'06 Football - Opponent Watch

NYCBlue

Opponent Watch....Week of 8/17

Cathedral vs. Carmel
Lakeland vs. Hillsborough
Covington Catholic vs. Boone County

Excuse me!!! Did you say that Lakeland was 'rained out'??? I know (having lived in California for 18 years) that the wimps in California do not play in the rain, but Florida!!!! Football used to be a man's sport.

Paco Wong said:
Excuse me!!! Did you say that Lakeland was 'rained out'??? I know (having lived in California for 18 years) that the wimps in California do not play in the rain, but Florida!!!! Football used to be a man's sport.
Well, it would be understandable if the field was flooded or there was major lightning, but if it was truly just because it was raining, that is soft.

Bomber06 said:
Well, it would be understandable if the field was flooded or there was major lightning, but if it was truly just because it was raining, that is soft.

Central Florida during this time of year gets wicked thunderstorms, almost on a daily basis.

Thunderstorms in Florida come and go fairly quickly. Remember a couple of years ago - I think the St. Ed's game at Nippert -- game was delayed due to lightening -- but the game was finished -- not cancelled. Not aware of any hurricanes this year hitting Florida.

Paco Wong said:

the rep for polk county school board attends the games. And if he says the game is off their is not much castle can do. Plus when the field is flooded and lighning in all around. I dont think it would be a good thing do when the game is just a classic. He was worried about the safety for both teams. I mean the band director at lakeland is being bashed because he had the band marching in this. So all in all i think board rep made he right choice.

Lakeland Blows out venice in what i would call the season classic. this looked like a warm up game for lakeland.

Lakeland 42
Venice 7

Last edited:
Week of 8/25
Wayne vs. St. Xavier
Cathedral vs. Detroit Renaissance
St. Ed’s vs. Benedictine
Lakeland vs. Venice
Covington Catholic vs. Elder
Elder vs. Covington Catholic
LaSalle vs. Lakota East
St. Ignatius vs. Boardman
Moeller vs. Lakota West

Is it just me or does it seem like St. Ignatius isn't that string this year? A 2 point win over Boardman is not very positive for that calibur team.

And the win for St. Ed's isn't very convincing either, a 17 point win is nice but they've gotta do better than that if X is beating a playoff team from last year by 38.

Eds D looked prety sweet last night. I watched most of the 2nd half and I think Benedictine only got 1 or 2 first downs the whole half.

What is the status on the teachers' strike at Wayne? X needs Wayne to win some games! Moeller's loss did not help with the Harbins either.

Iggy wont be all that strong this year I dont think. Boardman has won like 2 games in the last 3 seasons...

Moe could potentially finish the season 0 - 10

At the rate our opponenets are winning games X will probably have to go 8 and 1 to make the playoffs and we have a tough three weeks coming up here... and thats before going to Lasalle and Elder

7-2 will deff make the playoffs as well with our schedule.

Wayne will win 90% of their games as soon as they come back, only losing to Centerville... I'm guessin they'll end up 5-5?
Indy Cath always wins 7 or 8
St. Ed's will win their Herbie game easily and only toss up game will be us, so 9-1
Lakeland is a no brainer 9-1 if we beat them
Cov Cath is a solid 7-8 win team also
LaSalle and Elder should combine for 15-16 wins, anyway they get to that number
Moeller should get 3 or 4 wins, NOT 0

I assumed those wins if we ran the table... We'll be in fine shape at 7-2. 6-3 i really doubt gettin in, though

Wayne just forfited their game for this week so assuming they come back after missing a game and a week of practice 4-5 is genourous for Wayne. (4 - 5)
Indy Cath should win 7 or 8, I agree with you. (8 - 2)
ASSUMING eds isnt one of the 2 teams we lose to they will win 9 (9 - 1)
ASSUMING lakeland isn't a team we lose to (9 - 1)
CovCath already lost one to Elder and will lose to us bringing them down to max 8-2, so I'll give you 8 wins (8 - 2)
LaSalle will lose to us and Elder leaving them hopefully at 8 wins, but LaSalle has a history of under achiving... (8 - 2)
Elder will lose to Massilon and us leaving them at a max of 8-2 but look at their last season. I doubt they get more than six wins but hopefully they do. (8 - 2)
I was sorta joking about zero wins for Moeller, but face it Crable is crap they just lost to LW and I'm sure losing by 180 to Byrnes won't help their confidence much so I'll give them three wins. (3 - 7)

Now look at our (beaten) opponents record assuming we go 7 - 2. 39 and 20. We'll end up with an L2 divisor of 8.9 assuming Wayne gets back by week 3. 7 and 2 could have us biting our finger nails week ten or even in the same position LS found themselves in last year when beating a loosing squad lowered their Harbins enough to push Fairfield ahead of them into the playoffs.

The one real simple solution to this problem is to beat all of those teams and go 9 and OH

i dont really understand how our strength of scheduel could possibly be a problem. i guess i dont understand the harbins well enough, but we have the toughest scheduel i've seen and it would be a travesty for the bombers not to make it into the play offs at 7-2

The problem with how hard our schedual is, is that it is SO hard in the only 2 games anyone sees us possibly losing and then the rest of the real hard teams play each other and tack losses onto each other. With only nine games im saying there is room for doubt with a 7-2 record. Im also saying I'll be cheering the team towards 9-0 because I dont really care to think about possibly not making the po

Get phyced for friday it'll be tough

XtremeXFan said:
Wayne just forfited their game for this week so assuming they come back after missing a game and a week of practice 4-5 is genourous for Wayne. (4 - 5)

We'll end up with an L2 divisor of 8.9 assuming Wayne gets back by week 3.

If Wayne gets back by week 3 then the rest of the schedule will goes as follows:

@ Beavercreek (W)
vs Xenia (W)
vs Northmont (Toss up)
vs Springfield North (W)
@ Springfield South (W)
@ Centerville (L)
vs Fairmont (W)
@ Troy (W)

with that schedule, I'm sensing that they will go 7-3, maybe 6-4. I was assuming they wouldn't get back until the Xenia game... 4-5? No way, the GWOC isn't THAT good...

WSB and 102 are correct, but XMF, dont give HHW wins at Troy or SS so quickly those could be tough games. Northmont would almost certainly be a (L) after missing a week of practice and games a lot dependes on how they bounce back. What they are going throgh is alot for a team to take.