Cross County Conference 2020 Season

Any other schools having issues with the amount of fans allowed to attend the football games? TVS is playing CCPA at Cincinnati Summit Country Day. Their field only has seating on one side of the field. They originally stated that each player/cheerleader would get only 1 ticket for a fan to attend. Now the Seniors get 2 tickets, but everyone else only gets 1. This is the least amount of fans that have been able to attend a game all year. I wish they could have chosen a different field to play this game, but I guess that's why they are the higher seed. I just feel bad for the non-Seniors as only 1 parent will be able to watch. It's even worse for split families..
That does suck for the players and their families. CCPA does not have their own field but they play their “home” games at Summit Country Day.

Does anyone know if the NT is tonight their twitter says it tonight but everywhere else says its tomorrow does anyone know?

TVS 0
CCPA 28

1:17 left in half. Too many athletes on CCPA. Really impressed with their QB. Very athletic and can make the throws. We have gotten some drives going on the ground but they have all stalled out.
I'll shocked. CCPA has played a tough schedule but they've been blown out. TVS must not believe they can win.

Really happy for Bradford getting a win. Another nice win for Ansonia. It’s nice to see the CCC schools getting a playoff experience too. Even if those were losses such as Trail and TVS faced. Cool experiences for their programs.

It'll be interesting to see CCPA vs. Tri Village. They are very similar teams, and I think this game will be a shoot out. The CCPA QB is very similar to Sarver as the offense runs through him and is also one of the key members of the defense. He's 6'3 and a very good athlete, and he was in the shotgun all night with 5 WR's throwing the ball around. I still think Tri Village is a 2-3 TD favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if CCPA puts some points on them.
With all due respect. Lighting it up vs TVS is totally different this year than doing it against TV. I would never think that if TV hadn't laid it on FL. Let's hope for a great game. Realistically I think TV out guns them. 56-21.

This was National Trails 2nd appearance in the playoffs and they were hoping to make history with their 1st playoff win, but it was not to be. The National Trail Blazers played with the Triad Cardinals for a half but faltered after halftime - the Blazers were only down by a score 7-14 at the break. But in the 2nd....

Summary and pics at:

Chris Tilton Sports

You are absolutely correct. It will be a much more difficult task to do it against Tri Village. I'm also not saying that CCPA will win the game, I just think they will score some points. They even put 24 points on Roger Bacon this year. They will be a much different matchup for Tri Village than what they've seen this year, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if CCPA keeps it close for a little bit. In the end I do expect Tri Village to win big. I think the Freshman RB for Tri Village will have a big game. The most momentum we were able to get going was when we ran the football.
Can TV compete with Marion?

congrats to Arcanum as they are the only CCC team to get a playoff win this week and also congrats to Bradford on breaking that horrible streak

Week 8 CCC schedule *Playoff games only

DVII Region 28

#10 Tri-County North @ #7 Ansonia

#13 Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy @ #4 Tri-Village

#15 Troy Christian @ #2 Fort Loramie

DVI Region 24

#12 Arcanum @ #5 Covington

Last edited:
With all due respect. Lighting it up vs TVS is totally different this year than doing it against TV. I would never think that if TV hadn't laid it on FL. Let's hope for a great game. Realistically I think TV out guns them. 56-21.

That’s not totally true. TV has an outstanding offense but also a rather vulnerable defense. If you can score, you can compete with TV. Their win over Fort Loramie was impressive, but it shouldn’t mask a hole on the defensive side of the ball.

Week 8 CCC schedule *Playoff games only

DVII Region 28

#10 Tri-County North @ #7 Ansonia

#13 Cincinnati College Preparatory Academy @ #4 Tri-Village

#15 Troy Christian @ #2 Fort Loramie

DVI Region 24

#12 Arcanum @ #5 Covington

We should see the CCC have more success in Round 2. I expect Ansonia, Tri-Villave, Fort Loramie, and Covington to all win and advance.

CCC schedule week 8 *Non-Playoff game

Bethel @ Mississinawa Valley

National Trail @ Miami East

Northeastern @ Bradford

Twin Valley South @ Dixie

I was surprised in the Dixie vs. Arcanum playoff game how many points were scored by both teams. Maybe Arcanum can give Covington a little run for their money. It might be a get right game for the Buccs offense too. Dixie and TVS should see some points scored too. Should be an entertaining game to watch. Will be fun for to see those OOC rivals playing again.

I think Arcanum could give them a run for their money. I didn't really realize until recently of how good of a season the Sophomore QB (Schondelmyer) for Arcanum is having. I'd say if it wasn't for Sarver, he'd be the front runner for offensive player of the year. The Dixie game stats haven't loaded yet, but through 7 games he has somewhere in the ballpark of 1800 yards passing and 29 passing TD's. To go with over 300 yards rushing and 7 rushing TD's. That's pretty impressive.

Those are some impressive numbers! I worry about how their defense will hold up to Covington. Allowing 39 points to Dixie isn't a real encouraging number. Especially when you consider Dixie scored more than 15 points only once prior to that game.

The Dixie game stats are posted. He ended with 425 yards passing and 7 TD's, as well as 75 yards rushing and a TD.

You are correct about the issues they could have with Covington. I am more saying that Arcanum can keep it close, not that they will win. I think this game will be a good one.
Impressive stats, but I have to admit I’m more unimpressed with Arcanum’s defense giving up 38 points.

Unsure on players, I heard maybe 3 or 4 key ones are injured. Haven't heard when their returns to the field will be
They should still handle TC pretty easily. I do see a small slimiar of hope for TC if everything breaks perfect. But they have to play A+ A+, and FL can win with a D+ effort. TC line is massive, young and getting better so that might give them a few decent drives. Not much more than that. Skill positions are also improving especially QB and RB. But there injuries to RB#1 are just to much,

FL 42 - TC 14

I just saw that no one replied to this. I have a lot of respect for what TV did to FL so at this point my answer is yes, they can compete with Marion. However, they are going to need another effort like what they had against FL to compete with ML. ML will not be overlooking them and I'd guess their game plan for Tri Village will be very dialed in, so things will not be as easy.

I agree with all of that. The one thing a team like Marion Local will benefit from is being extremely physical on defense. I was able to watch the New Bremen vs. Marion Local game earlier this season. Both teams have outstanding defenses and are physical when running the ball. Tri-Village can definitely put up points, and competed with a physical team like Fort Loramie, but the Patriot defense is susceptible too. I think I would give the edge to Marion Local, but Tri-Village can make it interesting with their offense.

The Dixie game stats are posted. He ended with 425 yards passing and 7 TD's, as well as 75 yards rushing and a TD.

You are correct about the issues they could have with Covington. I am more saying that Arcanum can keep it close, not that they will win. I think this game will be a good one.

Holy cow, those are some impressive numbers. Accounting for over 500 yards and 8 TD's?!