Cross County Conference 2020 Season

I said anything can and will happen this year. I am not convinced Tri Village is that good yet. However, they certainly proved me wrong.

Where's the defense
What you ask here is intriguing. Against Covington they were very solid in the secondary, but mostly against the run. Covington's triple option doesn't yield many pass attempts. I did not see tonight's game, assume TV must have thrown more than ran? Did read their running back had 4 touchdowns so they ran at some point.

What you ask here is intriguing. Against Covington they were very solid in the secondary, but mostly against the run. Covington's triple option doesn't yield many pass attempts. I did not see tonight's game, assume TV must have thrown more than ran? Did read their running back had 4 touchdowns so they ran at some point.
Sounded like a heck of a game

Impressive win by Ansonia last night, good game for Arcanum, and finally congrats to twin valley south for their first win of the season

CCC schedule week 7

Bradford @ Catholic Central Friday *not state playoff game

Twin Valley South @ Cincinnati College Preparatory Friday

Mississinawa Valley @ Cedarville Friday

Miami East @ Anna Saturday

Traid @ National Trail Saturday

Dixie @ Arcanum Saturday

Bethel @ Maderia Saturday

Fort Loramie Bye

Tri-Village Bye

Ansonia Bye

Tri-County North Bye

Covington Bye

Last edited:
As a Tri-Village fan I thought they would lose by 30 + and if they played again I don't know who would win if they play again but I do think that Tri-Village should be happy with their win and that they deserved it

What's everyone's feelings about any of the CCC schools getting a first round win? I will be honest that I don't know much about some of the schools that we will be playing. I do feel that Arcanum will likely win. Many of the other games are up in the air and could be close.

I have looked into CCPA and I do believe TVS is in trouble in this one. CCPA is led by the 2019 OPOY for the southwest district Mark Smith. He's their QB and he threw for 1,800 yards last year and ran for over 1,000. Had 30 TD's... he's leading them again this year and they go 5-wide out of the shotgun and can score some points. That is just flat out a terrible matchup for us. I don't think we have the guys to cover them, and we don't score enough points to go toe to toe with them.
I feel like the only team getting a first round win will be Arcanum. In all reality they should be 5-1 except for the tough loss to Ansonia. South has a really tough matchup. I dont think they can cover the passing game that CCPA has. I believe Trail will lose to Triad. Triad has a really tough schedule up to this point and I do not think Trail will be able to hang with the phyicality Triad will bring. I am torn between the Miss Valley game. I think it could go either way, but I feel Cedarville has the tougher scedule, so that could play a part in the outcome of the game.

What's everyone's feelings about any of the CCC schools getting a first round win? I will be honest that I don't know much about some of the schools that we will be playing. I do feel that Arcanum will likely win. Many of the other games are up in the air and could be close.

I have looked into CCPA and I do believe TVS is in trouble in this one. CCPA is led by the 2019 OPOY for the southwest district Mark Smith. He's their QB and he threw for 1,800 yards last year and ran for over 1,000. Had 30 TD's... he's leading them again this year and they go 5-wide out of the shotgun and can score some points. That is just flat out a terrible matchup for us. I don't think we have the guys to cover them, and we don't score enough points to go toe to toe with them.

Cin. College Prep 42 Twin Valley South 21

Cedarville 21 Mississinawa Valley 14

Anna 42 Miami East 7

Triad 28 National Trail 14

Arcanum 35 Dixie 14

Maderia 28 Bethel 14

I'm pretty confident with these predictions for the Round 1 of the playoffs. My best guess for the CCC is that Arcanum should be favored against Dixie. The rest of the league is probably an underdog. Maybe National Trail can upset Triad or MV beats Cedarville.

Cin. College Prep 42 Twin Valley South 21

Cedarville 21 Mississinawa Valley 14

Anna 42 Miami East 7

Triad 28 National Trail 14

Arcanum 35 Dixie 14

Maderia 28 Bethel 14

I'm pretty confident with these predictions for the Round 1 of the playoffs. My best guess for the CCC is that Arcanum should be favored against Dixie. The rest of the league is probably an underdog. Maybe National Trail can upset Triad or MV beats Cedarville.
Like your picks as well, but Anna is down enough I will predict no running clock vs East. Triad vs Trail could get uglier IMO. I will go with 35-13.

Since we are opponents in the Pick'em this week, here are mine. ?

Cin. College Prep 12 Twin Valley South 15

Cedarville 21 Mississinawa Valley 0

Anna 35 Miami East 0

Triad 28 National Trail 20

Arcanum 28 Dixie 14

Maderia 44 Bethel 7

My CCC picks

CCP 21 TVS 28

Cedarville 14 MV 21

Anna 42 Miami East 0

Arcanum 34 Dixie 14

Maderia 37 Bethel 7

Triad 30 Trail 14

South 30 CCPA 24- CCPA does have an good QB but their schedule is bad.

Miss Valley 18 Cedarville 14 - feel sorry for the winner having to deal with the Flyers.

Anna 27 Miami East 24 OT- Anna's only win is Parkway so not sure how much credit to give them

Arcanum 28 Dixie 7- ?‍♂️

Maderia 21 Bethel 0 - isn't Madeira the school with the most playoff appearances with no wins?

Triad 33 Trail 21- winner travels to Cavalier Stadium

Covington 35 Ansonia 13

Bradford 12 Springfield CC 7- no one deserves to have a losing streak end more than the Railroaders.

Last edited: