Are you a true West Sider??

I'm sympathetic to this argument because it fills me with rage when folks cross in random places and dare you to hit them. That said, people drive horribly. The drive too fast, don't stop for folks in the crosswalk, change lanes in the intersection, 3-4 cars sneak through red lights after the change and nobody slows down in school zones.

It's why I like my three work-from-home days each week. I don't have to commute with you azzholes. 😂
Couldn't agree more with this post! Wish I didn't have to commute daily, my blood pressure would definitely be lower lol.

I'm sympathetic to this argument because it fills me with rage when folks cross in random places and dare you to hit them. That said, people drive horribly. The drive too fast, don't stop for folks in the crosswalk, change lanes in the intersection, 3-4 cars sneak through red lights after the change and nobody slows down in school zones.

It's why I like my three work-from-home days each week. I don't have to commute with you azzholes. 😂
I agree completely but choking traffic will not lead to better driving skills. Just a case of “Well, we have to do something.”

The third and possibly final round of homes along Muddy Creek Road slated for demolition could be gone by fall, the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati announced Wednesday.

Demolition will begin mid-July, MSD said, and the work should be complete by Fall 2023, "pending weather and field conditions."

The addresses lie along a stretch of Muddy Creek Road between Glenway Avenue and Westbourne Drive in both Cincinnati and Green Township.

In total, MSD bought 22 homes along that stretch and have so far demolished 13 of those. The final nine are to be leveled in this third round of demolition.

I agree completely but choking traffic will not lead to better driving skills. Just a case of “Well, we have to do something.”
That was also my first assumption ... just like with Glenway. But hell, it's worth a try.

We could talk about how our culture has us all in such a damned hurry, but that may be a bit too progressive for westsiders. :)

That was also my first assumption ... just like with Glenway. But hell, it's worth a try.

We could talk about how our culture has us all in such a damned hurry, but that may be a bit too progressive for westsiders. :)
Yeah, because Columbia, Parkway, Montgomery Road and Beechmont Levy are so much better.

Yeah, because Columbia, Parkway, Montgomery Road and Beechmont Levy are so much better.
I went back a couple of pages to see where anyone posted that they were, and didn't find it. How about from 8th and State to Race Rd. the westside boasts the most scenic and relaxing drive in all of Cincinnat, our beloved Glenway Ave., the greatest road that ever was or ever will be.

I went back a couple of pages to see where anyone posted that they were, and didn't find it. How about from 8th and State to Race Rd. the westside boasts the most scenic and relaxing drive in all of Cincinnat, our beloved Glenway Ave., the greatest road that ever was or ever will be.
I was responding to Mickey's crack about westsiders.

Well in that case, Glenway would be significantly better if it went through ANY part of Cincinnati other than Price Hill. It's a traffic thing, Westsiders wouldn't understand. ;)
Thanks. I guess I had that coming. Personally, I don't think there is a better view in Cincinnati than the 4000 block of Glenway.

When I was four or five years old back in the early 60's, I remember taking the bus downtown with Mom. I was fascinated by the stretch of Glenway from Quebec Rd. to State St. I grew up a block and a half from Prout's Corner so I'm not sure what it was that stood out for me. Except for the hill, it all basically looks similar.

It's all good mojo. I know I have to be reminded to laugh at myself on occasion. I have an older brother who is about as conservative as they come, and his broad stroke of the westside is how they can be so generous on one hand and such tight wads on the other. A rule of thumb that I attempt to observe is: if you can't laugh at yourself, you have no business laughing at anyone else. Ok I'm sounding sappy now so I'll just shut up.

Strong’s Brick Oven Pizzeria which has three locations in NKY and one each in Lawrenceburg and Reading is taking over the old Kenning’s Circle K restaurant on Bridgetown Road.

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 38
Strong’s Brick Oven Pizzeria which has three locations in NKY and one each in Lawrenceburg and Reading is taking over the old Kenning’s Circle K restaurant on Bridgetown Road.
Solid pizza. I frequent the Union location fairly often.

That should do very well in that location.

Saw on one of Jim Day’s pre game interviews, Graham Ashcraft lives in the incline District.

Tyler Stephenson also does, or at least did at one point. Pretty cool to see high profile guys living on the Westside.
Im kinda shocked at how they made no attempt to make his residence less identifiable. Now everyone who saw that segment knows exactly where he lives and the type of truck he drives.

Im kinda shocked at how they made no attempt to make his residence less identifiable. Now everyone who saw that segment knows exactly where he lives and the type of truck he drives.
Eh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Probably the only 2 Reds that 99% of the city would recognize out in public would be Elly De La Cruz or Joey Votto.