Recent content by Blast82.5

1. B

Central district 4× state placers (DI)?

Tommie Rolands? Luke Fickell? Jamie Kaser, Licking Heights? Rob Johnson, Watkins Memorial? (Obviously I'm guessing, not investigating!)
  2. B

Best kid not to make it to state?

Personal story: I went to college in VA, and wrestling alum get together at NCAAs every year. some years ago, one of the guy's sons was a successful coach in VA, perhaps even had a state championship team. Note that in VA, the divisions follow football for all sports, so there are SIX...
  3. B

Honoring Career Wins

This. Larger people have an advantage in EVERY sport other than wrestling. That includes even "non-contact" sports such as tennis, golf, baseball, soccer, swimming, etc. I understand being less enamored with "total wins" than with, say, SQ or SP results. But for christ's sake, let the...
  4. B

Ferrari crashes on the mat again

While I generally agree with your point, I suspect Iowa wrestling will be just fine.
  5. B

Dublin COFFMAN is going to Brecksville

Huh ??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  6. B

OSU vs PITT

Indeed I do ... I had two simultaneous thoughts upon seeing that live: (1) pretty impressive, and (2) what a jerk.
  7. B

Cliff Keen Las Vegas

133 - Neither Arajau nor Fix ... a bit disappointing.
  8. B

Super 32

Agree with some criticism of current FS exposure rules. The rules have changed over the years, but at one time the rules were: -- 2-pt exposure meant that the defensive wrestler went "elbow-to-elbow" or lower. -- 1-pt exposure was "hand-to-hand," but there was still a requirement that the back...
  9. B

Super 32

JMO: I don't think you could possibly have more stalling in college wrestling ... the very existence of riding time ensures stalling. I think takedowns should be rewarded by more than 1 point greater than an escape, so I like the 3-pt TD. I've seen way too many HS matches where one guy gets 3...
  10. B

UNC

I actually thought that Koll could build Stanford into, say, a perennial top 10 competitor, and that such success just might be a catalyst for a resurgence in west coast collegiate wrestling. I'll take him at his word that the UNC job was the one dream job that could remove him from what seemed...
  11. B

First Set of Rankings for the 2023-24 Season - July 26

Guys delay enrollment for a year, and instead enroll at the local community college and wrestle for the club team (Spartan RTC).
  12. B

2023 Final X

I think Blades is about the most athletically gifted woman, but I fear she has too many mental hurdles to get over. Just seems very fragile since the concussion. I hope she gets past it all, as she could dominate that weight.
  13. B

2023 Final X

Not that they didn’t try their hardest to gift it to JB again though….. Glad to see a 3rd match.
  14. B

2023 Final X

So, two matches now decided on (IMO) bs, after-the-match dissection of replays. Wow, just wow.
  15. B

2023 Final X

Anyone else fuming about the reffing inconsistencies? Yianni got Cautioned-and-one for grounding himself, but Richards did it about ten times in two matches while the ref observed. Vito’s throw clearly 5 … etc etc. Oh well … maybe I’m just sore because the stream fails every 30 sec.