Recent content by oskar

1. O

2023 Elder Football

Only toward you. It's called karma.
  2. O

2023 Elder Football

Certainly no one on this forum has ever accused you of not being presumptuous. Ignore me or leave, your choice not mine.
  3. O

2023 Elder Football

Capt. Obvious vs Capt. Oblivious? You might be on to something. At the very least they deserve one another.
  4. O

Are you a true West Sider??

When I was four or five years old back in the early 60's, I remember taking the bus downtown with Mom. I was fascinated by the stretch of Glenway from Quebec Rd. to State St. I grew up a block and a half from Prout's Corner so I'm not sure what it was that stood out for me. Except for the hill...
  5. O

Well in that case, Glenway would be significantly better if it went through ANY part of Cincinnati other than Price Hill. It's a traffic thing, Westsiders wouldn't understand. ;)
  6. O

I went back a couple of pages to see where anyone posted that they were, and didn't find it. How about from 8th and State to Race Rd. the westside boasts the most scenic and relaxing drive in all of Cincinnat, our beloved Glenway Ave., the greatest road that ever was or ever will be.
  7. O

2023 Elder Football

They did in '72, but beyond that I can't say because I don't know and/or don't remember.f
  8. O

I was for the last 12 years of my career. I pulled the pin, and retired a few days before Christmas 2020.
  9. O

Before I became a grumpy locomotive engineer I was a grumpy conductor. I never was a grumpy switchman because I never was a switchman. We referred to railroad cops as "gumshoes".
  10. O

On another note, I looked at the Price Hill Will website to see if they have posted any updates on the survey of Potter's Field. I didn't find anything new. Has anyone heard anything about what the survey revealed?
  11. O

I knew guys that did that, but I never did. Not that I was an angel or anything. I was grounded by my dad enough as it was. Getting caught by some grumpy switchman, and having it get back to dad most probably would have resulted in me getting grounded until I retired a couple of years ago. The...
  12. O

I can remember going there with dad when I was four of five. We went there several times just after dark. Dad would find a place to park and we would watch the fire. A few years later, probably 1965-66, I remember riding bikes with friends there to watch both the incinerator and Cheviot yard...
  13. O

Who can name the 11 parishes that got together to start Elder?

That's Satolli Glassmeyer's website. I graduated from St. Teresa in '71 with him.
  14. O

If it wasn't built in 1865, and had 23 creek rock steps leading up to the kitchen, you didn't go far enough. You have to go past the waterfall, up the hill about 1000', the house was on the north side before it burned down.
  15. O

If you go back far enough to cross Wulff Run four times, with the last crossing at the sometimes waterfall, then see the handmade sign "Verboten", one certainly went where one should not have been. Prior to 1973 that is.