The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

We understand. Pathetic trolls gotta troll.

Funny that you get so butt-hurt over what t-shirt some Reds players where. Should they not have opinions about community matters? Dope.
If so pathetic why do respond? Every time ?

The future for the Reds:
Win the division in a asterisk season
Make the world series
Swept by Yankees
Fire sale in 2021
Ten year basement dwellers
Rinse and repeat
Damn you gals are stupid

So the Reds players have began wearing BLM t shirts at practice. Been a fan since I was eight years old so almost 50 years. Sad day for me as I’ll never watch or listen to them again. Marty must have been clairvoyant

Who would of thought that the REDS would support Communism. Count me out if this continues.....

Jesus, you people are pretty fragile. Grow up.

Yet, on the other hand, people like you won't be in the stands anymore in future seasons. Cool.

Wake up and do your research what the BLM organization really stands for..... and if you still want to support them then I honestly don't know what to say....

Lives of Blacks do matter and reform has been working..... but the BLM organization is a front for a Marxist Regime looking to destroy the American way of life..... just go to there damn website and actually read it.... I mean actually read it...... They are self admitted Marxist with connections with the Communist Party and they hate men...... HELLO, WAKE UP!!

Funny that you get so butt-hurt over what t-shirt some Reds play

Funny that you get so butt-hurt over what t-shirt some Reds players where. Should they not have opinions about community matters? Dope.

In today's culture one cannot offend others but it only works in one direction. Can you imagine what would happen if a baseball team was wearing shirts with the Confederate Flag on it, or one that says White Power, or something like that.... oh man..... the backlash would be unbelievable. Now, Millions of whites and Blacks are offended by the Black Lives Matters and I believe that this shirt should also be banned because of the true meaning of the organization.

I can understand that if this organization was legit I would have no problem with it but I did the research, I did the math, I found the truth as well as millions of others and noway should this be allowed to continue.

Back to baseball....

Thoughts on Bauer pitching every 4th day but the rest of the rotation on 5+ days of rest?

Sonny Gray named the opening day pitcher. Hmm.... Castillo goes 2nd.

Who DH's for this team?

Wake up and do your research what the BLM organization really stands for..... and if you still want to support them then I honestly don't know what to say....

Lives of Blacks do matter and reform has been working..... but the BLM organization is a front for a Marxist Regime looking to destroy the American way of life..... just go to there damn website and actually read it.... I mean actually read it...... They are self admitted Marxist with connections with the Communist Party and they hate men...... HELLO, WAKE UP!!

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 8.28.31 AM.png

In today's culture one cannot offend others but it only works in one direction. Can you imagine what would happen if a baseball team was wearing shirts with the Confederate Flag on it, or one that says White Power, or something like that.... oh man..... the backlash would be unbelievable. Now, Millions of whites and Blacks are offended by the Black Lives Matters and I believe that this shirt should also be banned because of the true meaning of the organization.

I can understand that if this organization was legit I would have no problem with it but I did the research, I did the math, I found the truth as well as millions of others and noway should this be allowed to continue.

Well, yeah, decent people tend to frown on racism.

You people are beyond help.

Back to baseball....

Thoughts on Bauer pitching every 4th day but the rest of the rotation on 5+ days of rest?

Sonny Gray named the opening day pitcher. Hmm.... Castillo goes 2nd.

Who DH's for this team?

I'm not sure I see any benefit in Bauer going every fourth day. Hopefully Gray and Castillo are six of one and half a dozen of the other. After the game has been played, it doesn't matter who the Opening Day starter is.

And they should probably rotate outfielders into the DH role with Castellanos going there most often.

I'm not sure I see any benefit in Bauer going every fourth day. Hopefully Gray and Castillo are six of one and half a dozen of the other. After the game has been played, it doesn't matter who the Opening Day starter is.

And they should probably rotate outfielders into the DH role with Castellanos going there most often.
Agree with rotating OF bats in the DH, especially the corner positions. Any value in adding Votto to that rotation to keep him fresh and in the lineup?

Last edited:
Agree with rotating OF bats in the DH, especially the corner positions. Any value in adding Votto to that rotation to keep him fresh and in the lineup?

Absolutely. I'd include Suarez and Moose as well. This team is really set up nicely to take advantage of the DH. Ordinarily during a 162-game season, these guys would get days off to stay fresh. But now you can just DH them and let them bat every couple innings.

So the Reds players have began wearing BLM t shirts at practice. Been a fan since I was eight years old so almost 50 years. Sad day for me as I’ll never watch or listen to them again. Marty must have been clairvoyant
Zeeman, we live in America and you have the ability and choices to do what ever you want. But I"m curious as to why you would sever a 50 year relationship with something you've been a loyal fan to, because the players wear some t-shirts? Is it really that big of a deal? I don't follow sports because i like the guys on the teams personal views on things. Never have.

The issue of Bauer going every 4 days is it screws up the days off for everyone else. Now if Disco or Miley really struggle and you need to pull the plug on one of them, or use them as a spot starter then maybe it works. I'd love to go with a 4 man rotation if Gray, Castillo and Disco could make it work.

Absolutely. I'd include Suarez and Moose as well. This team is really set up nicely to take advantage of the DH. Ordinarily during a 162-game season, these guys would get days off to stay fresh. But now you can just DH them and let them bat every couple innings.
We are not in any kind of short supply of DH candidates.

Zeeman, we live in America and you have the ability and choices to do what ever you want. But I"m curious as to why you would sever a 50 year relationship with something you've been a loyal fan to, because the players wear some t-shirts? Is it really that big of a deal? I don't follow sports because i like the guys on the teams personal views on things. Never have.
When you wear those shirts as a display like Votto, Suarez and Garrett did it speaks to the ignorance they have of the issues, it also spits in the face of a multitude of Reds fans and basically say I don’t give a fick about certain people’s views. Well I don’t give a fick about them then, baseball as we grew up with is dead as are all the pro sports. Leave it to humans to wreck something as pure as baseball and no it’s not just the shirts, I don’t like being lectured to by any so called celebrities

When you wear those shirts as a display like Votto, Suarez and Garrett did it speaks to the ignorance they have of the issues, it also spits in the face of a multitude of Reds fans and basically say I don’t give a fick about certain people’s views. Well I don’t give a fick about them then, baseball as we grew up with is dead as are all the pro sports. Leave it to humans to wreck something as pure as baseball and no it’s not just the shirts, I don’t like being lectured to by any so called celebrities
I like the image of the reds players spiting in your face.

Ok, I respect your opinion zeeman. And I'm not here to argue. I do think though that teammates can support each other in quiet ways, and I think this is ok. Look I don't agree that Amir Garrett is spouting off about all this stuff. I like Amir as a lefty relief pitcher for us and I'll root for him when he's ont he mound for us. He may have had some racial incidents in his past and at this point he can speak on it. I kind of know where he's going so I won't pay too close attention to him. But he needs to understand that he has a very small window for opportunity to be a major league baseball player. Believe me, if he tanks this year he'll be less heard from and hopefully it won't be because his focus isn't on baseball, but that door opens up when you do this. Now if he doesn't want to play baseball and be Colin Kapernik, then more power to him, go for it.
And you are onto something that's really becoming an issue. Many of us working joe's are just living our lives, we don't cause any problems, we pay our taxes, we have our white picket fence and dog and our lives are just peachy. We don't like to be told how bad we are, how bad of a country we have, and especially by guys who make more money than we can dream of. Many of these guys, and I'll put Amir in that category, hasn't had a bad life. In fact, he went to St. John's on a basketball scholarship, he decided baseball was his ticket to the pros and he's got a nice life.
I'll continue to be a baseball fan and Reds fan. I realize these guys are going to be a little more vocal than generations past, but I also know that the pendulum swings back and forth.