Cross County Conference 2020 Season

ex_dc_atc

I didn't see a thread for this upcoming season in the CCC. What are the expectations for the league for this season? Predictions for the standings? Any schools potentially not having fall sports or football?

ghsknightsfan

1. Fort Loramie..

2. Covington..

3. Arcanum
4. Miami East
5. National Trail..

6. Ansonia
7. Mississinawa Valley..

8. Tri-Village
9. Bethel..

10. Twin Valley South
11. Tri County North
12. Bradford

the gaps in the text are here for a reason.

bobcat44

1. Fort Loramie..

2. Covington..

3. Arcanum
4. Miami East
5. National Trail..

6. Ansonia
7. Mississinawa Valley..

8. Tri-Village
9. Bethel..

10. Twin Valley South
11. Tri County North
12. Bradford

Looks pretty accurate. Any of the schools grouped together could flip flop within that group but definitely not moving up a tier.

ex_dc_atc

1. Fort Loramie..

2. Covington..

3. Arcanum
4. Miami East
5. National Trail..

6. Ansonia
7. Mississinawa Valley..

8. Tri-Village
9. Bethel..

10. Twin Valley South
11. Tri County North
12. Bradford

I imagine this is fairly accurate but am not extremely aware of what everyone brings back in the CCC this year. Has Miami East really fallen down that much behind FL and Covington? It's impressive to see Mississinawa Valley expected to see success again in football. My only other question would be how many kids Bradford expects to have? I know they ran on the bare minimum last year.

ghsknightsfan

I imagine this is fairly accurate but am not extremely aware of what everyone brings back in the CCC this year. Has Miami East really fallen down that much behind FL and Covington? It's impressive to see Mississinawa Valley expected to see success again in football. My only other question would be how many kids Bradford expects to have? I know they ran on the bare minimum last year.
Miami East- they’ve taken a step back but will absolutely be a top 4 team in the league still, but probably a 3 score game with Covington

Mississinawa Valley- they’ve lost some to graduation that i’m aware of but i don’t think they take a large step back

Bradford- they didn’t win any last year but the coach appears to have them going in the right direction. goal should be in the 20’s this year

D4fan

1. Fort Loramie..

2. Covington..

3. Arcanum
4. Miami East
5. National Trail..

6. Ansonia
7. Mississinawa Valley..

8. Tri-Village
9. Bethel..

10. Twin Valley South
11. Tri County North
12. Bradford

Looks pretty good with one possible exception, Bethel. They have gotten so large one of these years they will surprise people with a team that is actually pretty good. Based on last year I wont argue this is the year for them, but sometime soon.......

StateChampion2012

1. Fort Loramie..

2. Covington..

3. Arcanum
4. Miami East
5. National Trail..

6. Ansonia
7. Mississinawa Valley..

8. Tri-Village
9. Bethel..

10. Twin Valley South
11. Tri County North
12. Bradford

The only thing I would change GHS would be lumping Tri-Village with Ansonia and Miss Valley and lumping Bethel with North, South, and Bradford.

ghsknightsfan

Bethel is bound to have a decent year soon enough. i don’t think they are bottom tier this year. they were kinda the wild card in all this so i threw them in with tri village

ex_dc_atc

They need to get the culture built at Bethel. It’s been bad for along time. Pytel was the last really successful coach there.
Totally agree. If I were a young head coach looking to start somewhere, Bethel would be very enticing right now. Moving to a new league, seeing the school and community grow, coupled with realistic standards of expectations. To me, it should be on the verge of some very nice things. They have athletes at Bethel too, always have. When I was in high school, a long time ago (1997) Bethel lost in the DIV State Championship game in baseball. They've had good basketball teams over the years. Etc., Etc.

ghsknightsfan

Totally agree. If I were a young head coach looking to start somewhere, Bethel would be very enticing right now. Moving to a new league, seeing the school and community grow, coupled with realistic standards of expectations. To me, it should be on the verge of some very nice things. They have athletes at Bethel too, always have. When I was in high school, a long time ago (1997) Bethel lost in the DIV State Championship game in baseball. They've had good basketball teams over the years. Etc., Etc.
a few years back they had some very strong classes in football and basketball. I think 2017 they made the playoffs with Clodfelter?

IndianaBanana

Really happy to see how Mississinawa take steps in the right direction (even though they might take a step back this season.)

Coach Trobridge's hard work is really paying off. Steve's a great guy and happy to see him give hope to the community. If there's a town that needs hope... it's Union City (both sides.)