Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

This is what some really sharp people tried to tell us was a scenario that was predicted if WE did everything right, even though it was always the opposite . It was IF we did nothing . No mitigation . This lie is told to make it seem like trump is a hero somehow lol

Mr Trump appeared to be referring to an Imperial College London model in March that predicted 2.2 million deaths in a worst-case scenario of an uncontrolled spread due to total government inaction - a low bar to clear.

"The US represents less than 5 per cent of the world's population, but more than 20 per cent of Covid-19 deaths. It didn't have to be this way.
The population vs death metric again? ?

Message of the Day
message 7 months ago wear mas give us 2 weeks to flatten the curve

Just to set the record straight:

And while it's fair to say Trump should have done more sooner - though I would be curious as to hear what he should have done - almost all democrat leaders were criticizing closing the border with China and closing down the country back in February & March.

“We are entering the most concerning and most deadly phase of this pandemic ... leading to increasing mortality," Birx said Monday in a memo reported by The Washington Post. "This is not about lockdowns — It hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April. It’s about an aggressive balanced approach that is not being implemented."

We’ll likely see a dramatic rise in daily reported deaths over the next month. Thanks Trump!

Why? This graph which is one of the few accurate & honest depictions of covid deaths predicts only a slight increase over that time. And given the massive spike in infections this is good news about the relative weakness of the covid virus.

1604674487556.png

The CLI + ILI line is probably the best for predicting future deaths and it's barely rising.

Also note tht the death data is offset by 2 weeks and we still aren't close to the number of deaths that happened back in the Spring. This is because a lot of deaths were not classified as "covid deaths" back then. These have now been reclassified as covid deaths. But over the last few months they're calling ALL deaths in which covid was present "covid deaths". In practical terms this means that there will be much less upward adjusting in covid death numbers for the July - November period as there was for the March - June period

Oh and this is good news given the big burst in spread.

Why? This graph which is one of the few accurate & honest depictions of covid deaths predicts only a slight increase over that time. And given the massive spike in infections this is good news about the relative weakness of the covid virus.

View attachment 11665

The CLI + ILI line is probably the best for predicting future deaths and it's barely rising.

Also note tht the death data is offset by 2 weeks and we still aren't close to the number of deaths that happened back in the Spring. This is because a lot of deaths were not classified as "covid deaths" back then. These have now been reclassified as covid deaths. But over the last few months they're calling ALL deaths in which covid was present "covid deaths". In practical terms this means that there will be much less upward adjusting in covid death numbers for the July - November period as there was for the March - June period

Oh and this is good news given the big burst in spread.
Because a spike in cases usually signals a spike n deaths. Come back later when we are seeing 2k deaths reported each day in a couple weeks. We’re already seeing the spike forming with 3 straight days of ~1200 reported deaths. ??‍♂️

Because a spike in cases usually signals a spike n deaths. Come back later when we are seeing 2k deaths reported each day in a couple weeks. We’re already seeing the spike forming with 3 straight days of ~1200 reported deaths. ??‍♂️
SO ? Nothing can be done about it ? Shut down the economy same amount of people are going to die ( just put more people out of work ), check out Europe ( their per capita death stats from Covid are worse than the US ). Don't want to die from Covid stay in your house.

Reactions: y2h

The spike in cases started back in August/September yet here we are 6 - 10 weeks later with only modest death increases.

But hey keep rooting for big increases in the # of covid deaths. I'm sure Biden and company can keep blaming Trump. And then when he closes down the economy again and we actually slip into a serious recession or even a depression you guys can blame Trump for that to.

Look Biden has won so it's safe for you to stop rooting for the covid. It's your guys problem now and if things don't get better it's on him.

One thing you might notice is we won't be changing our argument no matter who is POTUS. Keep things open and reopen that which is still closed down. There is no other choice.

The spike in cases started back in August/September yet here we are 6 - 10 weeks later with only modest death increases.

But hey keep rooting for big increases in the # of covid deaths. I'm sure Biden and company can keep blaming Trump. And then when he closes down the economy again and we actually slip into a serious recession or even a depression you guys can blame Trump for that to.

Look Biden has won so it's safe for you to stop rooting for the covid. It's your guys problem now and if things don't get better it's on him.

One thing you might notice is we won't be changing our argument no matter who is POTUS. Keep things open and reopen that which is still closed down. There is no other choice.
Try to be mature for a minute, people are dying because of this virus. I don’t want a spike to occur, but it’s commonsense it will as that is what occurred with past case spikes.

I mean, we’ll know if there’s a spike or not n two weeks or so. I’ll be happy to say I’m wrong if it doesn’t materialize. I’m guessing you’ll refuse to admit you were wrong and make up a bunch of lies if the spike does occur. ??‍♂️

Try to be mature for a minute, people are dying because of this virus. I don’t want a spike to occur, but it’s commonsense it will as that is what occurred with past case spikes.

I mean, we’ll know if there’s a spike or not n two weeks or so. I’ll be happy to say I’m wrong if it doesn’t materialize. I’m guessing you’ll refuse to admit you were wrong and make up a bunch of lies if the spike does occur. ??‍♂️

BS you're rooting for people to die. Deny all you want but you saw covid as an opportunity to get rid of Trump and gain governmental power over people. Well congratulations you won. But now you own it.

And for the record the DEATH RATE continues to drop and that's the number I focus on.

BTW, I've already "admitted" that big increases in cases will lead to spikes in death. The key point is how big is the "spike"? If 100 people die in one week then the next week only 5 people die and then the week after that 10 people die we experienced a SPIKE. In fact deaths doubled. But the "spike" is small compared to the 100 people who died at the start.

It's stupid to keep throwing out "spike" as if that word alone is terrifying and means anything important.

If 100,000,000 Americans catch the covid there will be a spike. But the % of those that die will be very low in the absolute. And we will be able to carry on living including keeping the economy open and doing most of the stuff that make living worthwhile.

BS you're rooting for people to die. Deny all you want but you saw covid as an opportunity to get rid of Trump and gain governmental power over people. Well congratulations you won. But now you own it.

And for the record the DEATH RATE continues to drop and that's the number I focus on.

BTW, I've already "admitted" that big increases in cases will lead to spikes in death. The key point is how big is the "spike"? If 100 people die in one week then the next week only 5 people die and then the week after that 10 people die we experienced a SPIKE. In fact deaths doubled. But the "spike" is small compared to the 100 people who died at the start.

It's stupid to keep throwing out "spike" as if that word alone is terrifying and means anything important.

If 100,000,000 Americans catch the covid there will be a spike. But the % of those that die will be very low in the absolute. And we will be able to carry on living including keeping the economy open and doing most of the stuff that make living worthwhile.
Anyway, let’s check back in 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poland is an interesting country right now. They are one of the countries that did the best in the world at combating Covid-19.

After all these months of doing great, things have turned dramatically. Their infection rate has gone up over 20x and their death rate has increased at the same rate. How did this happen? What did Poland do so good at the beginning and what are they doing now that has caused so much death?

Awesome news:

As an aside, the Trump administration changed the regulatory envirenment that enabled a rapid development of a vaccine. As a result we have developed what appears to be a highly effective and safe vaccine in less then one year. This is an astonishing and unprecedented achievement. And now we'll see how the Trump administration's pre-planning to make & distribute millions of doses of the vaccine pays off.

Throw in the Trump administration's outstanding handling of the economy through the pandemic - unemployment has dropped to 6.9% combined with vigorous GDP growth - and the MSM's narrative that Trump botched the covid response is exposed as a lie.

Awesome news:

As an aside, the Trump administration changed the regulatory envirenment that enabled a rapid development of a vaccine. As a result we have developed what appears to be a highly effective and safe vaccine in less then one year. This is an astonishing and unprecedented achievement. And now we'll see how the Trump administration's pre-planning to make & distribute millions of doses of the vaccine pays off.

Throw in the Trump administration's outstanding handling of the economy through the pandemic - unemployment has dropped to 6.9% combined with vigorous GDP growth - and the MSM's narrative that Trump botched the covid response is exposed as a lie.
Good God.

That’s good. The rampant infections only have a 30% increase in dead people per your own data. We have a chance to keep the growth in deaths a bit below 100% if we keep winning like this.
You whine a lot like a typical liberal, but what would you do today to stop covid, not 6 months ago but now . Masks, shutdowns, cause they are working so well in Europe ?

Awesome news:

You lay zero responsibility on Trump for anything to do with this virus , but this possible vaccine which had nothing to do with him or 'warp Speed , FULL credit for it as an achievement ? Are you OK ? Outstanding handling of the economy ? What did he do that saved us? Isn't everything the states responsibility? What world are you living in ? 'This isn't going to be a serious virus folks" [Lotty in March } . So we don't have the most cases deaths and 19 percent of the worlds deaths despite having only 4 percent of the population ? Oh that's right , Covid deaths are counted wrong for money$$$ . Good Lord man , being you must be exhausting .