MCK 2023

Canton McKinley has become Canton Timken in sports.
McKinley has taken a Timken style of approach and attitude toward Things. Warren Harding had the same thing happen to them after there merger with Reserve a lot of interesting parallel's

McKinley has taken a Timken style of approach and attitude toward Things. Warren Harding had the same thing happen to them after there merger with Reserve a lot of interesting parallel's
I think McKinley will be on the upswing in the future.

quick review of schedules previous to the league and now. I don't see how strength of schedule was superior in anyway before the league. They routinely played Glenoak, sometimes hoover, STA, CCC, a cleveland school or two (iggy and glenville were not the same in the 70s and early 80s)

which championship year do you want to discuss - we can look at the last 3 and tell me how those schedules were so much harder?
The playoff record before and after the joining of that league says differently ! mckinley would always have a great class every 3-4 years and one that the Coaches and fans would tell everyone to look out when this class of 8th graders are in high school etc.
When was the last time anyone has said that around the mck program ? There are just too many families leaving Canton and not nearly as many moving in. The transfers you are bringing in just aren’t doing anything either.
Both the 97 and 98 teams played St Ig during the regular season which helped them each year since they had to play them again in the playoffs to make the title game, St Ig alone is tougher then any team on the schedule in at least the last 15 years.
Now run your mouth with your 3rd grade comments but the fact of the matter is you can’t prove any of the above statements wrong.

Agree about the Timken-style approach. That starts at the top.
I don't see a lot of parallels between Harding and Western Reserve to McKinley and Timken. What do you mean by that?

Agree about the Timken-style approach. That starts at the top.
I don't see a lot of parallels between Harding and Western Reserve to McKinley and Timken. What do you mean by that?
Parallel is enrollment between both are declining, thus winning is declining

The playoff record before and after the joining of that league says differently ! mckinley would always have a great class every 3-4 years and one that the Coaches and fans would tell everyone to look out when this class of 8th graders are in high school etc.
When was the last time anyone has said that around the mck program ? There are just too many families leaving Canton and not nearly as many moving in. The transfers you are bringing in just aren’t doing anything either.
Both the 97 and 98 teams played St Ig during the regular season which helped them each year since they had to play them again in the playoffs to make the title game, St Ig alone is tougher then any team on the schedule in at least the last 15 years.
Now run your mouth with your 3rd grade comments but the fact of the matter is you can’t prove any of the above statements wrong.
Always the tough guy #82,please read the post from JAF,#33...BAM!

Parallel is enrollment between both are declining, thus winning is declining
I don't know how you can make that statement with McKinley...yes with Harding, they have 484 boys in top 3 grades. McKinley has 906 boys in the top 3 grades. There are 11 schools in the state that have more students then McKinley, they are Centerville 1065, Fairfield 1243, Hamilton 1156, Lakota East 1017, Lakota West 1097, Mason 1300, Oak Hills 917, Reynoldsburg 919, St Ignatius 1053, St X 1038, West Clermont 917. Enrollment is not a declining issue for McKinley...there are other issues that are in play

I think McKinley will be on the upswing in the future.
I don't know how you can make that statement with McKinley...yes with Harding, they have 484 boys in top 3 grades. McKinley has 906 boys in the top 3 grades. There are 11 schools in the state that have more students then McKinley, they are Centerville 1065, Fairfield 1243, Hamilton 1156, Lakota East 1017, Lakota West 1097, Mason 1300, Oak Hills 917, Reynoldsburg 919, St Ignatius 1053, St X 1038, West Clermont 917. Enrollment is not a declining issue for McKinley...there are other issues that are in play
Most importantly, we have to make sure our kids stay home. I like how I saw Hall go to the Middle schools to talk to the kids about going to McKinley. We have to recruit the kids.

You’re looking at just McKinley though. You really have to look at all of Canton City because it was city-wide open enrollment when there were multiple high schools. The best athletes in the city for the majority of years went to McKinley.

I will agree with you though that there are other issues as well.

Most importantly, we have to make sure our kids stay home. I like how I saw Hall go to the Middle schools to talk to the kids about going to McKinley. We have to recruit the kids.
McKinley now has control over the youth sports program now.

Screenshot_20230224_212923_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230224_213826_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230224_214023_Google-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20230224_214131_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230224_214248_Chrome.jpg

You loons all better hope Hall isn't successful, if he keeps kids from going to any number of places and they stay together then we may see a power house team. I like that Canton just needs to keep their talent and not have to be so heavily dependent upon Akron talent recruited in or neighboring district kids recruited in like another school does.

Because a team of just Canton kids is ALWAYS GREATER THAN a team of just kids.
Except there are a few problems with the above post….the mck starting QB this year is from Louisville and your starting RB is from Alliance 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
The next time there is a mck team of just Canton kids will be the first time.

Except there are a few problems with the above post….the mck starting QB this year is from Louisville and your starting RB is from Alliance 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
The next time there is a mck team of just Canton kids will be the first time.
You're absolutely correct about the QB and RB. No issue there. As for the last part, name me a non-Canton player on the 1981, 1997 or 1998 OHSAA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP teams.

Canton McKinley has become Canton Timken in sports.
I don't recall Timken football ever beating 3 Federal League teams by more than 30 points (running clock), winning a league title and winning a playoff game. The Bulldogs did all of that last year. McKinley wants more than a Federal League title and wants to beat Massillon, but the narrative that you and many others put out there is ridiculous. If McKinley is in such disarray, where does that leave the teams the Bulldogs running clocked last year (GlenOak, Hoover, Green)? Or Jackson, who McKinley has defeated 16 times in a row, including a running clock in a playoff win in 2021. In basketball, McKinley had defeated Jackson 6 consecutive times before losing to them twice this season. McKinley has advanced to the Regionals in basketball twice since the merger, most recently in 2020. Timken made it that far once, ever.

Please let me know when Timken football defeated three Federal League teams by 30 points, won a league title or won a playoff game. If Timken had ever beat three Federal League Schools by 30 points, won the Federal League and won a playoff game ... well, I can't even imagine that and neither can anyone else.

Apparently, because none of the Fed programs were at McK's level in it's "hey day," that means they get a perpetual pass while McK is still held to a standard of its storied past even while everyone points out it's not what it was in the past? It just seems odd and, frankly, wrong that a program gets way more flak than the schools it beats soundly and regularly.

So, yeah, McK is not elite how I would like it, but it sure as hell isn't Canton Timken. Take this LAZY, IGNORANT narrative somewhere else.

Last edited: