Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Best story in baseball right now. Bucs win 2 of 3 from Dodgers with another good pitching performance and timely hitting. Nationals up next.
Maybe the Bucs can contend in the Central I don’t see any juggernauts. I’d be happy with 75-85 wins and build on that going forward.

Last edited:
Very fun team to watch. Appears to have good camaraderie with each other. Hopefully more fan support when the weather breaks. I was there Wednesday. A litttle chilly and around 12 K to see the Dodgers. If theyre still playing decent ball by June i wont be suprised to see about 17-20 K on weekdays and close to 30 K averaging on weekends.
I dont really recall too much restaurant/ bar scene during the Three Rivers days. Or maybe im misremembering. Somenody correct me if Im wrong

I was young but the area around the stadiums wasn’t developed like it is now till after they were built. It may have just been a sea of parking lot back then

Very fun team to watch. Appears to have good camaraderie with each other. Hopefully more fan support when the weather breaks. I was there Wednesday. A litttle chilly and around 12 K to see the Dodgers. If theyre still playing decent ball by June i wont be suprised to see about 17-20 K on weekdays and close to 30 K averaging on weekends.
I dont really recall too much restaurant/ bar scene during the Three Rivers days. Or maybe im misremembering. Somenody correct me if Im wrong
With apologies to Irwin20.....There is no more difficult place to get to, and especially to get away from than that north shore location where Pittsburgh's stadiums are located. Bearcats play Pitt in September, we are gonna park over by that trolly that goes up to Mt.Washington and try a boat ride to the football stadium. Last time we were up there for a football game it took three hours just to get across the Clemente bridge.

I would never park downtown for a football game honestly. Gateway Clipper from South Shore or in a lot north of the stadium are typically the way to go. Pittsburgh is god awful to get around at the best of times so there's really no quick option unless you want to leave in the 3rd quarter

I would never park downtown for a football game honestly. Gateway Clipper from South Shore or in a lot north of the stadium are typically the way to go. Pittsburgh is god awful to get around at the best of times so there's really no quick option unless you want to leave in the 3rd quarter
My son have done the Clipper from Station Square the last two games Steeler games we attended. The first time there was a long wait after the game to board the clipper back to Station Square. Last year we decided to walk back to Station Square after the game but we probably should have waited, that didn’t save much time. We parked in a garage near the Clemente bridge once and it took 45 minutes to exit.

Bucs win 2 today. A 61-73 record the remainder of the season would give them a .500 record which would be better than anyone’s expectations. I think it’s possible. I wouldn’t have said that a month ago.

Pirates slowly coming back to .500. MLB is a long season and eventually things average out. I still think @.500 is possible but they lost another starting pitcher today. The division is not all that great and that helps. If things work out 2025 is the season they could have a serious run.

I just remember the Clark Bar & Grill. Fun place to go before and after the game. Not sure if its still around.

Pirates slowly coming back to .500. MLB is a long season and eventually things average out. I still think @.500 is possible but they lost another starting pitcher today. The division is not all that great and that helps. If things work out 2025 is the season they could have a serious run.
I honestly think 2024 could be a good one. Reynolds locked in multi-year. Cruz comes back healthy. Pitching solidified. Feel good story about Cutch coming back but he's on the 18th green.
I really didn't know Santana was that good of a defensive 1st baseman until this year.

That was a bad loss last night to an awful team. Ok so the A’s are going to win a game once in awhile but the Pirate ace was on the mound and they weren’t even competitive. Kellers last 4 starts have not been very good and they need him to be good to have any chance to compete. He’s reverting back to his 2022 form. Secondly what’s the deal with not hitting with runners on base? This is also becoming a concern even in recent wins. Bucs better win this afternoon..losing a series at home to this dreadful team is not good.

Thanks for helping out the Reds! It's pretty sad that this thread has been on this same page 9 since April. Pirates have had a decent season and y'inz should have plenty to talk about. I guess no one gives a s___ about the Buccos.

Thanks for helping out the Reds! It's pretty sad that this thread has been on this same page 9 since April. Pirates have had a decent season and y'inz should have plenty to talk about. I guess no one gives a s___ about the Buccos.
It's an Ohio based sports board, there aren't going to be many Bucs fans here.

It's an Ohio based sports board, there aren't going to be many Bucs fans here.
......this statement just led to a question in my head. I've never seen or heard about any Detroit fans here, on Yappi or IRL ( In Ohio) Is there a Detroit fan base in the Toledo area? Does the Toledo media report on their teams? The fact that the Steelers and Pirates even have dedicated threads on a Ohio forum speaks volumes, even if they don't have as many pages as their Ohio counterparts

......this statement just led to a question in my head. I've never seen or heard about any Detroit fans here, on Yappi or IRL ( In Ohio) Is there a Detroit fan base in the Toledo area? Does the Toledo media report on their teams? The fact that the Steelers and Pirates even have dedicated threads on a Ohio forum speaks volumes, even if they don't have as many pages as their Ohio counterparts
I think in Toledo they report equally on Detroit and Cleveland. Funny you bring this up because I am a Detroit Pistons fan.

Heading into April 30, the Pirates were 20-8.

Since? 20-40. Playing .333 baseball for more than two months, and eliminated from any type of contention before the All-Star Break. Ouch.

Is this team helmed by Derek Shelton or did Stockton Rush take over?