Week 1 Games at Hall of Fame Stadium

It is simply another example of how the stadium doesn't belong to McKinley. You think back in the old days McKinley is left out of something like this?
Hell no they aren’t as a matter of fact they weren’t. In 2008 at Fawcett both Massillon and mckinley played out of state teams in the Herbstreit classic. Both teams lost and Massillon was the headliner game playing at night.

mck doesn’t offer it at all, because mck doesn’t have a stadium. Just by the name alone tells you who runs it.
My God, you're the dumbest azzes on here-both of you. Who do you think leases the land and from whom? That's right, McKinley owns the land and can take over that stadium anytime the lease is violated, and McKinley having Benson Stadium as it's home stadium for football is baked into the lease. We PREFER it this way, as Johnson Controls has to pay for any updates and maintain this state of the art, multiple purposed stadium. It is simply OUR HOME.

Nobody wants to play at a crummy old, run down Massillon stadium mass. can't even afford to upgrade.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

My God, you're the dumbest azzes on here-both of you. Who do you think leases the land and from whom? That's right, McKinley owns the land and can take over that stadium anytime the lease is violated, and McKinley having Benson Stadium as it's home stadium for football is baked into the lease. We PREFER it this way, as Johnson Controls has to pay for any updates and maintain this state of the art, multiple purposed stadium. It is simply OUR HOME.

Nobody wants to play at a crummy old, run down Massillon stadium mass. can't even afford to upgrade.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION
If I go to Benson right now and walk into the stadium will I see a big bulldog in the middle of the turf and mckinley bulldogs in the end zones ??? How about any permanent signs that say home of the mckinley bulldogs. Is it named for a former Bulldog player or mckinley graduate ?
You PREFER it that way ??? What a dumbaz ! You didn’t have a choice !!!
PAUL BROWN TIGER STADIUM was due for upgrades and there will be 3 mill put into it. That stadium is Massillon’s and only Massillon’s. Nice orange and black seating with a big Obie in the middle. When you walk into that stadium there is NO DOUBT who is the home team.

If I go to Benson right now and walk into the stadium will I see a big bulldog in the middle of the turf and mckinley bulldogs in the end zones ??? How about any permanent signs that say home of the mckinley bulldogs. Is it named for a former Bulldog player or mckinley graduate ?
PAUL BROWN TIGER STADIUM was due for upgrades and there will be 3 mill put into it. That stadium is Massillon’s and only Massillon’s. Nice orange and black seating with a big Obie in the middle. When you walk into that stadium there is NO DOUBT who is the home team.
Yeah, but all JJ has to do is go on the HOF website and see who's playing in the HOF game this year and then see who the home team is that year and he knows who is the home team too!

We know you hate it, but we don't mind letting our little D2 brother to the west use our facility.
???
mck didn’t have a say in the matter, Nike talked to the HOF not the mckinley football team. It’s weird that the hometown team that USES that facility wasnt even invited to it. Not good enough nor would make the festival any money.

So let's put a dream slate of 5 games...all Ohio teams that don't typically play each other. Mix of small and big schools.

Kirtland vs Marion Local
Orrville vs Ironton
Hoban vs Trotwood-Madison
Mentor vs Elder
Canton McKinley vs Pick Central

Some of these teams have already played before multiple times I have a better suggestion:
Marion Local ve Mogadore
Orville vs Ironton is a really good one
Trotwood vs Steubenville
St. Ed’s vs La Salle
Pick Central vs Whitmer

You mean Thom Benson isn't a McKinley grad? How about a Cantwin native? Stark County native? We'll he's gotta originally be from somewhere in Ohio, right? No? Why is there a statue of him in Fawcett?

Wonder if the statue of Rod Carew is almost done at Dover Crater Stadium yet? Or the statue or Artis Gilmore....wonder is Strasburg has it done yet? Lol.

???
mck didn’t have a say in the matter, Nike talked to the HOF not the mckinley football team. It’s weird that the hometown team that USES that facility wasnt even invited to it. Not good enough nor would make the festival any money.

Just a guess but all teams are most likely under contract to wear Nike . Mckinley is not.

I’ve wondered the same thing, or have Ohio teams play a perennial nationally ranked out of state team. Unless it’s a “1 ticket good for all games” I can’t imagine many people going to watch a NY team play a CA team.

I 100% agree. Whoever brainstormed this must not have put much thought into it or just threw it together with the first teams that said yes to an invite to play at Tom Benson. This could have been a truly marquee Ohio HS football event that MANY people would be buzzing about. I love the concept, just not the teams involved.

This could have been a truly marquee Ohio HS football event that MANY people would be buzzing about. I love the concept, just not the teams involved.

Even pre-Benson, I always thought a week 1 or 2 (depending on the holiday) festival type event should be rotated between Canton and Massillon. Multi-day event, with McKinley and Massillon playing big games as the nightcap. Local teams fill in the rest. Perry v. Central, Hoover v. Louisville. Even some near out of county teams like Orrville, Malvern, etc.

We may need to send a camera crew over to try to find some acceptable shots of PBTS. Could you send heff over to clean the bird crap off of Paul Brown's statue?

We may need to send a camera crew over to try to find some acceptable shots of PBTS. Could you send heff over to clean the bird crap off of Paul Brown's statue?
Paul Brown’s statue !!!
I would assume there is a statue in front of the stadium in canton of a famous mckinley coach or player, I just can’t remember who it is. Can you help ???

As it currently stands, PBTS could not stand the scrutiny of a high profile event.

Oh just stop. Is CT Branin in danger of not hosting the OHSAA Swimming Finals because it needs $3.2 million in upgrades? Old buildings need to be maintained. PBTS and Branin are both assets to the entire Stark County community. Be thankful both schools are putting up the money to keep them.

Oh just stop. Is CT Branin in danger of not hosting the OHSAA Swimming Finals because it needs $3.2 million in upgrades? Old buildings need to be maintained. PBTS and Branin are both assets to the entire Stark County community. Be thankful both schools are putting up the money to keep them.

Kudos to the MCSD and CCSD Boards of Education for appropriating the funds for the renovations to PBTS and the Branin Natatorium.

So let's put a dream slate of 5 games...all Ohio teams that don't typically play each other. Mix of small and big schools.

Kirtland vs Marion Local
Orrville vs Ironton
Hoban vs Trotwood-Madison
Mentor vs Elder
Canton McKinley vs Pick Central

La Salle vs. St. Eds
Steubenville vs. Massillon
Canton McKinley vs. St. Ignatius
Mentor vs Colerain
Marion Local vs Mogadore

Big school heavy and couple of these have probably been played in the past decade but they're still intriguing matchups that would sell tickets.

This is the best kickoff weekend for a long time. Ans its happening at the state's top site for HS football. The rest is just blah, blah, blah

This is the best kickoff weekend for a long time. Ans its happening at the state's top site for HS football. The rest is just blah, blah, blah
If you post can you use English so we can understand what you are trying to say. ?
Then again when we read your posts it’s always blah, blah, blah.

Could do an OH/PA challenge:

Pickerington Central (D1) vs. St. Joseph's Prep (6A)
La Salle (DII) vs. Archbishop Wood (5A)
Trotwood Madison (DIII) vs. Thomas Jefferson (4A)
Clyde (DIV) vs. Wyoming Area (3A)
Kirtland (DV) vs. Southern Columbia (2A)
Anna (DVI) vs. Ferrell (A)

Last edited:
The games have been moved to PBTS?

Agreed about it being the best kickoff weekend in a LONG LONG time. We over here in Loon land are honored to not only be participating, but to be the Marquee team in the field.

Could do an OH/PA challenge:

Pickerington Central (D1) vs. St. Joseph's Prep (6A)
La Salle (DII) vs. Archbishop Wood (5A)
Trotwood Madison (DIII) vs. Thomas Jefferson (4A)
Clyde (DIV) vs. Wyoming Area (3A)
Kirtland (DV) vs. Southern Columbia (2A)
Anna (DVI) vs. Ferrell (A)
They ran from the Big 33, I doubt they want any part of this type of thing.