Reaction to Massillon Getting to Play at Home for a Title

What do you think about Massillon getting to play at home for their first real title?

• Advantage Massillon - they've only played one game outside Massillon all year so this is familiar

• Advantage Hoban - they get a little extra motivation to flex in Tiger town

• More pressure on Massillon - they would face the embarrassment of losing with every advantage

• More pressure on Hoban - home field still worth a couple points

• No real advantage to either

• It should never be allowed under any circumstance

• It adds another reason for the asterisk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say this until I'm blue everywhere; this is TigerTown's year, so it's only fitting.

Now, if they could sell refreshments for early celebration, preferably Doritos.

So there have been a few occasions this past week where Doritos, and no other specific snack product, have been mentioned in relation to Massillon. Is it a preference amongst Yappi folks? Does Massillon have a sponsorship deal with Doritos? Is it just coincidence? Am I missing something?

"No real advantage" is the leader (which is what I voted). 20% say they think it adds pressure on Massillon due to humiliation factor - "How could you lose? The game was on your field!!"

"No real advantage" is the leader (which is what I voted). 20% say they think it adds pressure on Massillon due to humiliation factor - "How could you lose? The game was on your field!!"

Pulling for the Tigers to get that 1st on field championships, but I’m with you & it’s on their home field so no excuses.

No it will be Hoban was a bit better with more good players who played well and won a hard fought contest. There would have bene no excuses no matter where they play , but I suppose playing at home for a state title is just par for the Covid Corona course

The last time I checked the field is still 100 yards long
with an end-zone at each end (10 yards deep) and the
field width is 160 feet. The goal posts and hash marks
are all set to high school regulations.

So the only worries that Hoban has is...
;) That the clock doesn't auto reset,
;) that the clock runs when the Tigers have the ball,
;) and that the lights don't go out! ;)

:>---

EGA

Could you imagine the uproar coming out of Massillon if this game was being played on Hoban's field?
Nobody is disputing that.
Hobans coach acted graciously.
Was he given a no win scenario?
Will home field advantage be enough to overcome Hoban.?

This is the way I see it:

Massillon, or the games were going to be cancelled.

Franklin went to DEFCOM 1 on the Rona Rating System so I believe if they didnt move it then the games woulda been canned.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Massillon has a great stadium and is a good choice to host the games. For those who think this is unfair, I feel like it is worth mentioning that in the Regional Finals this year, Hoban got to play at home (which they normally wouldn't get to do) and Massillon had to play on the road against Perry (which they normally wouldn't have to do).

Good stuff. I forgot that Massillon had to go to Perry and normally would have been on a neutral field. Additionally whoever wins will be the first to do it having to get through six playoff games.

Also Hoban is the favorite no matter where this game is played.

GO TIGERS

Nobody is disputing that.
Hobans coach acted graciously.
Was he given a no win scenario?
Will home field advantage be enough to overcome Hoban.?

WHY IS IT HOME FIELD? There will be 1500 people total there. I swear sometimes I think you guys have lost your dang minds.

Don't know how much it matters this year with fans so limited. Regardless of where the game would have been, Massillon would have had a significant home crowd advantage in a normal year. As it is, whatever "advantage" Massillon would have gotten from a larger fan turnout is mitigated and Hoban is shortening their travel time. Seems like a push/no advantage to me.

EGA
Classic. Best post of the thread but most people aren't old enough to know what it means. lol

Federal League is a very tough football league. My kids played for Alliancewhen they were in the Fed and would have been happy to win a game. The league championship trophy should be looked at with pride
League titles are absolutely looked at with pride, no doubt about that. Many put that as a goal knowing that if you accomplish that then you are in the playoffs.

Personally, I would choose one more playoff win over a league title any time.

EGA

LOL!!! There are some guys I know from Steubenville who still get twitchy when that 1966 game comes up.

EGA

Gotta love a little Hoosiers reference in the football forum....nice work!

Massillon’s got a great stadium. That may seem unfair to the other team, but if Massillon did not intervene, there would be no State Championship. Good luck to all the teams this week-end.

Could you imagine the uproar coming out of Massillon if this game was being played on Hoban's field?
Again--we played and BEAT Hoban at Infocision last year. Infocision is quite literally down the street from Hoban's field (which only holds 2500 at full capacity).

You can imagine all you want--we played what amounted to as close as any team could have for a "home" game within driving distance of Massillon in the regional finals against Hoban last year.

If they decided to play it at Infocision this year I'm sure there would be no outcry from anyone in Massillon.

The fact remains that Massillon got the games because we stepped up to the logistical challenge of hosting 6 football games in 3 days on 1 day's notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.