2017 Divison 2, Region 8 Playoff Picture

DonMagicRon

I know very little about the Harbin system, so this is my take, a layperson's take.

LaSalle- 3 time defending champs. I don't see them winning out (St. X) but could maintain the top stop at 8-2. Still have a meat grinder of a schedule. 7-3 top 4?

Winton Woods- I also don't see the Warriors winning out. Injuries are a real concern. We're losing key players as key players return. Two more wins should guarantee a top 4 spot. LaSalle and Winton Woods will be battled tested far more than any other teams in the region, which will be a HUGE advantage.(unless everyone is on crutches)

Anderson- looks like Anderson got somewhat of an eye opener Friday. Could be just what was needed to refocus. Skins still have Milford and West Clermont left. I think Skins will finish 8n top 4.

Sidney- Big win over Piqua and has a huge game against Troy. That game could determine if they host

Belmont- will win out but I thinkbthey will be on the road. I just want them to stay away from Winton Woods. Coach White is no joke. They would give a team like Anderson fits.

Edgewood- Potential SWOC Champions. I consider them a dark horse. Will be keeping an eye on their game with Columbus Desalles to see if they are a contender or pretender.

Harrison- should when out. Has already faced Edgewood and loss. I don't think they could handle the defenses at the top (Winton Woods and LaSalle)

Chillicothe- will need to beat Jackson to qualify and if they do, they will be a running clock victim to someone in the top 4.

Troy- in the mix and could secure a spot with wins over Sidney and Piqua. Won't be easy.

I can't see any other teams making it, especially one with 4 losses. Need to check Kings and Lima.

If Anderson wins out, they are likely 1. If they lose once they are probably a 3.

In any combination, Anderson, LaSalle and winton woods are 1,2,3 and probably in that order.

If Sidney wins out they can get in the mix. Losing to Troy they are likely 4.

Even winning out, Belmont doesn't get higher than 5.

Chillicothe will be heavy favorites in their last 4 and should finish 6th.

Assuming Edgewood loses to DeSales and Harrison wins out, they have the edge for the 7 and 8 spots.

Troy bumps out the lower of those two by beating Sidney.

Teays Valley is the only other one with an outside chance and its slim.

So, barring big injuries or other randomness:
Anderson
LaSalle
Winton Woods
Sidney
Are all likely to host

Belmont
Chillicothe
Are pretty much locks

Harrison
Edgewood
Troy
Are the three fighting for the last two spots.

Joe Eitel Current Standings

1 5-1 LaSalle
2 6-0 Winton Woods
3 6-0 Anderson
4 6-0 Sidney
5 6-0 Belmont
6 5-1 Edgewood
7 4-2 Chillicothe
8 4-2 Harrison
9t 4-2 Troy
9t 4-2 Teays Valley
11 4-2 Marion Harding

Drew Pasteur's final projection

1. Cincinnati La Salle (8-2) 33.25
2. Cincinnati Winton Woods (9-1) 30.71
3. Cincinnati Anderson (9-1) 30.50
4. Sidney (9-1) 27.10
(Top 4 earn a first round home game)
5. Dayton Belmont (9-0) 24.99
6. Chillicothe (8-2) 24.40
7. Trenton Edgewood (8-2) 21.75
8. Harrison (7-3) 21.25
(Top 8 earn a playoff berth)
9. Troy (7-3) 20.05
10. Ashville Teays Valley (8-2) 20.05
11. Marion Harding (6-4) 14.56
12. Morrow Little Miami (7-3) 12.70

This weeks big games:
Harrison (4-2) at Little Miami (5-1)
LaSalle (5-1) at St. Xavier (6-0)

All I know is that if the Warriors qualify we are going to give a first round opponent a tough game.

Watched Sidney on TV last night and their offense is explosive. Defense was very shaky. I would like to see the Winton Woods defense challenge that Sidney offense.
Sidney has a HUGE game against Troy next week.

Watched Sidney on TV last night and their offense is explosive. Defense was very shaky. I would like to see the Winton Woods defense challenge that Sidney offense.
Sidney has a HUGE game against Troy next week.

Should be a great game. Troy's defense is stingy and Sidney's offense is explosive. While on the flip side, Troy's offense can struggle at times, and Sidney's defense has had trouble stopping anyone. So we will see how it plays out. I think Troy is still top dog of this conference but we shall see.

Should be a great game. Troy's defense is stingy and Sidney's offense is explosive. While on the flip side, Troy's offense can struggle at times, and Sidney's defense has had trouble stopping anyone. So we will see how it plays out. I think Troy is still top dog of this conference but we shall see.

Should be hell of a game hopefully Sidney can tighten up the defense some and you are right troy is still top dog in conference till they get beat and hopefully that’s next Friday lol
#gojackets

Region is getting very tight. I don't think Chillicothe has enough meat remaining on the schedule to hold off Harrison, Edgewood, and especially if Troy can take down Sidney.
Troy/Sidney game will have ripple effects thru this whole region.

Current positions:
1. Lasalle. 6-2
2. Anderson. 8-0
3. Winton Woods. 7-1
4. Sidney. 7-1
5. Belmont. 8-0
6. Troy. 6-2
7. Harrison. 6-2
8. Chillicothe. 6-2

9. Edgewood. 6-2
10 Teays Valley. 6-2
11 Marion Harding. 5-3
12 Lima Senior. 4-4
13 Little Miami. 6-2

Mt. Healthy could play big time spoiler for the SWOC. The Owls play Harrison and Edgewood the final two weeks. Little Miami also plays Edgewood, if LM seeks respectability here's your chance.

It just feels like LaSalle, Anderson and Winton Woods are going to be hosting. LaSalle and Winton Woods will finish with a minimum of 7 wins, Anderson will have a minimum of 8 wins. Who's the 4th? I was thinking Belmont but they are playing a 9 game schedule and aren't picking up any L2s.

Mt. Healthy could play big time spoiler for the SWOC. The Owls play Harrison and Edgewood the final two weeks. Little Miami also plays Edgewood, if LM seeks respectability here's your chance.

It just feels like LaSalle, Anderson and Winton Woods are going to be hosting. LaSalle and Winton Woods will finish with a minimum of 7 wins, Anderson will have a minimum of 8 wins. Who's the 4th? I was thinking Belmont but they are playing a 9 game schedule and aren't picking up any L2s.

If they are playing a 9 game schedule shouldn't their divisor by 9/90... that could affect the points, because right now joe has them at 99, I think it should 89

I have no clue. Are you suggesting the 9 game schedule helps them?

I'm not saying it helps them, but I don't think it will hurt them. Their divisors will be based off 9 games not 10. It helps them in the sense it will not penalize them for only playing 9.

http://www.fantastic50.net/r08proj.html Final projections have

1: Anderson vs 8: Harrison
2: La Salle vs 7: Edgewood
3: Winton Woods vs. 6: Troy
4: Sidney vs 5: Belmont

I think Anderson, La Salle, Winton Woods, and Belmont win the first round games. I think La Salle vs Winton Woods is a de facto region championship game. I think Winton Woods pulls that out. I think Belmont beats Anderson but I could be wrong. I feel like Belmonts style of play poses issues for Anderson.

I think Winton Woods would beat Belmont in the Region championship.

Nothing is set in stone yet so it could be completely different here in 2 weeks.

http://www.fantastic50.net/r08proj.html Final projections have

1: Anderson vs 8: Harrison
2: La Salle vs 7: Edgewood
3: Winton Woods vs. 6: Troy
4: Sidney vs 5: Belmont

I think Anderson, La Salle, Winton Woods, and Belmont win the first round games. I think La Salle vs Winton Woods is a de facto region championship game. I think Winton Woods pulls that out. I think Belmont beats Anderson but I could be wrong. I feel like Belmonts style of play poses issues for Anderson.

I think Winton Woods would beat Belmont in the Region championship.

Nothing is set in stone yet so it could be completely different here in 2 weeks.

My lord. You all and Belmont! Belmont will not win a single playoff game mark my word.

I believe Belmonts offense would pose major problems for Sidney and Anderson on defense. Both teams can be very undisciplined on defense and seem to try to outscore people. Belmonts defense is very disciplined and flies to the ball. There schedule is garbage but they are dominating teams which is what good teams should do against bad teams.

I think La Salle and Winton Woods are tier 1 and Troy is a little bit below them. Very impressed with the Sidney score.

I've seen Belmont and Sidney. Both offenses are fantastic. Sidney's defense is horrible. Belmont's is very good but untested. I think Belmont has the edge in this one and will win a close high scoring affair.

One has to be very cautious calling out another team. Saying what another team is not going to do in the playoffs. Sometimes it's about matchup. I know that the Belmont schedule is garbage. Yea, it's well documented. But the Troy schedule is not much better. And I agree with Exit 29, that a weak defensive team would have problems with Belmont.

One has to be very cautious calling out another team. Saying what another team is not going to do in the playoffs. Sometimes it's about matchup. I know that the Belmont schedule is garbage. Yea, it's well documented. But the Troy schedule is not much better. And I agree with Exit 29, that a weak defensive team would have problems with Belmont.

Not much better? The Gwoc vs DPS? If Belmont has Troy’s schedule they’d have 4 losses.