2017 Divison 2, Region 8 Playoff Picture

Playing WW depends upon how many are on IR.

True. Against Elder is the healthiest we've been all season. Then the heart and soul of our defense goes down :wallbang::wallbang: (he's ok tho) Tank Booker has and will miss his whole junior campaign and the young man is still getting offers. Some guys that came back against Elder, we're not quite ready. Another week will do them good.

Sidney vs Belmont is interesting, only thing I know about Belmont is they play a weak DPS schedule. Sidney offense is explosive and can put up points and their defense well they are getting better. I hope for Sidney they do win out and get home game as for the other first round games whoever matches up with Troy right now could be interesting they are healthy and their defense looks good. If they can get a passing game started to go with the run they will make the first round game very interesting

Sidney vs Belmont is interesting, only thing I know about Belmont is they play a weak DPS schedule. Sidney offense is explosive and can put up points and their defense well they are getting better. I hope for Sidney they do win out and get home game as for the other first round games whoever matches up with Troy right now could be interesting they are healthy and their defense looks good. If they can get a passing game started to go with the run they will make the first round game very interesting
Sidney does not want any part of Belmont, that game could get ugly fast. Belmont has the personal to slow down Sidney rushing attack the question is can Sidney slow down Belmont 1932 designed rushing attack.

Sidney does not want any part of Belmont, that game could get ugly fast. Belmont has the personal to slow down Sidney rushing attack the question is can Sidney slow down Belmont 1932 designed rushing attack.

Lol ok

Anderson has played and beat running teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anderson doesn’t play anyone, weak schedule, they will have the same problem as kings and Turpin over the last few years. Great regular season, but struggling in playoffs. With the exception of Loveland few years ago making it to state.

So when the time comes for them to really play a tougher team, they may struggle. jmo

Last edited:
Anderson doesn’t play anyone, weak schedule, they will have the same problem as kings and Turpin over the last few years. Great regular season, but struggling in playoffs. With the exception of Loveland few years ago making it to state.

So when the time comes for them to really play a tougher team, they may struggle. jmo

In fairness the schedule is basically the same as when Anderson won state. I'm not saying they'll win state, and the schedule isn't as strong as some others in the region, but it's certainly better than some others.

In fairness the schedule is basically the same as when Anderson won state. I'm not saying they'll win state, and the schedule isn't as strong as some others in the region, but it's certainly better than some others.

Oh no. When Anderson won state they played Winton Woods, Mason, a tough Glen Este team and maybe a Stoll led Turpin team.

[I]Bellfontaine would destroy Belmont. I am not cautious. I’m just telling it like it is.[/I]
Belmont scrimmaged Bellefontaine and did not lose and/or be destroyed. I know, just a scrimmage but I think Belmont/Bellefontaine would pretty even at worst. And Belmont was just installing the "new" version on the wing-t plus we know "city" schools are never ready at the beginning of the year.
Troy and GWOC are clearly above the DPS/SOPL/CMAC but to downplay Belmont so much (Troyboy05), they have down well in 7-on-7's, scrimmages and games; maybe they are just a little better then you think. Just telling it like is is.

Oh no. When Anderson won state they played Winton Woods, Mason, a tough Glen Este team and maybe a Stoll led Turpin team.

I’m curious if you think that is of importance? The reason I ask is because when I bring up Belmont’s schedule you seem to just push it to the side. Are you saying schedule matters now?

[I]Bellfontaine would destroy Belmont. I am not cautious. I’m just telling it like it is.[/I]
Belmont scrimmaged Bellefontaine and did not lose and/or be destroyed. I know, just a scrimmage but I think Belmont/Bellefontaine would pretty even at worst. And Belmont was just installing the "new" version on the wing-t plus we know "city" schools are never ready at the beginning of the year.
Troy and GWOC are clearly above the DPS/SOPL/CMAC but to downplay Belmont so much (Troyboy05), they have down well in 7-on-7's, scrimmages and games; maybe they are just a little better then you think. Just telling it like is is.

You all know how I feel about Belmont so I not going to beat a dead horse. Like I tell others, just come talk to me in week 11.

I’m curious if you think that is of importance? The reason I ask is because when I bring up Belmont’s schedule you seem to just push it to the side. Are you saying schedule matters now?

I was just addressing that Anderson played a tough schedule back in 2007. And yes I do believe that playing a tough schedule matters but the schedules are made before a snap is taken. You never know if you have a tough schedule until the season plays out. Belmont schedule is super weak and they bulldozed thru it like any other team in the region would had. I don't know what more you can ask and I don't think you can really gauge how good they truly are. If it's up to me, let somebody other than Winton Woods figure out Belmont.

Kings and Turpin could’ve played 10 nfl teams leading up to the LaSalle game and it wouldn’t have made a difference. LaSalle has been that much better than everyone the past few years in D2(hence the running clock in every playoff game but one I believe). I don’t think they’re head and shoulders above everyone this year. Maybe Winton Woods is?

They lost in the regular season to Hilliard Darby and LaSalle and finished the regular season 8-2.

Mason was 3-7 that year. Winton Woods was 7-4, but good. Glen Este was 5-5 and Anderson scored 57 on them.

They didn't play Turpin in the regular season then. That's why the matchup in the regional final was such a big deal.

The schedule was stronger than this year, but not by miles, and not really tougher than when Loveland won State or other examples.

Some really good conversations going.

A couple of my thoughts on Belmont.
1. Again they mowed thru that weak schedule just like any good team would
2.Belmont can get kids from all over the City of Dayton. Those players that don't head to Trotwood and Wayne are going to land at Belmont. Coach White draws kids ;).
3. They could turn into a modern day Glenville
4. Coach White will upgrade the schedule in coming seasons. He ain't scared.
5. IMO Anderson is more likely to get blown out 63-21 than Belmont is. I know the Anderson people will attack me for this statement. I think Winton Woods is a much more matchup nightmare for Anderson than LaSalle. I don't even know what opposing team's are thinking when kicking/punting to the Winton Woods returners.

That 2007 Anderson team had two nfl players on the line and a receiver that was probably talented enough if he could’ve stayed out of trouble. Tough regular season schedules don’t equate to playoff success. Talent and coaching does.

That 2007 Anderson team had two nfl players on the line and a receiver that was probably talented enough if he could’ve stayed out of trouble. Tough regular season schedules don’t equate to playoff success. Talent and coaching does.

Tough regular seasons does help a team prepare.

Tough regular seasons does help a team prepare.

Clinton-Massie has two state titles recently with a very soft regular season schedule. Winton Woods would’ve been in the playoffs the past couple of seasons with a softer schedule and could’ve made some noise last year.

Clinton-Massie has two state titles recently with a very soft regular season schedule. Winton Woods would’ve been in the playoffs the past couple of seasons with a softer schedule and could’ve made some noise last year.

I think Massie plays a decent schedule for being what D4?

I mean it's useless talking over each other about scheduling. You want to have a good, battle tested, healthy team coming into the post season. Some are good, some are battle tested, some are healthy. If a team is all three, they are going to be a hard out.

Is Winton Woods going to be healthy after playing that schedule?

Actually we are as healthy that we've been all season. We been beat up but it's allowed some younger players get thrown into some pressure situations and they have stepped up. So we've developed a little more depth, which is nice. #15 LB Jalen Engleman, #21 S Jaylen Fetha, #34 DL Jeremiah Brown, and #84 WR Rashaun Brown all deserve props for stepping up. It's some others too. It's still two hard games left so we will see who's able to walk after these next 2 weeks.

You don't need a great schedule to do well in the playoffs, but playing a cupcake schedule will hurt you. Anderson's schedule in league play is fine. Playing in a solid league year in and year out helps you get ready for the playoffs, the game mean more than non conference games.

My only concern in the playoffs is Dreyer has never won a playoff game as HC. In HS A great O can win you championships, but you need some semblance of a Defense. Look at the Clemson in the college game, had great O and horrible Ds. Once they got even a decent D they went on to win big.

Because I find this stuff fascinating and I've got a team in the mix this year, I made a R8 spreadsheet just to see how I thought things would shake out and I'd be able to track things going into the last week.

I gave contending teams the benefit of the doubt and didn't predict many upsets. I picked all ten of these teams to win out, which is statistically not likely. There may be an upset in there which changes things and a couple teams have pretty challenging games (Woods vs. Moeller for example). There are tons of games that may not seem important but actually are. Game between two teams that are 0-8, etc.

Anyway, here is what I came up with:

1-Anderson 35.3
2-LaSalle 33.9
3-Winton Woods 32.6
4-Sidney 27.8
5-Belmont 25.4
6-Troy 25.1
7-Chillicothe 25.0
8-Harrison 23.9
9-Edgewood 21.8
10-Teays Valley 21.0

You don't need a great schedule to do well in the playoffs, but playing a cupcake schedule will hurt you. Anderson's schedule in league play is fine. Playing in a solid league year in and year out helps you get ready for the playoffs, the game mean more than non conference games.

My only concern in the playoffs is Dreyer has never won a playoff game as HC. In HS A great O can win you championships, but you need some semblance of a Defense. Look at the Clemson in the college game, had great O and horrible Ds. Once they got even a decent D they went on to win big.

I think a tough, eye opening non conference schedule would help some teams in the region elevate their programs. I like what West Clermont did with their non conference schedule. You really need a way to measure yourself and then use the conference schedule to improve and be playoff ready. That the thing with Belmont, they haven't been able to truly measure themselves.

It only helps to a degree. Conference play IMO is better than a tough OCC when you are playing in a solid Conference.

It only helps to a degree. Conference play IMO is better than a tough OCC when you are playing in a solid Conference.

But if you're in a weak conference, like ECC or SWOC, then you need to challenge your team OOC. Especially when you look at Winton Woods and LaSalle, banging with the best in the state. You have to admit that 1 traditionally tough opponent would have helped Anderson this season. I know Anderson scheduled tough games in the past.

This is exactly what Colerain does.

Last edited:
But if you're in a weak conference, like ECC or SWOC, then you need to challenge your team OOC. Especially when you look at Winton Woods and LaSalle, banging with the best in the state. You have to admit that 1 traditionally tough opponent would have helped Anderson this season. I know Anderson scheduled tough games in the past.

:rolleyes:

And comments like this is why I cant take you serious. You all have not had a deep playoff run since you went Independent. So do those tough schedules really help you?

Last edited:
Looks like DMR added this into his post, but it's exactly what Colerain does. No one has touched them in the GMC, but their OOC included LaSalle and X.

The one thing I will say about Anderson is that they have been in close games. They look like they have been tested to a degree. They played a tough D1-sized opponent from WV in Week 1. They scrimmaged Elder. And they tried to play a GCL opponent, McNicholas just wasn't that good compared to the team Anderson has.

:rolleyes:

And comments like this is why I cant take you serious. You all have not had a deep playoff run since you went Independent. So do those tough schedules really help you?

And Anderson hasn't had a deep playoff run since the ECC formed. So has that conference really helped You?

This is exactly what Colerain does.
Uh, beyond hilarious. Uh in one post DMR preaches how WW would so improve both the ECC and the SWOC, and now they are weak conferences. Uh, Woods will never get in a league, because they recruit and go get the players they need. Uh the ECC figured that out and left Woods out of their new league. Uh maybe Woods can appeal to a higher authority and get in the GCL South. Uh yeah right.