'06 Football - Opponent Watch

I truly am sorry St. Xavier lost to Colerain, I really wanted them to repeat as Ohio Div-1 State Champions. Congrats on a great season and best of luck next year. It may be a moot point now, but the Cathedral Fighting Irish dispatched Columbus East tonight 37-6 @ Columbus East. They will now be playing for the State Championship in Class 4A next Saturday in the RCA Dome against Concord. Yet another tough opponent who is averaging 42 ppg. It should be a tough game none the less and Cathedral is already being dubbed the underdog. Hopefully we are up to the task. Can't wait to battle the Bombers again next football season, I really enjoy watchig these 2 teams play each other. God Bless

lakeland blanks state ranked lake gibson. 24-3. After awhile the Naught offense looked to just be running random plays to see what worked. What should have been a though fought 6 point rematch turned quickly in to a 24-3 blowout and a lakeland circus of plays.

Last edited:
Indiana State Championship games this weekend:

Friday Night:

Class A
Sheridan 34 Indnpls. Cardinal Ritter 28 in O.T.
Sheridan captured their 10 State Title under Coach Wright finished 15-0

Class AA
Fort Wayne Harding 20 Southridge 7
Hardings first state title they finished 11-4

Saturday Night:

Class AAA
Chatard 7 Norwell 0
Chatards 8th State Championship they finished 14-1 (lone loss to Cathedral)

Class AAAA
Cathedral 38 Concord 14
Cathedral's 6 State Title they finished 13-2 (losses to St. X and Roncalli)

Class AAAAA
Warren Central 35 Carmel 14
Warren Central's 4th straight 5A State Title 6th overall they finished 15-0

As far as I know St. X will still be coming over next year to play Cathedral. I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure our AD said our schedule will start out @Carmel, @Warren Central, St. Xavier, Chatard, @Roncalli

No, I don't think so. You should check out the football 07 thread. I'm pretty sure that we dropped you. No offense, but Specht isn't going to come back after what happened last season (the refs).

It is ironic that when Specht was talked to after that game in 2005, and after the game this year he never said a word about it. You are going to get good calls and bad calls from officials no matter where you go. Overall in that game St. X only had 6 penalties to Cathedral's 5 not very much disparity there.

In all honesty Specht probably should have been praising the officials after the game. It was after all the official tha got in the way of Cathedral's QB when he ran into him and fell to a knee. He did have a receiver open in the endzone, and after that they were forced to kick a FG.

If lone reasons to drop a team is because of some officials, that A.) probably won't be doing the game this year and B.) Cathedral had no control over who is officiating in the first place then I say that is poor judgement. Every coach I have ever met or known, knows that you are going to have your good days along with your bad days with the officials. Blaming Cathedral for something that is out of their control however is pure idiotic.

All of that being said I just spoke to the AD and Asst. AD today and they still say that Cincy St. X is on our schedule, but they did not give a date. the only confirmed date I could get was week 1 @ Carmel because we are webcasting that game.

BTW I am a graduate of Cathedral but I webcast football games from all over Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, and Kentucky. Trust me there are good and bad officials in all the states listed one is no better than the other.

Confirmed teams on the Cathedral Fighting Irish schedule (some have not been determined Home or Away yet):
@ Carmel (5A)
Home Cincy St. Xavier (Ohio D-1)
Home Chatard (3A)(possibly in RCA Dome)
Away Arlington (5A)
Away Roncalli (4A)
Cincy Moeller (Ohio D-1) (unsure Home or Away)

Game not confirmed yet:
Warren Central 's Warrior Classic, if held Cathedral may be playing Louisville Male. If not more than likely a Warren central vrs. Cathedral match-up. Word is the Classic will be held so likely Male other teams in the classic not confirmed yet.

Games dropped from Cathedral's schedule:
Jay County (4A) possibly dropped was a home and home series
Gary Roosevelt (4A) definitely dropped replaced with Moeller
Evansville Bosse (4A) definitely dropped no replacement

2 open spots on the Cathedral roster.

Finally has been confirmed that the Warrior Classic will be going on at Warren Central. The night cap game will be Warren Central vrs. Cleveland Glenville. Cathedral has a possibility of playing 1 of 2 different teams either Louisville Male or a team that has yet to be named.

CovCath is playing in their state title game this weekend-theres a possibility that 3 teams we played will win state
Cathedral-W
CovCath-? hopefully W
Lakeland-? probably W

Hey naughty what's up with the whole Chris Rainey ordeal? Havn't been hearing many good things, but good luck in the finals this weekend (or have they already played?).

Hey naughty what's up with the whole Chris Rainey ordeal? Havn't been hearing many good things, but good luck in the finals this weekend (or have they already played?).

That crap is so not true that it makes people at the school laugh. And yea we played and we won.

6 tix Floirda 5a Big school champs

Only big school to every do it 3 years in a row. And top of that Maintain A #1 ranking two years in row. I want St.X or Colerain to Face Miami Northwestern next year. They are coming up there. And A florida team should not pull no horrible team. We want another ohio powerhouse.