defensive scrimmage yesterday between Hoban and Central Catholic.
But the Hoban faithful on the other thread want you to know they only played their 8th grade recruits.

Knowing there are not many TCL people here but FYI: Monday is the Purple-Gold game at Waite, first chance to see the new turf. Still no visitor's stands but I hear there are some coming sooner or later.

irish_buffalo

Whitmer 21 - AW 21 ones vs ones.

Clay 14 - Southview 0 ones vs. ones.

Northview took it to Ross a bit 21-0 ones vs ones.

SJ 21 - Start 0 ones vs ones (several key Johnnies DNP).

cchs1983

Nothing like another clueless article in this mornings Blah, how can a writer do an article and be so far off with facts??

irish_buffalo

After watching Whitmer vs. Springfield my feeling is the Irish win big week one. Definitely not the same Springfield team from the last 4-5 years.

cchs1983

I want a redo. I pick Whitmer first, with college players at QB, RB and WR. Can you imagine college kids having the ball in their hands 90% of the snaps?
SJJ
SFS
CCHS
Findlay
Lima
Clay
Fremont
Nothing I have seen has changed my opinion of the above.

irish_buffalo

Sandbagger...

CCHS has THE best defense in the league. They have enough offense to win. The QB will only get better and Norrills will be a b$itch to bring down.

Until someone beats em. The Irish are king.

SJ
Whitmer
SF

cchs1983

Sandbagger...

CCHS has THE best defense in the league. They have enough offense to win. The QB will only get better and Norrills will be a b$itch to bring down.

Until someone beats em. The Irish are king.

SJ
Whitmer
SF
Beauty in the eye of the beholder I guess and yes, CCHS defense will be outstanding again, they have to be to drag along that offense. When can CCHS get the next Justin or Brady????

Roscoe

Whitmer put a beat down on Start 48-0. When’s the last time Start won a game in this backyard “rivalry”

ToledoGuy

I believe the goal is to have the Start-Whitmer game as the first Thursday game every year moving forward. Good move for Whitmer as it gives them a D1 opponent who is likely to have 5 wins or more every year on their schedule, and for Start it gives them $25,000-$30,000 from tickets and concessions, something that doesn't happen a ton in the City League anymore.

One thing of note from watching the game last night; Whitmer didn't have a negative yardage play until 4:48 left in the 3rd quarter with their 3rd stringers in. I don't know that this is a serious barometer of Whitmer's potential for the season, but they sure handled Start easily. Banks, the Monroe transfer, is the real deal though...13/173/3 TDs in the first half.

Excited to catch the SJJ-BG game...really think their offense has potential to be something very special this year.

irish_buffalo

I believe the goal is to have the Start-Whitmer game as the first Thursday game every year moving forward. Good move for Whitmer as it gives them a D1 opponent who is likely to have 5 wins or more every year on their schedule, and for Start it gives them $25,000-$30,000 from tickets and concessions, something that doesn't happen a ton in the City League anymore.

One thing of note from watching the game last night; Whitmer didn't have a negative yardage play until 4:48 left in the 3rd quarter with their 3rd stringers in. I don't know that this is a serious barometer of Whitmer's potential for the season, but they sure handled Start easily. Banks, the Monroe transfer, is the real deal though...13/173/3 TDs in the first half.

Excited to catch the SJJ-BG game...really think their offense has potential to be something very special this year.
Agree on all points. This is the first time Whitmer has had a good running back since Malik Moore. It certainly helps. Unsure how good Start REALLY is and that is no swipe at Coach Pargo and his staff or his kids. The Spartans lost a lot from a team that got beat 30-0 last year to Findlay and were also beaten by a D4 school in Bellevue who finished the season 4-6. I hope the Panthers take this win with a grain of salt because DCC and Perrysburg will be a far different animal.

I'm interested in seeing the SJ-BG game as well. I see a very different result from last year. I also see the Springfield-CCHS game will be live on BCSN2. Any bets on a shutout?

cchs1983

Agree on all points. This is the first time Whitmer has had a good running back since Malik Moore. It certainly helps. Unsure how good Start REALLY is and that is no swipe at Coach Pargo and his staff or his kids. The Spartans lost a lot from a team that got beat 30-0 last year to Findlay and were also beaten by a D4 school in Bellevue who finished the season 4-6. I hope the Panthers take this win with a grain of salt because DCC and Perrysburg will be a far different animal.

I'm interested in seeing the SJ-BG game as well. I see a very different result from last year. I also see the Springfield-CCHS game will be live on BCSN2. Any bets on a shutout?
No bet. I think the Irish will score.

irish_buffalo

No bet. I think the Irish will score.
I think Norrils will have at least 3. Maybe Demps will spread the wealth a tad more but he understands the importance of getting that run game churning early in the season.

Speaking of which - watched Michael Warren and the Bearcats dispatch UCLA last night. When it comes to Toledo greats he is maybe top ten. Nothing about him suggests that he should be special but man oh man is he?! Some guys simply know how to win and make everyone around them better. Talk about "it" - Michael Warren has "it". I hope he gives the Buckeye's fits.

I also watched Jeremiah Braswell (YSU) have a couple nice catches versus Samford last weekend.

Lots of area talent playing in that Toledo @ Kentucky match-up.

And former Ross standout Russ Yeast will be starting at SS for the Louisville Cardinals against Notre Dame.

ToledoGuy

I'd honestly go back to Jody Webb...Moore, for all of his athleticism, couldn't really run between the tackles and that was what held him back from being a primetime player for the Panthers. Again, HUGE grain of salt, but Burns' vision was incredible last night.

Springfield isn't the teams of the past few years, so I wouldn't be shocked with a big number by Central tonight. Can never really bet on a shutout in HS football though.

irish_buffalo

I'd honestly go back to Jody Webb...Moore, for all of his athleticism, couldn't really run between the tackles and that was what held him back from being a primetime player for the Panthers. Again, HUGE grain of salt, but Burns' vision was incredible last night.

Springfield isn't the teams of the past few years, so I wouldn't be shocked with a big number by Central tonight. Can never really bet on a shutout in HS football though.
Very true but Malik had a great burst. Jody was not great between the tackles as well. Similar backs but Jody had that next level speed.

Trey Sterritt was the last guy who could pound. Banks can pound in the same manner and has speed (11.2 - 100 guy). Both around 190-200.

I had to give cchs1983 some guff. I think this CCHS team is going to be better than most realize, especially defensively. Gooch might catch em over the top with one of his patent double posts but I do not think Springfield finishes the game with more than 15 rushing yards when its ones vs ones. We will see?

SJ and BG is interesting because of what happened last season. Both games are on BCSN and BCSN2 respectively so I can flip back and forth from the comforts of my own garage.(y)

Speaking of last night's game great job as usual from Mike Jewell. I've noticed he does not do as many games as he used to but it is refreshing to see him call one. He knows the game, the area, and he calls a great game. The Toledo market is lucky to have him and Mason Lowry (equally as good) and Big John Gibson. All three do a fantastic job in the booth.

ToledoGuy

Couple of surprising results today:

St. Francis going out and beating Clyde is a big notice sent across the league that they wont be an easy out the way they have been in the past.

Clay putting up 49 on Maumee, even though they're the doormat of the NLL (a conference they shouldnt even be in) is a big development. I dont think they'll really threaten any of the top half, but I cant remember the last time Clay put up those kind of offensive numbers against anyone.

Findlay nearly taking one away from AW to start the year...not really sure how good AW is, but that looks like a solid result on paper. Hope they can build on that, even though they weren't able to complete the upset.

Roscoe

Clyde is not the Clyde of old. Lots of turmoil happened this past offseason. The fact they came back and made a game of it is the suprise here.

irish_buffalo

Any bets on a shutout?
Wussies.:LOL:

It is going to be tough to score on that Irish D all year. And just when you think they might take a step backwards offensively? Nah. Randy Williams is a jet. Norrils is a load AND fast and CC has a QB that can throw a bit. Ugh.

So on top of having Mitsopolous (5'10 180), Ryder (6'4 215), and Zsiros (6'3 210) as weapons for Lichtenberg it appears SJ's Jayden McKinstry (6'5 190) is healthy to add to the nightmare for opposing defenses. Very good to see that young man come back from his battle and not only play but play well. The Titans will have to shore up that defense if they want to beat CCHS.

Clay looked as good as they have since 2012. Pretty cool story in that two senior baseball stars (Drew Collins - Akron/Derek Bohlander - Ohio Dominican) who have not played football in years decided to come out and play this season and they helped in a big way. You win with multi-sport athletes...and running backs like the sophomore Pettaway who run sub 11.0 100's. Clay has not had that kind of speed since? Tammerine? Besgrove? That sophomore class could be special.

Roscoe

Ross is very young and it showed. They are going to have a lot of growing pains this season. The cries to get out of the TRAC will become screams after this year I’m afraid. Independent???

ToledoGuy

Ross is very young and it showed. They are going to have a lot of growing pains this season. The cries to get out of the TRAC will become screams after this year I’m afraid. Independent???
I'm shocked that the SBC won't take them...I feel like they're a natural fit. Really, it would be an incredibly interesting development in the TRAC. There are a lot of conference who have survived with less than 8 teams, would they just stick it out and work another marquee OOC game into schedules? Or does that give the privates, Clay, Whitmer, and Findlay enough motivation to approach the NLL in creating a Columbus area OCC style mega conference?

Roscoe

It’s an ego thing with a few of the schools there really. Ross could drop to DIII and they still wouldn’t get in. Just a new excuse would arise.

ToledoGuy

It’s an ego thing with a few of the schools there really. Ross could drop to DIII and they still wouldn’t get in. Just a new excuse would arise.
Sounds like a very similar situation RE: Clay and the NLL. Findlay will be in that conference before Clay is once Maumee wisens up and leaves.

irish_buffalo

Mega league has been talked about on here at length. Won't happen until someone bounces from the NLL. Maumee or Napoleon seem like no brainers but from an AD standpoint the NLL is about as good as it gets. Similar demographics, schools are relatively close, easy scheduling. Tough to leave a league like that even if you are the smallest guy on the block.

A BCSN announcer was talking about how AW should join the TRAC. Why? The Generals went toe to toe last night with the 4th or 5th best team in the TRAC. They got it good in the NLL. Play some decent out of conference opponents and walk through the NLL with the exception of usually about 2-3 teams (this year appears to be Pburg, AW, BG, and maybe Northview). Playing in the TRAC, against teams like Findlay, Whitmer, CC, and SF in successive weeks takes its toll.

With all that said a mega league needs to be discussed. There needs to be flexibility for teams in down years, much like Ross this season. It is just tough to get people with zero incentive to move to do anything about it (NLL).

chs1971

Sounds like a very similar situation RE: Clay and the NLL. Findlay will be in that conference before Clay is once Maumee wisens up and leaves.
Oh yeah, exactly the same.

853 - Ross
693 -Sandusky
644 - Columbian
621 - Norwalk
565 - Clyde
500 - Bellevue
474 - Perkins

1253 - Perrysburg
1082 - Anthony Wayne
1014 - Northview
884 - Springfield
875 - Clay
745 - Southview
714 - Bowling Green
567 - Maumee
506 - Napoleon

Right now, there is no place for Maumee to go.

In any foreseeable future, the NLL will not admit Findlay.

You imagine a NLL prejudice rejecting Clay. There is a consensus that they would replace Maumee if the Panthers left.

ToledoGuy

Oh yeah, exactly the same.

853 - Ross
693 -Sandusky
644 - Columbian
621 - Norwalk
565 - Clyde
500 - Bellevue
474 - Perkins

1253 - Perrysburg
1082 - Anthony Wayne
1014 - Northview
884 - Springfield
875 - Clay
745 - Southview
714 - Bowling Green
567 - Maumee
506 - Napoleon

Right now, there is no place for Maumee to go.

In any foreseeable future, the NLL will not admit Findlay.

You imagine a NLL prejudice rejecting Clay. There is a consensus that they would replace Maumee if the Panthers left.
I was strictly referring to the politics, not the size of schools. I know why they (the NLL) didnt add them (Clay) the last rotation instead of a Napoleon team that didnt fit the demographics at all. Unfortunately, there are still players who were burned by previous Clay/Oregon Schools admins who are in decision making positions within the NLL, so I dont think it's a stone cold lock. Hell, I've had candid conversations with some relatively solid connections within Findlay who believe they'll be playing in a different conference in the next 8 years, and most seem confident itll be the NLL.

I personally think the best option would be merging all of the Suburban and private schools in NW Ohio into one conference with two or three divisions that change every 2-4 years based on performance of teams.

CC Track Fan

I was strictly referring to the politics, not the size of schools. I know why they (the NLL) didnt add them (Clay) the last rotation instead of a Napoleon team that didnt fit the demographics at all. Unfortunately, there are still players who were burned by previous Clay/Oregon Schools admins who are in decision making positions within the NLL, so I dont think it's a stone cold lock. Hell, I've had candid conversations with some relatively solid connections within Findlay who believe they'll be playing in a different conference in the next 8 years, and most seem confident itll be the NLL.

I personally think the best option would be merging all of the Suburban and private schools in NW Ohio into one conference with two or three divisions that change every 2-4 years based on performance of teams.
Not that bold of prediction as it is unlikely the TRAC will be around 8 years from now. Every school not in Toledo would like to be in a different league. Once one leaves it could cause more movement.

I agree with last part that would be nice but don't see the NLL schools being interested.