NCAA Tournament Thread

It's almost like winning 6 games in a row in a single elimination tournament against the best teams in the country is hard to do

I get that, 7 FFs and only 1 title? If that was UK, UNC, UCLA, etc the media would be all over him as a choke artist, but he gets a pass bc he's coaching at a "non-premier" program.
I think that's just because the fans in East Lansing aren't as demanding as the ones in Lexington and Chapel Hill. No one in Spartyland seems to mind, because they're not as crazily unrealistic.

If you had asked me which two games were the most guaranteed wins for the Big Ten I'd have responded MSU and Purdue without hesitation

I think that's just because the fans in East Lansing aren't as demanding as the ones in Lexington and Chapel Hill. No one in Spartyland seems to mind, because they're not as crazily unrealistic.

Even when they do get to the FF, they seem to get their kicked. I'd rather have a program like Uconn, which always seems to have crappy years, but rebounds and actually wins a title when nobody expects it.

I wonder what pboy thinks msu should do about their underperforming coach. Not sure why they are keeping him around just because he's a nice guy. :laugh:

I wonder what pboy thinks msu should do about their underperforming coach. Not sure why they are keeping him around just because he's a nice guy. :laugh:

1/7 in the FF, including mostly blowouts in those losses, that's underperforming. Not to mention some of his better teams have gotten knocked out early. Izzo is good but not great, great coaches win on the big stage.

How many coaches have made 7 F4s and won a title during Izzo's tenure? Who has he underperformed? Maybe a couple elite? K? Cal? Pitino? Two of those guys are dirty as all hell.

Coach K, Roy Williams, Calhoun and Donovan have all won multiple titles since Izzo won his last(and only.)

Who cares? No one reminisces over the glory years where they lost in the semi-finals.

Why don't we break down sweet 16 appearances by coach too. Has about as much meaning.

Yes they do. Reaching a final 4 is a huge deal for coaches, players and fans. Been that way for a long time.