The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

So you believe BLM is for equality for all people, that interesting cuz I believe the protesters would beat the living shyte out of you if you were riding your bike say in Seattle, Chicago, NYC etc. It’s been on the news that it’s basically open season on white dudes how’d ya miss it? So if Reds players are advocating for BLM fick em. They’re losers anyway, they play in Cincy

So you believe BLM is for equality for all people, that interesting cuz I believe the protesters would beat the living shyte out of you if you were riding your bike say in Seattle, Chicago, NYC etc. It’s been on the news that it’s basically open season on white dudes how’d ya miss it? So if Reds players are advocating for BLM fick em. They’re losers anyway, they play in Cincy
I’m not scared. ??‍♂️

BLM is for equality, it's for everyone to step back and look at how things are done. Now, IMO, things are done pretty well. If we are going to take .1% of incidents out and use those as examples of police brutality, then we have nothing to discuss.
My thoughts on BLM is for the black communities to really start looking within and finding the roots of many of the issues they deal with. Most glaringly is the over 70% birth rate of black babies to single moms. You stop the country tomorrow, and make sure all future babies, white and black in America are born into two parent homes and I'll guarantee you in 5-10 years, you'll see change.
Most, and I'll say MOST of the issues with police brutality originate from the victim not complying with the authority. It's a simple as that. Weather you think it's right or not, comply with the officer and you'll stay alive. It's really as simple at that. You'll have your day in court.
I've heard no one educate anyone in the last month on this simple truth.

BLM is for equality, it's for everyone to step back and look at how things are done. Now, IMO, things are done pretty well. If we are going to take .1% of incidents out and use those as examples of police brutality, then we have nothing to discuss.
My thoughts on BLM is for the black communities to really start looking within and finding the roots of many of the issues they deal with. Most glaringly is the over 70% birth rate of black babies to single moms. You stop the country tomorrow, and make sure all future babies, white and black in America are born into two parent homes and I'll guarantee you in 5-10 years, you'll see change.
Most, and I'll say MOST of the issues with police brutality originate from the victim not complying with the authority. It's a simple as that. Weather you think it's right or not, comply with the officer and you'll stay alive. It's really as simple at that. You'll have your day in court.
I've heard no one educate anyone in the last month on this simple truth.
I’ll put you in charge of the 2 parent family program. Lol.

Well, yeah, decent people tend to frown on racism.

You people are beyond help.

What do you mean by "you people" ..... Not everyone who displays the Confederate flag are racist.... White Pride is not racist...... Black Lives Matters only shows up when it is a black man that is the victim.... not a white man..... so that sounds a bit racist to me. I don't care as it is all a front but you do not want to educate yourself on what is really going on..... Here is a quote from you

"Absolutely not. Weak-minded snowflakes are unable to deal with other people taking a differing stance on something, especially if that stance is rational."

So basically, I take a different stand from you and you immediately call me racist. I did the research on BLM and my findings are rational. It is scary what is going on and the sheep are following in line fearing retribution if they speak out. You called me racist I will call you a sheep.

Please Wake up before it is too late..... what do you have to lose by researching it?

What do you mean by "you people" ..... Not everyone who displays the Confederate flag are racist.... White Pride is not racist...... Black Lives Matters only shows up when it is a black man that is the victim.... not a white man..... so that sounds a bit racist to me. I don't care as it is all a front but you do not want to educate yourself on what is really going on..... Here is a quote from you

"Absolutely not. Weak-minded snowflakes are unable to deal with other people taking a differing stance on something, especially if that stance is rational."

So basically, I take a different stand from you and you immediately call me racist. I did the research on BLM and my findings are rational. It is scary what is going on and the sheep are following in line fearing retribution if they speak out. You called me racist I will call you a sheep.

Please Wake up before it is too late..... what do you have to lose by researching it?
Well, pretty much, yeah they are.

Frankly, man, this is so grotesquely ridiculous from start to finish that is not worth the effort in responding to it. I never called you a racist, by the way. Maybe I should have.

Frankly, man, this is so grotesquely ridiculous from start to finish that is not worth the effort in responding to it. I never called you a racist, by the way. Maybe I should have.

this is what you posted:
Well, yeah, decent people tend to frown on racism.

You people are beyond help.

I dunno, sounds like it to me..... "racism.... followed by "You People" ...

As for me and racism, I have experienced it more than a few times and yes I frown on it.

The hypocrisy of MLB players with BLM and wearing Nike Apparel ... come on, if you really believe in the cause you would not wear apparel from a company that benefits on slave labor from a Communist Country.

Do your homework Mickey...... connect the dots and see the founders of BLM are trained Marxists with Communist ties step by step completing the Marxist agenda.

Exhausting. Important issues, but all of this same debate is everywhere I turn, now even on the Reds thread.

Obvious truths:
- the vast majority of those supporting the BLM movement simply want equal treatment for black Americans. That includes a lot of moderate white people.
- the Reds players wearing the shirts are likely of this same mind - they simply want to show support for their black teammates and their community
- only extremists on both sides want to turn the BLM movement into a debate about political views
- the Confederate flag is an outdated symbol of an enemy that the USA vanquished in a war over the right to keep African slaves. So yeah, racist overtones. If you can't get that, I can't help you.
- Confederate flag not really different than Nazi flags, or other countries' flags vanquished in wars. NASCAR finally did the right thing. Mississippi should have been out of the Union as long as they kept it on their state flag.

Last edited:
Let's talk some Reds please.

Gray/Castillo - flip a coin for opening day. Hopefully both are as good as last year. My view is Castillo had the job last year, had an amazing year, and should retain the honor.

DH discussion - definitely OF rotation. Assuming Castellanos is every day, and likely Shogo also. That leaves Senzel / Winker / Aquino IMO. I like Ervin but he is going to be depth / PH for me. I'd go with Senzel in the field and Aquino DH against lefties. Tougher call against righties; Winker is in that lineup. Probably sit Senzel unless Aquino slumps.

I wish Senzel had full shoulder health this spring and time to train at SS. I'm still on the bandwagon to get him at SS and Galvis on the bench. That would allow Ervin to get ABs against lefties, which he crushes.

Tommy Thrall and Cowboy will not travel to away games and will call every game from GABP. FSO will broadcast away games from their studio. Bummer

Marty could not have picked a better time to retire; there's no way his crotchety asş would've called games off of a tv anyway ?

Tommy Thrall and Cowboy will not travel to away games and will call every game from GABP. FSO will broadcast away games from their studio. Bummer

Marty could not have picked a better time to retire; there's no way his crotchety asş would've called games off of a tv anyway ?

I'd say just have the home announcers broadcast for the away team too. Meanwhile thousands and thousands of kids across the country play in baseball/ softball/ basketball tournaments and are doing just fine. I really don't get it. Maybe just a cost cutting measure by the team.

Exhausting. Important issues, but all of this same debate is everywhere I turn, now even on the Reds thread.

Obvious truths:
- the vast majority of those supporting the BLM movement simply want equal treatment for black Americans. That includes a lot of moderate white people.
- the Reds players wearing the shirts are likely of this same mind - they simply want to show support for their black teammates and their community
- only extremists on both sides want to turn the BLM movement into a debate about political views
- the Confederate flag is an outdated symbol of an enemy that the USA vanquished in a war over the right to keep African slaves. So yeah, racist overtones. If you can't get that, I can't help you.
- Confederate flag not really different than Nazi flags, or other countries' flags vanquished in wars. NASCAR finally did the right thing. Mississippi should have been out of the Union as long as they kept it on their state flag.
I agree with all these statements, however, IF someone wants to fly a confederate flag at their house, they have every right to in this country. Just like a BLM flag, a LGBTQ flag and anything else. I have a Reds flag I fly. For some reason those who want the "right" to do things also want to infringe on others. I live in an area where I see a confederate flag or two flying at peoples houses. They have every right to do so.
Now...back to baseball....

I was hoping the punisher would dh. Your thoughts?
Aquino as a DH is certainly possible. He is all or nothing though. He's either really good or really bad. I think Winker/Castellano gives you much more consistency.
I like that Bell can really play matchups with this roster. He has a lot of guys that can mash certain pitching.