'06 Football - Opponent Watch

Wayne vs. Fairfield...cancelled!!!

Cathedral - 3 vs. St. Xavier - 23

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20060902/SPT030101/609020438/

St. Ed - 31 vs Shaker Heights - 0

Lakeland - 42 vs. Miami Norland - 12

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060902/NEWS/609020424/1002/SPORTS

Covington Catholic - 28 vs. Dixie - 7

Elder 21 vs. Highlands - 18

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20060902/SPT030201/609020428/

LaSalle - 6 vs. Northmont - 11

St. Ignatius - 42 vs. John F. Kennedy - 0

Moeller - 42 vs. Middletown - 14

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20060902/SPT030101/609020441/

Last edited:
BIG loss for LaSalle, BIG win for Moe (even if the middies go 2 - 8) Elder just beat CovCath and Highlands two harbin COWs and is lookin good at 2 - 0. The cream of this crop though has gotta be Lakeland. Their o line runs 3.8 forties and they'll be here in two weeks.

XtremeXFan said:
BIG loss for LaSalle, BIG win for Moe (even if the middies go 2 - 8) Elder just beat CovCath and Highlands two harbin COWs and is lookin good at 2 - 0. The cream of this crop though has gotta be Lakeland. Their o line runs 3.8 forties and they'll be here in two weeks.

i heard chris rainey can run a 3.0 forty too lol

xwrestler103 said:
i heard chris rainey can run a 3.0 forty too lol

Rainey runs a 4.35 or something like that. And may get faster right now he his still training to get back in shape. If you guys did not know he has a shoulder operation like the last week of school or shortly after that. Anyway the basic run down of this weeks lakeland games is.

Offense: Saw the "new" offense and its sick. Basicly new being under a new offensive head coach. I cant wait to see it ran in full affect tho. Last night they just tested some quick plays and one turned into a 98 yard rainey touchdown. And like X our quarter back situation is answered castle jr. will do just fine.

Deffense: I think even better than last year. Norland got nothing at all. Only time they scored was a long pass which they're player was left open which was a mistake by your young second string defense. And then once there first string offense scored on our full second string deffense and thats about it for defense.

must say surprised with X i was thinking the indy game would be close even an upset if they made a mistake. So congrats and good luck with Eds. We get winter haven a top 4a team in the state here.

Last edited:
Week of 9/8
Wayne vs. Beaver Creek
Cathedral vs. Chatard
St. Ed’s vs. St. Xavier
Lakeland vs. Winter Haven
Covington Catholic vs. NewCath
Elder vs. Oak Hills
LaSalle vs. Xenia
St. Ignatius vs. Canisius
Moeller vs. Massillon Washington

Lakeland 34
winter haven 7

i was surprised i thouhgt the score was going to be closer. Winter haven proved tough in there first two games and is expected to make a strong run for the 4a title. They just could not hold lakeland.

Cathedral beat Chatard tonight 20-14. Bad news for Elder but good news for St. X. BTW just a heads up Indiana Class 5A Warren Central #1 in 5A played arch-rival and annual power 5A Ben Davis (ranked #2 in 5A tonight) Warren Central won 76-7 and left many of us stunned tonight. WC is good but they handed BD their worst loss in well over 20 years. Ben Davis btw beat Penn in week 2. Penn plays St. Iggy here soon. Just an Indiana football update

TopGun344 said:
what division is 4a in florida compared to in ohio?

probably divison 2. I dont know. Does that matter? Point is lakeland knocked off the team that will most likely be state champs this year in 4a florida ball.

TopGun344 said:
damn can i ask a question? jesus christ ur gettin all defensive for no reason. CALM DOWN

lol. sorry i was getting crazy there. But yea i dont know you would ask someone who knows the ohio system better than me. How do the divisons work in ohio.

CHS~Irish said:
Cathedral beat Chatard tonight 20-14. Bad news for Elder but good news for St. X. BTW just a heads up Indiana Class 5A Warren Central #1 in 5A played arch-rival and annual power 5A Ben Davis (ranked #2 in 5A tonight) Warren Central won 76-7 and left many of us stunned tonight. WC is good but they handed BD their worst loss in well over 20 years. Ben Davis btw beat Penn in week 2. Penn plays St. Iggy here soon. Just an Indiana football update

Wow...8 teams from Indiana and Ohio (5 from IN, 3 from OH) cross paths quite a few times, it'll be interesting how the remainder of these games play out:

Warren Central def. Ben Davis
Ben Davis def. Penn
Penn v. St. Ignatius
St. Ignatius v. St. X
St. X def. Indy Cathedral
Indy Cathedral def. Chatard
Chatard v. Elder
Elder v. St. X

Week of 9/8 Results
Wayne 40 Beaver Creek 7

Cathedral 20 Chatard 14

St. Ed’s 7 St. Xavier 10

Lakeland 34 Winter Haven 7

Covington Catholic 35 NewCath 14

Elder 42 Oak Hills 7

LaSalle 28 Xenia 14

St. Ignatius 52 Canisius 7

Moeller 48 Massillon Washington 14

Week of 9/15
Wayne vs. Xenia
Cathedral vs. Arlington
St. Ed’s vs. Springdale
Lakeland vs. St. Xavier
Covington Catholic vs. Beechwood
Elder vs. Concord De La Salle
LaSalle vs. Louisville Butler
St. Ignatius vs. Mentor
Moeller vs. Byrnes

Just an opponent update Cathedral won tonight 28-12 over Arlington...Not too happy about that as they made too many mistakes...Not a good thing when Arch-Rival Roncalli rolls into town next week...If the Irish keep fumbling and amassing penalties like they did tonight, they will not beat Roncalli.

Week of 9/15

Wayne 45 Xenia 17

Cathedral 28 Arlington 12

St. Ed’s 49 Springdale 3

Lakeland 25 St. Xavier 22

Covington Catholic 34 Beechwood 0

Elder vs. Concord De La Salle

LaSalle 42 Louisville Butler 10

St. Ignatius 29 Mentor 14

Moeller 20 vs. Byrnes 21

Last edited:
Week of 9/22

Wayne vs. Northmont

Cathedral vs. Roncalli

St. Ed vs. Chaminade Madonna Prep

Lakeland vs. Dr. Krop

Covington Catholic vs. St. Xavier

Elder vs. LaSalle

LaSalle vs. Elder

St. Ignatius vs. Penn

Moeller vs. Henderson County

Last edited:
Dr. Krop lol, funny stuff. This moe game being cancelled really hurts their playoff chances, they will now have to beat both Elder and LaSalle, plus pull off a huge upset over us or Eds.

Too bad cathedral lost, but HHW pulled out a HUGE upset that might put them back into the playoff picture.

Elder beating LaSalle in 2 OT was NUTS!, with 6 minutes left in the game it was 7 to 7, by the end of regulation it was 21 to 21, and it ended 35 to 34! It was nuts! There were a ton of people watching updates in the football forum cuz elder's web cast doesn't have nearly enough bandwidth. With that win Elder is sittin pretty for the POs

XtremeXFan said:
Dr. Krop lol, funny stuff. This moe game being cancelled really hurts their playoff chances, they will now have to beat both Elder and LaSalle, plus pull off a huge upset over us or Eds.

Too bad cathedral lost, but HHW pulled out a HUGE upset that might put them back into the playoff picture.

Elder beating LaSalle in 2 OT was NUTS!, with 6 minutes left in the game it was 7 to 7, by the end of regulation it was 21 to 21, and it ended 35 to 34! It was nuts! There were a ton of people watching updates in the football forum cuz elder's web cast doesn't have nearly enough bandwidth. With that win Elder is sittin pretty for the POs

Next week is lakeland heading to the reservation to take on cross town company lake gibson. Lakeland sould clean house.

Good for you guys, kill everyone you play and win state.

I only mentionmed your game cuz the team you beat was called Dr Krop...

XtremeXFan said:
Good for you guys, kill everyone you play and win state.

I only mentionmed your game cuz the team you beat was called Dr Krop...

same to you. Just win ohio and makes us florida boys proud. Lol. good luck with elder next week. And then la salle then iggy then moeller. Good god what season left to go. Well good luck and agin please kill elder. I hate the color purple lol.