The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

eastside_purple

It’s a 60 game season almost anything can happen. Plenty of teams have been leading their division over the years after 60 games and never smelled the POs after 162. I think any team in the Central could win sans the Pirates and I’m a Buc fan.
Then put the reds first.

Red14

i really like the Reds chances in this shortened season. The starting staff is one of the best in baseball, adding Shogo and Castellaneos should really solidify the daily lineup. Heck, the Punisher isn't even going to be on the team. Too many outfielders.

brianwr112

i really like the Reds chances in this shortened season. The starting staff is one of the best in baseball, adding Shogo and Castellaneos should really solidify the daily lineup. Heck, the Punisher isn't even going to be on the team. Too many outfielders.
Umm I'd say he stands a good chance of making the team. Extended rosters and full-time DH pretty much assures it as long as he's healthy and doesn't hit a huge slump

Sig Hansen

Umm I'd say he stands a good chance of making the team. Extended rosters and full-time DH pretty much assures it as long as he's healthy and doesn't hit a huge slump
Aquino will train in Mason with the minor leaguers, instead of at GABP with everyone else. Thought that was kind of strange. He's the only player that's likely to make the team that won't be at GABP

brianwr112

Aquino will train in Mason with the minor leaguers, instead of at GABP with everyone else. Thought that was kind of strange. He's the only player that's likely to make the team that won't be at GABP
Possibly to work with a specific coach/coaches? I've come to the conclusion that none of this season will make sense. I just hope it happens.

wolves82

Yeah - I noticed Aquino on the Mason list and OF Mark Payton (?) is with the GABP unit. Makes no sense to me. After what Aquino did last year, if he is not on the roster to start the year, some serious explaining needs to happen. Gotta give him a chance to see if he can catch fire again, unless he is hurt or something.

MickeyMantle

Yeah - I noticed Aquino on the Mason list and OF Mark Payton (?) is with the GABP unit. Makes no sense to me. After what Aquino did last year, if he is not on the roster to start the year, some serious explaining needs to happen. Gotta give him a chance to see if he can catch fire again, unless he is hurt or something.
Payton is the Rule 5 pick, so he has to stay on the MLB roster or be offered back to the A's. Aquino, with options remaining, seems to possibly be falling victim to that situation. That said, given the oddity of this season, the Rule 5 procedures ought to be relaxed.

wolves82

If the choice is winning or keeping Mark Payton as a Red, that is an easy choice for me. Put the Aquino big bat in the lineup every day until he proves last year was a fluke. Keep in mind what Aquino did for a 56 game stretch last year. Anyone who does that for 60 games this year will be MVP.

Sig Hansen

Payton is the Rule 5 pick, so he has to stay on the MLB roster or be offered back to the A's. Aquino, with options remaining, seems to possibly be falling victim to that situation. That said, given the oddity of this season, the Rule 5 procedures ought to be relaxed.
This is insanity. Thanks for explaining