D7 R25 2022

I wish I knew more about D7 teams across the state, but I’m still sticking with Springfield and FL both being Top 10 material in a state rankings.
Love the staff at Springfield, but seriously doubt they have the fire power to win it all this year. With one of the 10 most exciting players I've ever watched at QB (Brungard) they were one poorly executed punt coverage away from winning the title. Without him . . . it would be the equivalent of Tennessee winning the National Championship the year after Peyton Manning graduated.

My top 10...

DVII
1. New Bremen
2. St. Henry
3. Warren JFK
4. Newark Catholic
5. McComb
6. Lucas
7. Lima Central Catholic
8. Shadyside
9. Norwalk St. Paul
10. Minster
I'll bite. There are rumors that St Henry's qb decided to not play football. If true, that's a loss. Not 100% sold on the Redskins. Minster is still a ways off. They do have a pretty shifty QB who is a sophomore who returns but they were incredibly young last year and only beat the Columbus Crusaders club team. I'd love to see them surprise me but for now I'm not counting on it yet.

Anyways my top 10:

1. New Bremen
2. Warren JFK
3. Newark Catholic
4. McComb
5. Lucas
6. New Middletown Springfield
7. Fort Loramie
8. Lima CC
9. St Henry
10. Norwalk St Paul

11. Degraff Riverside
12. Shadyside

I have them 3 or 4 I believe...we shall see. Hillsdale may challenge for the top few spots. Who knows.
Without a clear picture of who is bringing what back…it’s a no from me. I know. They ended their season in a double OT loss to NSP. But they were handled by United. Who was handled by East Canton. (Now in the region btw)
Based on SOS/Points standings I really have them fighting for top 7 in region.

I'll bite. There are rumors that St Henry's qb decided to not play football. If true, that's a loss. Not 100% sold on the Redskins. Minster is still a ways off. They do have a pretty shifty QB who is a sophomore who returns but they were incredibly young last year and only beat the Columbus Crusaders club team. I'd love to see them surprise me but for now I'm not counting on it yet.

Anyways my top 10:

1. New Bremen
2. Warren JFK
3. Newark Catholic
4. McComb
5. Lucas
6. New Middletown Springfield
7. Fort Loramie
8. Lima CC
9. St Henry
10. Norwalk St Paul

11. Degraff Riverside
12. Shadyside
McComb always gets a lot of love. I really tried to follow along last year and there was not much put out. So that’s interesting.

Become a new member under a different name and send it
1658439025254.png

Love the staff at Springfield, but seriously doubt they have the fire power to win it all this year. With one of the 10 most exciting players I've ever watched at QB (Brungard) they were one poorly executed punt coverage away from winning the title. Without him . . . it would be the equivalent of Tennessee winning the National Championship the year after Peyton Manning graduated.
I agree. I have a feeling they’re going to get off to a bad start to the season. Maybe I’m doubting them too much, or I’m just being realistic.

I agree. I have a feeling they’re going to get off to a bad start to the season. Maybe I’m doubting them too much, or I’m just being realistic.
They are going to get beat up the first 3 games I believe. If they come out at 2-1 then I'll reconsider my feelings towards them. Their league is full of powder puffs so there's not much to glean from it and they should win all of the league games.

Man you guys can talk it up. As a MSML fan, this is why I was rooting for JFK over Newark Catholic last year. The D7 Finals thread would have been entertaining. Once Newark Catholic advanced, I knew it was gonna be a snoozefest for reading material. Sounds like JFK is the Region 25 favorite this year? Could be a rematch from the 2020 finals then, as I expect New Bremen to be very good.
You should have said something last year! Look, we’ll all be big fans of whoever (it’s Kirtland) you end up facing this year and we’ll drop by to give you the business.
From what I’ve seen from the Hornet faithful, they are far to decent. Should be a blast?

They are going to get beat up the first 3 games I believe. If they come out at 2-1 then I'll reconsider my feelings towards them. Their league is full of powder puffs so there's not much to glean from it and they should win all of the league games.
I don’t think they get out 2-1, have a better chance of being 0-3 then 2-1 to me. They lose the Snyder kid too I believe who was solid for them, I don’t see many kids who stand out. Rb’s are pretty small this year as well

I was talking about Springfield
I’m aware. But if the knock on NM Springfield is that they lost a ton (they did) then I still pose the question regarding JFK’s skills spots.

I, unllike most, will not let TEMP lie to everyone and say Antwon beat Dalton last year when it was clearly Mr. Kiernan.

I happen to think JFK is in deep $#!+ this year unless these touted freshman payoff….??

I’m aware. But if the knock on NM Springfield is that they lost a ton (they did) then I still pose the question regarding JFK’s skills spots.

I, unllike most, will not let TEMP lie to everyone and say Antwon beat Dalton last year when it was clearly Mr. Kiernan.

I happen to think JFK is in deep $#!+ this year unless these touted freshman payoff….??
Ahh I gotcha I didn’t read that deep into it.

I don't kiss and tell pal.......Just know JFK will be just fine for years to come.....the next 6 years

I don’t think they get out 2-1, have a better chance of being 0-3 then 2-1 to me. They lose the Snyder kid too I believe who was solid for them, I don’t see many kids who stand out. Rb’s are pretty small this year as well
I agree. I think 1-2 is best case scenario for them.

No, Kennedy is very deep at the skill for the foreseeable future. Speed is off the charts.

Any chance Lowellville knocks them off in week 4? Or, are they not that far down? Lol.
Don’t think any of us can make this call. Low is a weird team. They can score a lot against none physical teams or get blow out by physical teams. This is a wait to call after a couple weeks of season.

Don’t think any of us can make this call. Low is a weird team. They can score a lot against none physical teams or get blow out by physical teams. This is a wait to call after a couple weeks of season.
Their preview on Wkbn the receiver said they can score on anyone regardless of division lol can’t stop a 6u flag team tho
I'm with you guys. Too early to call this one. I will say, a few years back, we played at Lowellville. It wasn't pretty. Their defense is atrocious. The only thing that was worth mentioning was their concession stand. Wow.

Any chance Lowellville knocks them off in week 4? Or, are they not that far down? Lol.
Doubt it. Skill wise Lowellville is very talented this year and Ballone and Bunofsky might be the top 2 players on the field against Springfield. That said, Lowellville loses 2-3 starters from their lines that were already not good, Springfield will have their way on the LoS. Lowellville's only hope would be Ballone creating a whole bunch of plays with his legs, somehow the game turning into a track meet and Springfield's DL getting wore out.