Ohsaa?

You guys don't get it, they are having a hard time figuring out how to have school in the fall and bus kids to school ,sports means very little , . .A business that grosses billions Nba and Mlb cant figure out how to keep people safe and conduct business . The chances of sports in Ohio is slim without a vaccine or treatment . The rate of infection in kids means zero its the Ro value that means everything . In April we were running 4.56 now we are under 1 which is great .
Lol...This!! ????? So yeah we do get it.
June 22nd is all contact sports

Attachments

• 20200618_211116.jpg
    20200618_211116.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Lol...This!! ????? So yeah we do get it.
June 22nd is all contact sports
Just for laughs give a tournament we can send our kids to in Ohio in June or July, just one! Good luck, a little advice,buy a mat you will need it this winter .It doesnt matter what we think it only matters what they decide.Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

Just for laughs give a tournament we can send our kids to in Ohio in June or July, just one! Good luck, a little advice,buy a mat you will need it this winter .It doesnt matter what we think it only matters what they decide.Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!
I dont care about June or July right now ...I care about HS

Regardless of more testing or not, the percentage is rising, not just the total of positive tests.

Before: 10-20 out of every 1000 children tested positive

Now: 50-60 out of every 1000 children are testing positive
You literally don't understand the math. It is not an apples to apples comparison.

If you are right (which you aren't)

50 to 60 positive tests per 1000. Still over the entire pandemic 111 cases required hospitalizations.

Now if you wanted to actually make a fair comparison... you'd need more information like how many of those positives are from pre screens of elective procedures? How many are asymptomatic.

This is the problem with trying to explain complex situations with simple math.

I dont understand why you took percent (per 100) and made it 50 to 60 per 1000. If you did it to make the numbers bigger and more scary... you're part of the problem.

If youre trying to normalize the statistics to make an apples to apples comparison, you're getting closer to the correct math. Usually its cases per 100,000 people (not tested people). That would change things considerably.

I actually did that comparison last quarter with my students with coronavirus and other causes of death.

164 kids under the age of 3 died from the seasonal flu
ZERO kids under the age of 18 died from corona
why didnt we shut down day cares?

Money sure is a major problem, but the limits of freedom being placed on the players is also an issue. They want to cage perfectly healthy young men. It's not going so well. Freedom has a price and I'm thinking the players want to be compensated for being caged up. I'll bet many of the high priced contract players don't really want to play under the limits.

You literally don't understand the math. It is not an apples to apples comparison.

If you are right (which you aren't)

50 to 60 positive tests per 1000. Still over the entire pandemic 111 cases required hospitalizations.

Now if you wanted to actually make a fair comparison... you'd need more information like how many of those positives are from pre screens of elective procedures? How many are asymptomatic.

This is the problem with trying to explain complex situations with simple math.

I dont understand why you took percent (per 100) and made it 50 to 60 per 1000. If you did it to make the numbers bigger and more scary... you're part of the problem.

If youre trying to normalize the statistics to make an apples to apples comparison, you're getting closer to the correct math. Usually its cases per 100,000 people (not tested people). That would change things considerably.

I actually did that comparison last quarter with my students with coronavirus and other causes of death.
You're beating a dead horse. Fear and emotions are powerful conditions. Political views are driving this Pandemic. Be damned statistics and analysis. The grim reaper is everywhere. Kids are headed back to the mats and I can't help but wonder if some are unhappy.

Money sure is a major problem, but the limits of freedom being placed on the players is also an issue. They want to cage perfectly healthy young men. It's not going so well. Freedom has a price and I'm thinking the players want to be compensated for being caged up. I'll bet many of the high priced contract players don't really want to play under the limits.
I also enjoy wrestling and have 2 high school kids involved., when the schools and the state say we can start wrestling under the school name then things are a go. The problem I see with Mlb, Nba, and even high and college is the liability and who pays. They cant set the guidelines for classes in the fall for or having lunch with a certain number of kids in at one time. I think sports falls kinda low on the priority list. Read the guidelines for phase 2 and it really doesn't give an answer for wrestling .

I also enjoy wrestling and have 2 high school kids involved., when the schools and the state say we can start wrestling under the school name then things are a go. The problem I see with Mlb, Nba, and even high and college is the liability and who pays. They cant set the guidelines for classes in the fall for or having lunch with a certain number of kids in at one time. I think sports falls kinda low on the priority list. Read the guidelines for phase 2 and it really doesn't give an answer for wrestling .

Nothing has been decided as far as school goes around here. They took a survey of parents and I'm assuming that that may shape what the school does within the bounds of what the state says. Meanwhile, there are indoor weightlifting sessions going on, indoor basketball practices, etc. I'm not sure what the wrestling coach will do, if anything, as there isn't usually much that goes on after Fargo anyway in the HS room. As to your earlier comments about tournaments in Ohio - what tournaments are usually held in Ohio in June and July?

Regardless of more testing or not, the percentage is rising, not just the total of positive tests.

Can someone help me understand the “justification” that “COVID-19 cases are (only) going up because we’re doing more testing”.

In my simple mind it’s kind of like you saying you made 50 free throws to my 46 so you think you’re a better shooter...but then I point out the fact you took 150 shots and I took 60...

Can someone help me understand the “justification” that “COVID-19 cases are (only) going up because we’re doing more testing”.

In my simple mind it’s kind of like you saying you made 50 free throws to my 46 so you think you’re a better shooter...but then I point out the fact you took 150 shots and I took 60...

In the beginning of this, when tests were at a premium, you only got tested if you presented symptoms.

Today, if a person shows symptoms, we test everyone around them.

For example:

They rolled in and did ~800 tests, found ~200 cases

There may or may not be more cases now, but we have a more accurate picture. The per capita or per 1000 numbers are increasing because we are testing more, but it doesn't necessarily mean there are more cases than there have ever been. It also doesn't mean that there are not.

In your analogy, you have to take another 90 shots.

It's also difficult to formulate a statistical sample for testing. You can't say "Well, we tested 1000 people, and came up with 10 cases", because we don't know the extent of their possible exposure (i.e. they've been locked in their house for 3 months)

In your analogy, you were shooting free throws on pop-a-shot.

So... we have to test a lot, and we have to repeatedly test to get an accurate account of spread. To control it, we have to take those positive cases and isolate them.

It looks like we are going to go with the Swedish model instead.

Last edited:
I’d like someone to further explain the liability aspect of this. I’m sure there’s a handful of attorneys on here. How would a school be liable and a restaurant not be. Sending your kid to a practice or tournament and you assume the risk that you could catch something. Send your kid into a restaurant and they could catch something. In both scenarios you know the risk and assume by participating. I’m no lawyer but I doubt think some of you guys are thinking things through.

I’d like someone to further explain the liability aspect of this. I’m sure there’s a handful of attorneys on here. How would a school be liable and a restaurant not be. Sending your kid to a practice or tournament and you assume the risk that you could catch something. Send your kid into a restaurant and they could catch something. In both scenarios you know the risk and assume by participating. I’m no lawyer but I doubt think some of you guys are thinking things through.
Just guessing,

Im assuming about payouts from schools are easier to obtain.

Restaurants are more than likely an LLC and the company will just go under without the owner being held personally liable

Just guessing,

Im assuming about payouts from schools are easier to obtain.

Restaurants are more than likely an LLC and the company will just go under without the owner being held personally liable

Plus restaurants have been given guidelines by the state to follow. If they follow those guidelines that limits their liability.

Right now nobodies taking the lead with school sports. This leaves liability solely on the school.

wrestling is in real trouble for this year
wrestling is starting right after the election, the odds of covid being back in full blown media made is extremely likely

It is a fact that more people over the age of 95 have died then under 40

Old age, how does it work?

In a normal year, people over 75 make up over 80% total deaths in the US.

For 2018
Age Group---Deaths per 100K---Percentage
85+----------13573---------------63.07%
75-84--------4472----------------20.78%
65-74--------1790 ----------------8.32%
55-64--------885------------------4.11%
45-54--------401------------------1.86%
35-44--------195------------------0.91%
25-34--------132------------------0.61%
15-24--------74-------------------0.34%

I had no idea 71% of covid deaths are from assisted care facilities in Ohio. It's becoming difficult to find daily death statistics. Does anyone know where Ohio daily death counts are being posted? It was averaging single digits and headed to zero. Our Governor should post age, location and underlying health issues for every death.
Actually it is closer to 77 if you factor prisons